Will r2 work with openreach bt modem ?

Max

38 minutes ago, Max said:

Hi Fraser how I can get more channels for WiFi 5ghz? 

Have you a problem with these channels. Normally unless you have other neighbouring channels using these there should not be a problem.

Have you used a WiFi analyser to see what is about you?

Only problem what I have with5ghz WiFi is my headset turtlebeach elite 800 they working on the same frequency so if I change the channel  to above 100 they work fine below 100 they getting disconnected for 1/2 seconds sometimes and I’m getting some noises in the headset 

I know this because I could change this before I done factory reset 

it’s nothing to do with R2 this is how the headset works 

Thanks max

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Max said:

Only problem what I have with5ghz WiFi is my headset turtlebeach elite 800 they working on the same frequency so if I change the channel  to above 100 they work fine below 100 they getting disconnected for 1/2 seconds sometimes and I’m getting some noises in the headset 

I know this because I could change this before I done factory reset 

it’s nothing to do with R2 this is how the headset works 

Thanks max

Ah understood, that makes sense, are they in quite close proximity? Are you able to space them apart at all?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fraser can ask you something? 
I will be upgrading my broadband with Bt to full fibre optic with 150 gb download speed 

so optic cable will go to my house 

do I have to change any settings on r2 or start again with factory reset?

and the last one is can I still use my white modem or connect Bt router and then  r2?

31 minutes ago, Max said:

Hi Fraser can ask you something? 
I will be upgrading my broadband with Bt to full fibre optic with 150 gb download speed 

so optic cable will go to my house 

do I have to change any settings on r2 or start again with factory reset?

and the last one is can I still use my white modem or connect Bt router and then  r2?

If they install an ONT you just plug into that. If it were me I would be resetting as then setting up again as your connection will be different. However I thought they removed some of the lower speed packages so is this Gfast connection or FTTP?

Omg I don’t know 

they told me someone is going to come connect the fibre cable from the box outside to my house and they going to change to socket inside  the house is this mean I can plug r2 straight in to the socket on the wall? 
I don’t know what type of connection that will be 

Hi I have a bit stupid question 

Every time when I’m playing with friends they have really bad connection playing with me  but if I leave in the middle of the game connection is better for them 

is it anything in r2 what I could have set wrong? 
I did try with geofilter on and off and

they still can’t play when we are in the same lobby 

so basically I can’t play with my friends 

any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Max said:

Hi I have a bit stupid question 

Every time when I’m playing with friends they have really bad connection playing with me  but if I leave in the middle of the game connection is better for them 

is it anything in r2 what I could have set wrong? 
I did try with geofilter on and off and

they still can’t play when we are in the same lobby 

so basically I can’t play with my friends 

any suggestions?

Are they just finding the game is laggy or do mean they can’t join your games at time?

No it’s not laggy we are playing call off duty and they can’t basically kill enemies when I playing with them but when I leave they have better connection and better shutting 

I know it’s stupid 

I was thinking about this because I was not complaining at all 😂😂but once I leave the lobby they can see the difference with fight 1v1

I was even thinking about sbmm but I don’t 

Know how to explain this

• Administrators

I don't think SBMM would be it if you're leaving halfway through the game as the same players are within the game. It could be that they have a moderate NAT but I wouldn't have thought that'd be it either. Maybe you could advise them on how to get an Open NAT and see if it improves?