Netduma R2 rebooted suddenly

Squidid

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser Internet connection lost in 2.4 and 5ghz. But there's internet connection from modem/router(ISP).

Update: Internet's back on. I didn't do anything. It fixed itself?

Might have been a brief downtime from the modem and R2 was trying to reestablish the connection.

@Netduma Fraser In the Geo-filter map, add device is not working.

QOS takes a minute to load then gives an error.

Update: I rebooted the R2 and everything I mentioned above was resolved, but the internet connection on both ethernet and wifi are gone and there's internet connection from modem (ISP). I unplugged the R2's ethernet connection to the modem and plugged it back in and it resolved it. I just think that R2 should get the internet back without having me to do that. Hope this helps for the new firmware.

On 10/30/2020 at 8:48 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad it's all working now, I am working with the team on trying to sort out the internet re-establishing being better.

@Netduma Fraser Nice. I hope it gets fixed. So I saw that the new firmware is out. I haven't downloaded it yet. I haven't had any problems yet which is really nice! Now I'm kinda scared to update it to the new one. Should I?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser Nice. I hope it gets fixed. So I saw that the new firmware is out. I haven't downloaded it yet. I haven't had any problems yet which is really nice! Now I'm kinda scared to update it to the new one. Should I?

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. You're basically on the same version. I would recommend upgrading but only if you encounter the issue again, it's not worth it at this point.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. You're basically on the same version. I would recommend upgrading but only if you encounter the issue again, it's not worth it at this point.

Yeah. I'm scared to upgrade anyways. I will start connecting the rest of the devices to the R2 today since I haven't had any issues.

Does my current version have these improvements in the QoS:

•        Congestion Control Auto-Setup is now less aggressive - users should see improved results.
  •          Improved QoS Stability.

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Squidid said:

Yeah. I'm scared to upgrade anyways. I will start connecting the rest of the devices to the R2 today since I haven't had any issues.

Does my current version have these improvements in the QoS:

•        Congestion Control Auto-Setup is now less aggressive - users should see improved results.
  •          Improved QoS Stability.

It does yes. There shouldn't be too much difference between the versions, I would just recommend it as there could have been something added between the version I was handing out and the release version.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It does yes. There shouldn't be too much difference between the versions, I would just recommend it as there could have been something added between the version I was handing out and the release version.

Also the hybrid vpn how does it work and what's the difference between the hybrid vpn and the other vpn sevices like PIA or wtfast?

18 hours ago, Squidid said:

Also the hybrid vpn how does it work and what's the difference between the hybrid vpn and the other vpn sevices like PIA or wtfast?

Hybrid VPN is a VPN client that runs on the router. 

When you subscribe to a VPN service, they usually provide you with a desktop application that you need to install to be able to connect to their VPN. Hybrid VPN is like a version of that application that runs on your router.

More specifically, it's an OpenVPN client. This means that it can connect you to any VPN which uses OpenVPN configuration files. This are open source and widely available, most VPN providers will give you these config files.

Hybrid VPN has built in profiles for PureVPN and HideMyAss, making it especially easy to use those services, but these are not the only services we support.

1 hour ago, Netduma Alex said:

Hybrid VPN is a VPN client that runs on the router. 

When you subscribe to a VPN service, they usually provide you with a desktop application that you need to install to be able to connect to their VPN. Hybrid VPN is like a version of that application that runs on your router.

More specifically, it's an OpenVPN client. This means that it can connect you to any VPN which uses OpenVPN configuration files. This are open source and widely available, most VPN providers will give you these config files.

Hybrid VPN has built in profiles for PureVPN and HideMyAss, making it especially easy to use those services, but these are not the only services we support.

Cool. Thank you! I will try using it then.

@Netduma Fraser Okay, just today the 2.4ghz is gone. Devices suddenly lost connection to 2.4ghz, but the 5ghz and ethernet is fine.

Update: Tried to wait if it will come back up again on its own, but didn't. I had to reboot the R2 and it came back. Should I upgrade now or should I wait?

ssssssssssssssssss.PNG

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser Okay, just today the 2.4ghz is gone. Devices suddenly lost connection to 2.4ghz, but the 5ghz and ethernet is fine.

Update: Tried to wait if it will come back up again on its own, but didn't. I had to reboot the R2 and it came back. Should I upgrade now or should I wait?

ssssssssssssssssss.PNG

As it is back up, no sense in getting more downtime but if it happens again I would suggest doing so followed by a reset.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser Just today for a couple of minutes the wifi was lost and now that the internet is back I can't access Dumaos.

We've got a new firmware coming pretty soon that will have more WiFi improvements, I'm hoping that will help a lot. What happens when you try to access using the LAN IP?

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 8:28 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

We've got a new firmware coming pretty soon that will have more WiFi improvements, I'm hoping that will help a lot. What happens when you try to access using the LAN IP?

@Netduma Fraser Im sorry for the very late reply!  It hasn't happened for so long until today. Today it's taking too long. It's still not connected to the internet while our ISP's modem is connected.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser Im sorry for the very late reply!  It hasn't happened for so long until today. Today it's taking too long. It's still not connected to the internet while our ISP's modem is connected.

So it hasn't disconnected for almost a month? Has the R2 WAN IP/the one you entered on the ISP modem changed at all? It might be that it's trying to connect with a wrong IP.

On 12/9/2020 at 10:55 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

So it hasn't disconnected for almost a month? Has the R2 WAN IP/the one you entered on the ISP modem changed at all? It might be that it's trying to connect with a wrong IP.

It's back on. Sorry for the late reply. Should I update or not?

@Netduma Fraser Okay so I cannof see 2.4ghz anymore. All the ones that are connected to it cannot find thr ssid. But there's still 5ghz...

Is this following the upgrade or are you yet to do that? Just double check that it's still broadcasting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz in the Network settings

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Is this following the upgrade or are you yet to do that? Just double check that it's still broadcasting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz in the Network settings

I haven't done the upgrade yet. In the settings both 2.4 and 5ghz are enabled and broadcast ssid. I even turning off the 2.4ghz and back on, but no luck.

• Administrators

I haven't done the upgrade yet. In the settings both 2.4 and 5ghz are enabled and broadcast ssid. I even turning off the 2.4ghz and back on, but no luck.

Disable 2.4GHz, apply, reboot then enable, apply and reboot again, is it broadcasting then?