Netduma R2 rebooted suddenly

Squidid

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay interesting thank you and where did the new server appear and did another show after you blocked the new one?

No that was the last server that popped up. But it lasted like atleast 5 or 10 seconds then it showed the other servers I blocked.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Squidid said:

No that was the last server that popped up. But it lasted like atleast 5 or 10 seconds then it showed the other servers I blocked.

If you quit the game for 2 minutes, then try it again so all those are blocked from the start do you get another new server?

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you quit the game for 2 minutes, then try it again so all those are blocked from the start do you get another new server?

Yes and when I blocked it there's another one that popped up, but that one I cann't block because the old server that I blocked is blocking it (it's on top of it so I can't click it).

Update: I blocked it. I don't know how I clicked it. lol

Hi, 

All of those IDs belong to the West of the USA, which could be the reason for the latency:

Wildriftserver4new= ff36e6b1d39ebcc1 = 54.193.158.177 = ec2-54-193-158-177.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com

Wildriftserver3new= 7f12a873af1e8b90 = 18.144.30.115 = ec2-18-144-30-115.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com

serverwildrift1= 96365823d335d6db = 54.219.53.35 = ec2-54-219-53-0.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com

serverwildriftingame= d1345823d1703035 = 52.53.112.35 = ec2-52-53-112-35.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com

wildriftserver2new = 4a364a15d3e9b2b7 = 54.183.233.21 = ec2-54-183-233-21.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com

Cheers!

13 minutes ago, kgrm said:

Hi, 

All of those IDs belong to the West of the USA, which could be the reason for the latency:

Wildriftserver4new= ff36e6b1d39ebcc1 = 54.193.158.177 = ec2-54-193-158-177.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com

Wildriftserver3new= 7f12a873af1e8b90 = 18.144.30.115 = ec2-18-144-30-115.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com

serverwildrift1= 96365823d335d6db = 54.219.53.35 = ec2-54-219-53-0.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com

serverwildriftingame= d1345823d1703035 = 52.53.112.35 = ec2-52-53-112-35.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com

wildriftserver2new = 4a364a15d3e9b2b7 = 54.183.233.21 = ec2-54-183-233-21.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com

Cheers!

Can I do something to improve the latency?

2 minutes ago, Squidid said:

Can I do something to improve the latency?

Do you know if the game that you play has servers in the East of USA?

• Administrators

Yeah does look as though you're connecting to the west each time. Try this:

1. Quit the game completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter, 1000km around your area, strict mode on, Ping Assist 0
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

See if you get a game within the radius

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yeah does look as though you're connecting to the west each time. Try this:

1. Quit the game completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter, 1000km around your area, strict mode on, Ping Assist 0
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

See if you get a game within the radius

@Netduma Fraser Doing that right now.. Filtering mode on or disabled?

**Oh and btw the strict mode was on all the time.

Update: Tried to resync cloud and this error happened (screenshot attached): 

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 3.49.40 PM.png

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Filtering Mode on, when that message appears wait 1 minute and then refresh the page, it will have applied

Okay, should I delete all the 'Allow and Deny' list?

@Netduma Fraser Okay. I started a game. It succesfully found the match and we picked our characters (champions). After that it failed to go through the actual game. It says failed to connect. I tried to keep tapping on 'reconnect', but still won't go in the game. Up until now I can't go to the menu because the match is still ongoing and the error message that let's me know if I want to reconnect keeps popping up. The match has to end I think.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser Okay. I started a game. It succesfully found the match and we picked our characters (champions). After that it failed to go through the actual game. It says failed to connect. I tried to keep tapping on 'reconnect', but still won't go in the game. Up until now I can't go to the menu because the match is still ongoing and the error message that let's me know if I want to reconnect keeps popping up. The match has to end I think.

Okay so there must be something blocked on the map when you get that failed to connect message, allow that and you should get into the game - also where does this blocked server appear and what is the ID?

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so there must be something blocked on the map when you get that failed to connect message, allow that and you should get into the game - also where does this blocked server appear and what is the ID?

@Netduma Fraser It's on the west of US again. It's the same one I blocked earlier. The ID is 96365823d335d6db

**It's outside of the zone I created.

UPDATE: 2 new servers that was tried to block (in the west, outside of the zone I created): 7eb84813551d4348 and 240d34ffaac33338 ( I allowed it)

I still can't get in the game.

UPDATE#2: I got a penalty for "leaving" the game even though it was not really connecting.

• Administrators

Okay so it may not be possible to filter the game/lower the ping if it is forcing you onto these servers each time. It might be those are the only servers in the US that they have. I'll add it to our request list though and we can properly test it and see whether it can be filtered.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so it may not be possible to filter the game/lower the ping if it is forcing you onto these servers each time. It might be those are the only servers in the US that they have. I'll add it to our request list though and we can properly test it and see whether it can be filtered.

Thanks!

So I woke up this morning to find thr R2 disconnected. I just did a power cycle and it's back online again. I don't know why that happened.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Squidid said:

Thanks!

So I woke up this morning to find thr R2 disconnected. I just did a power cycle and it's back online again. I don't know why that happened.

Hopefully just.a power outage but keep an eye on it and let us know if it happens again

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
8 minutes ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser I just noticed that the R2 is slower than the ISP’s modem/router. Also, there are times that the 5ghz takes time to appear in the wifi search. 2.4ghz is always there. 

Slower as in interface, speeds via ethernet/WiFi? I think depending on the amount of networks in your area the device takes longer to scan for networks, happens to my devices for my VM and XR as well

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Slower as in interface, speeds via ethernet/WiFi? I think depending on the amount of networks in your area the device takes longer to scan for networks, happens to my devices for my VM and XR as well

@Netduma Fraser Slow speeds. When playing games there are lag spikes.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is that through WiFi or ethernet? What speeds are you expecting and what are you getting? What are you playing on and how is it connected, where are you checking the spikes in game or on the Geo?

@Netduma Fraser Through wifi. I used to have 30-40 ping constant. I’m playing League of Legends Wild Rift. It’s a mobile game version of League of Legends. I can see the spikes in game. Currently I have 70-80 constant ping with the ISP’s with R2, I have 70-240 ping.