Will r2 work with openreach bt modem ?

Max

I can’t get connected true  this modem it was working fine with r1

do I need different modem or router?

i was able to run r2 only when I’m connected to r1 can you please advise 

thanks max

D63D790E-9BD2-49FA-99EB-39D246357E72.jpeg

Are you with BT?

That’s the HG612 and works fine with all routers. I’ve got the same. If with BT when you run the setup you need your primary email address and the password can be anything so something like BT for example is all that’s required.

i would reset the R2 and run the setup again. Start from fresh.

Yes it’s Bt but the problem is when I connect r2 to this modem I can’t connect any other device to r2 so I can’t login to the r2 there’s no WiFi and I can’t get internet on laptop using the cable to 

so how I can login to r2 and put Bt email address? 
can you also let me know where in r2 menu i need to go to setup Bt email address please 

thanks max

Guest Killhippie

Plug the power supply into the modem and then a modem cable into wall socket to the connection marked DSL on the modem then turn on. Wait for 2 mins for the power light to come on and the DSL light to stop flashing Then plug the R2 into Lan 1 (Lan 2 is not functional on these modems) Then boot the R2 and all should work. I take it the modem has two green lights when turned on without the R2 connected?

Ok I think I know what to do now 👍

can I just quickly ask where in r2 menu I can find the place to type Bt email address as username it will save time searching 

thanks for support 

Guest Killhippie
7 minutes ago, Max said:

Ok I think I know what to do now 👍

can I just quickly ask where in r2 menu I can find the place to type Bt email address as username it will save time searching 

thanks for support 

The R2 should provide a set up routine to do that when you boot it up when its connected to your PC  :)

One more question guys is it normal that I’m getting full speed of my broadband on my phone ? (WiFi)
that never happened on r1 or is that normal now?

congestion control is set for always there is 11 devices connected to r2 or is it me not clicking something  on congestion control to share broadband the way I want ?

please advise 

thanks

I’m putting the same details as in pppoe don’t   work 

admin password don’t work

i try pc with Ethernet cable and still nothing I can’t login to r2

any other suggestions? 
My broadband is still on on all devices I just can’t login to r2 🥴

• Administrators

PPPoE is just to be input in the WAN Settings. When you went through the Setup Wizard you would have entered information for what you wanted the router interface admin/password to be. Whatever you entered there is what you need to put in when that box appears.