Netduma R2 rebooted suddenly

Squidid

9 hours ago, Squidid said:

I didn't check, but I just restarted the router and it fixed it. But this never happened before since the last update. Also before that my games are lagging even though the speedtests comes up 800mbps download, 700mbps upload, and 5 ms ping. That's why I adjusted the QoS and that happened.

OK, let us know if you experience any further disconnections. How do you currently have QoS configured?

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, let us know if you experience any further disconnections. How do you currently have QoS configured?

Like this:

But it's currently disabled because I'm scared that it might have issues again.

20210611_112600.jpg

20210611_112538.jpg

• Administrators

Make sure the router isn't sat in a place where it could easily overheat and has plenty of airflow, it's getting quite hot in the UK for example so could be overheating, if you have a fan perhaps try pointing that at the router, then enable QoS and see if it is more stable

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Make sure the router isn't sat in a place where it could easily overheat and has plenty of airflow, it's getting quite hot in the UK for example so could be overheating, if you have a fan perhaps try pointing that at the router, then enable QoS and see if it is more stable

I agree with Fraser, from software perspective the QoS works great but the CPU works more and this means the temperature grows, it is important to keep the R2 fresher if you want to have the QoS enabled.

Please take a look this example: 

Right now I'm using QoS to rate-limit the traffic to 60mbps for download and 10mbps for upload and I set a couple of rules of traffic prioritization for the "Microsoft teams" and please notice the CPU, the average utilization is 35-40%:

image.thumb.png.b7514e6c76672cd199676998aacc8e4a.png

image.thumb.png.f5c7491ab19197055609c6dd80fe82dd.png

And please check the temperature, right now is at 49.2 C degrees and is still incrementing and I started download and upload traffic at 11:21am when the temperature was in 47.8

image.png.4ca820ca60ebabdd982dbf36c7f696cb.png

For this reason, is important to keep the R2 in a place fresher if you want to use the QoS.

Wednesday and Thursday I did not stress the QoS and the higher temperature was 48 C degrees:

image.png.8f3e843e4b23eb6d5ed6fa5c03e5ee04.png

Cheers.

Kenneth R

On 6/11/2021 at 11:40 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay I took the front cover of the mini fan and placed it under the R2 so there's some kind of vent going on there. The problem is the fan is not working anymore, but I hope the front cover of the mini fan would work.

21 hours ago, kgrm said:

Please take a look this example: 

Right now I'm using QoS to rate-limit the traffic to 60mbps for download and 10mbps for upload and I set a couple of rules of traffic prioritization for the "Microsoft teams" and please notice the CPU, the average utilization is 

Thank you! I am currently looking for a fan for my R2. So to confirm one last time, QoS can overheat and cause the R2 to disconnect?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 12:55 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Keep us posted! @kgrm was the person I was referring to and at least in their case it has helped with this so definitely worth a try for you, meanwhile we're of course working on fixing that as well.

@Netduma Fraser Okay so I've set it up 4 days ago and it has not disconnected since, but there's really no difference in speed. Before all this my ping was at around 30ms, then after the disconnection happened I'm having over 70ms ping and it's affecting the gameplay so I setup the R2 (sitting on top of a fan cover and the fan is also blowing it so it won't overheat when I turn on the QoS and it still has not, but my ping is still around 70ms and sometimes spikes up to 130ms. Btw the game I'm playing is League of Legends Wild rift it's a mobile game. But like I said before the issues happened my ping was at 30ms.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser Okay so I've set it up 4 days ago and it has not disconnected since, but there's really no difference in speed. Before all this my ping was at around 30ms, then after the disconnection happened I'm having over 70ms ping and it's affecting the gameplay so I setup the R2 (sitting on top of a fan cover and the fan is also blowing it so it won't overheat when I turn on the QoS and it still has not, but my ping is still around 70ms and sometimes spikes up to 130ms. Btw the game I'm playing is League of Legends Wild rift it's a mobile game. But like I said before the issues happened my ping was at 30ms.

Great progress! If you make a custom Traffic Prio rule:

Source: 1-65535
Destination: 1-65535
Protocol: TCP/UDP

to the phone, does the ping improve?

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Let me do that now hold on.

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Should I "apple to WAN"?

20210623_132820.jpg

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Gaming doesn't use much bandwidth and just giving it more won't make it use it so I'd just recommend resetting to the default distribution. Also with that TP rule it would supersede Bandwidth Allocation anyway

@Netduma Fraser okay I tried playing again and the ping is still the same.

10 hours ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser okay I tried playing again and the ping is still the same.

Could you please try adding your phone to Geo-filter and leave it in spectating mode (filtering mode disabled), then play a game of League and see if a server appears on the Geo-filter map. Make sure filtering mode is disabled though as otherwise you probably won't be able to get a game.

If you see a server on the map, could you let us know approximately how far it is from your physical location and also provide a screenshot?

16 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please try adding your phone to Geo-filter and leave it in spectating mode (filtering mode disabled), then play a game of League and see if a server appears on the Geo-filter map. Make sure filtering mode is disabled though as otherwise you probably won't be able to get a game.

If you see a server on the map, could you let us know approximately how far it is from your physical location and also provide a screenshot?

Sure. I will try that one tomorrow. So should I maximize the range of the geo filter or just 1000 miles around me?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Squidid said:

Sure. I will try that one tomorrow. So should I maximize the range of the geo filter or just 1000 miles around me?

It doesn't really matter, Spectating Mode will allow anything 

On 10/9/2020 at 7:24 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Without the internet access the domain name was unreachable which makes sense, that's why the guide gives you the IP to access the interface.

That worked. While I was playing I saw the server came up and also the ping assist player and a player. The server was where my mouse is.

20210625_121325.jpg

• Administrators

Ah great, could you get the ID of that server for us? If you switch to Filtering and exclude that server do you:

a) Not able to connect to the lobby/launch the game properly

or 

b) Get onto the game/lobby but not able to get into a playable game

Either way does that server then appear blocked?

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah great, could you get the ID of that server for us? If you switch to Filtering and exclude that server do you:

a) Not able to connect to the lobby/launch the game properly

or 

b) Get onto the game/lobby but not able to get into a playable game

Either way does that server then appear blocked?

Here is the ID: d1345823d1703035 (after playing it changed to 96365823d335d6db)

Domain name: gem-speedtest-c1c61140440c4040.elb.us-west-1.amazonaws.com.

I turned the Filtering mode, but I don't know how to exclude that server?

47 minutes ago, Squidid said:

Here is the ID: d1345823d1703035 (after playing it changed to 96365823d335d6db)

Domain name: gem-speedtest-c1c61140440c4040.elb.us-west-1.amazonaws.com.

I turned the Filtering mode, but I don't know how to exclude that server?

What I did was deny the servers using the ping thingy. Although I'm not sure if that's what you mean?

So I did deny those 2 servers then a new server came up so I saved it for now. I'm currently playing with the 2 servers blocked.

Update: So I blocked the new server. There's still no difference. I didn't have any issues.