Netduma R2 rebooted suddenly

Squidid

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser Through wifi. I used to have 30-40 ping constant. I’m playing League of Legends Wild Rift. It’s a mobile game version of League of Legends. I can see the spikes in game. Currently I have 70-80 constant ping with the ISP’s with R2, I have 70-240 ping.

Okay so if you haven't already, disable Mirror Mode, give 2.4/5GHz different names, apply, then reboot from the interface. Make sure to connect to 2.4GHz for gaming. Make sure you utilize Connection Benchmark and have that influence your Congestion Control settings to help you find what brings Ping Under Load down the most.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so if you haven't already, disable Mirror Mode, give 2.4/5GHz different names, apply, then reboot from the interface. Make sure to connect to 2.4GHz for gaming. Make sure you utilize Connection Benchmark and have that influence your Congestion Control settings to help you find what brings Ping Under Load down the most.

@Netduma Fraser I’m not completely sure about this, but isn’t the 2.4ghz has a slower speed than 5ghz?

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

It can be, but it should also be more consistent for you. That's way more important for gaming than speed.

@Netduma Liam Oooh. I don’t know about that. After all this time I despise of 2.4ghz. lol. I will try 2.4ghz and let you guys know, but I can’t play today. 

21 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Haha, I should've added "in theory". Let us know how you get on.

@Netduma Liam omg! my ping’s only 30. From time to time it goes up to 60. It would’ve been better if it stays 30. lol. So.. with it going up to 60.. is there any way I can do to prevent that? If not it’s okay I guess. I’m happy with 30-60 ping as long as it doesn’t go up more than 60. 

39 minutes ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Liam omg! my ping’s only 30. From time to time it goes up to 60. It would’ve been better if it stays 30. lol. So.. with it going up to 60.. is there any way I can do to prevent that? If not it’s okay I guess. I’m happy with 30-60 ping as long as it doesn’t go up more than 60. 

OK that's great, we may be able to do something about the spikes. Where are you measuring these, in Geo-filter or in-game?

13 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK that's great, we may be able to do something about the spikes. Where are you measuring these, in Geo-filter or in-game?

@Netduma Liam In-game. I haven’t tried the geo filter yet. Also there’s no preset for League of legends Wild rift (LoL mobile version).

16 minutes ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Liam In-game. I haven’t tried the geo filter yet. Also there’s no preset for League of legends Wild rift (LoL mobile version).

Cool, do you have QoS configured to prioritise the mobile device you're playing on? Apologies if you've mentioned that already, this is a huge topic.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Cool, do you have QoS configured to prioritise the mobile device you're playing on? Apologies if you've mentioned that already, this is a huge topic.

Yes, the bandwidth allocation. The traffic prioritizion I haven’t yet.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Traffic Prio will do the most work, find out the ports for the game and put them in and it should help a lot

Only found the ones for other platforms. Should I just send them an email?

7979805D-61D5-48E3-8FB7-FD78369E04A5.png

9 hours ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser I got the port. They said they only use one for wild rift: 10001 How should I put it in the QoS?

Add a new rule to Traffic Prio and go to Advanced. Set the source ports to 1-65535 and the Dest ports to 10001-10001. You can either set the service to TCP/UDP if you don't know which it is, or set it accordingly.

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Add a new rule to Traffic Prio and go to Advanced. Set the source ports to 1-65535 and the Dest ports to 10001-10001. You can either set the service to TCP/UDP if you don't know which it is, or set it accordingly.

@Netduma Liam Yeah.. That dude didn't tell me if it's TCP or UDP. I emailed him again I hope he replies quick. Also which ones here should I toggle on (see attached image)?

which.PNG

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Liam Yeah.. That dude didn't tell me if it's TCP or UDP. I emailed him again I hope he replies quick. Also which ones here should I toggle on (see attached image)?

Choose Normal if using Ethernet then Gaming/Voice if using WiFi. Apply to WAN you can enable, it may increase performance or may not, depending on whether your ISP responds to priority tags

• 3 weeks later...

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Liam This is kind of urgent. There were reports in my community that there's a hacker trying to get in our wifi. I'm currently managing the network and there are 4 devices I cannot delete in the network map. What are those?

I'm thinking they might be security cams? I have 4. The other one is not yet connected since I changed the wifi password earlier. So currently there's 3 connected.

A8C362C1-F203-4864-80FA-9B78B3FA4DFB.jpeg

8 hours ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Liam This is kind of urgent. There were reports in my community that there's a hacker trying to get in our wifi. I'm currently managing the network and there are 4 devices I cannot delete in the network map. What are those?

I'm thinking they might be security cams? I have 4. The other one is not yet connected since I changed the wifi password earlier. So currently there's 3 connected.

The only scenario where you wouldn't be able to delete them would be if they're online, could you check what IP address they have and then check the security cameras to see if it's the same. As you've blocked them now, are the cameras still working? If not, then they're the security cameras and you can rename them accordingly.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Liam The security cameras still works when I open them, but as soon as I close the liveview they disconnect almost instantly which they don't do before. Okay, I'll try to find out their IP in their app.

Also worth checking the MAC addresses of the devices and using a MAC lookup online to find the manufacturer which could help narrowing them down. Make sure you change the WiFi and interface passwords, disable DMZ if it is enabled and ensure the protection options are enabled and remote support disabled and you'll be protected.