Will r2 work with openreach bt modem ?

Max

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys I need a small advise here I upgrade  my broadband to 900 download and 110 upload 

but when I’m doing test I can can only get 330 download on r2 

when the test is done Bt router it will go up to 550

I did change download and upload cap in r2  Is it any thing else I need to change in r2 ?

I do remember it was different box to set on r1 

please advise max

23 minutes ago, Max said:

Hi guys I need a small advise here I upgrade  my broadband to 900 download and 110 upload 

but when I’m doing test I can can only get 330 download on r2 

when the test is done Bt router it will go up to 550

I did change download and upload cap in r2  Is it any thing else I need to change in r2 ?

I do remember it was different box to set on r1 

please advise max

Is this with QoS enabled? Could you try going to the three-line menu in Congestion control and disable QoS, then test your speeds again? 

1 minute ago, Max said:

I set qos to never and stil bellow 400

This isn't the same as having QoS fully disabled, it can still limit speeds even with QoS set to Never. Try going to the three-line menu and tick the 'Disable QoS' box.

OK thanks for confirming.

Are there any other devices connected to the new modem or is it just the R2? Then every other device connects to the R2?

Also have you spoken to your ISP since upgrading? If you're paying for 900 down and only getting 550 it's probably worth mentioning? 

Yes I have other devices connected to r2 I asked customer service why I’m not getting 900 she said everything it’s ok on the line and it should be 900 so I connect Bt router and I’m getting only 550 so it looks like it’s no point to pay for 900 if I’m getting less then 500 that way I ask you is it anything ( settings ways )what I should do on r2? 

13 minutes ago, Max said:

Yes I have other devices connected to r2 I asked customer service why I’m not getting 900 she said everything it’s ok on the line and it should be 900 so I connect Bt router and I’m getting only 550 so it looks like it’s no point to pay for 900 if I’m getting less then 500 that way I ask you is it anything ( settings ways )what I should do on r2? 

Understood, are you testing your speeds over wired or wireless when you do an Ookla test? 

13 minutes ago, Max said:

It was WiFi I will have my laptop back on afternoon and I do more testing thanks

OK, let us know how you get on. If you're experiencing the same issues without the R1 involved it won't be caused by the R1, but we may be able to configure Geo-filter and QoS to improve your experience!

I’m totally confused done speed test via cable on laptop and I got speed bellow 100 is it something wrong with my laptop? 
wifi speed over 300 🤦‍♂️

• Administrators

On the PC go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Network Connections > Right click the ethernet, on the window that appears click Configure then go to the Advanced tab. Find speed and duplex in the list, click on that then on the right, click on the drop box, what are your options?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys it’s me again and I have problems with r2 or app for r2 

I’m  getting message about error and r2 needs to be restart but after restart geofilter won’t work on app

but now using google chrome I got message like this please advise 

B5656638-31D6-4205-8301-054CB2F92C1F.png