DumaOS Mobile App Alpha - Now Available!

Netduma Alex

Hi ,

Have had no luck what so ever with logging in to the DumaOS App on iphone 8 IOS 14.1 , with error message "Could not reach server". 

Desk top version of DumaOS shows my phone is connected to the modem via WiFi 5Ghz. However, when I hit login, it is not generating any "network" traffic what so ever. 

I have confirmed that my phone is indeed connected by observing the network traffic when doing other things.

I have logged out of the desk top DumaOs thinking that you can't  have simultaneous logins.

I have deleted and re-installed the app.

I have the Gen 2 Arcadyan version (LH1000) 

Cheers

Salty 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, kgrm said:

I just bought R2 and I'm wondering if I will able to reach the router through the app using the internet of my phone, maybe when I'm at the office or traveling?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Good question, at the moment the app is still in alpha so currently you can only access it by being directly connected to the router wifi but we'll likely implement that in future.

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators
26 minutes ago, Comp0za_ said:

I can't find it on google store, has it been removed?

Unfortunately we have had an issue with Google causing our app to be temporarily removed from the play store. We are doing everything we can to get it back up asap and we will let you know when it's back up. The issue was caused by a policy violation in a closed track release. We assumed it would only effect the closed track release, not the public release. Sorry for any issues caused.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 1:10 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Unfortunately we have had an issue with Google causing our app to be temporarily removed from the play store. We are doing everything we can to get it back up asap and we will let you know when it's back up. The issue was caused by a policy violation in a closed track release. We assumed it would only effect the closed track release, not the public release. Sorry for any issues caused.

Could you upload the apk to use it, a stable version? or do I have to wait until it is in google play store?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Carlo said:

Could you upload the apk to use it, a stable version? or do I have to wait until it is in google play store?

You'll need to wait until it is back in the app store, I don't think we'll be providing the APK.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrators
29 minutes ago, Matt_breizh said:

hi

actually it s impossible for me to log in the app

that said authentification error each time

any ideas?

regards

You have to be connected to the router WiFi and the router has to be running DumaOS 3.0, if you're not on the latest firmware that will be why. Otherwise it's the same username/password you login to the interface with - specifically choose the router type don't leave it on automatic then try

• 3 weeks later...

The app seems to be working on my new Google Pixel 6. The only thing is that when I click network monitor it crashes but I did see that network monitor is still showing in "More Features", so maybe you are working on this section still. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, goblin said:

The app seems to be working on my new Google Pixel 6. The only thing is that when I click network monitor it crashes but I did see that network monitor is still showing in "More Features", so maybe you are working on this section still. 

It appears to be working on iOS, does it give you the option to provide a log? If you could get a log and provide that then it would be really helpful. What is your Android version as well? I know the Pixel phones get the latest Android updates first so that might be why it's happening as we won't necessarily have been able to test it.

It does popup a crash report. I'll try to attach that this afternoon when I get off work. I forgot to mention that I'm running a Netgear XR1000 which I'm not happy with so far. I wish they would come out with the next firmware update. Android version 12.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, goblin said:

It does popup a crash report. I'll try to attach that this afternoon when I get off work. I forgot to mention that I'm running a Netgear XR1000 which I'm not happy with so far. I wish they would come out with the next firmware update. Android version 12.

Okay great thanks! Make a new post about your issues on the XR and we'll do our best to help.

hi,

the app work now

but geofilter and Qos features make the app crash...

and it wil be wonderful if in the next update, we will be able to switch on/off the hybrid vpn. i have to connect my pc each time for that and it s painful.

thx by advance

regards

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Matt_breizh said:

hi,

the app work now

but geofilter and Qos features make the app crash...

and it wil be wonderful if in the next update, we will be able to switch on/off the hybrid vpn. i have to connect my pc each time for that and it s painful.

thx by advance

regards

Are you prompted to get the logs? If so that would be helpful to pass onto us. Is it a specific setting that seems to cause it? 

Thanks for the suggestion, will pass it on!

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Matt_breizh said:

i dont if it specific or not

just each time i press on it that close the app and i have a crash report when i restart it

how do i do to send u the logs?

what about my suggestion regarding hybrid vpn?

thx

Save the file then upload it to the post here please.

It's a good suggestion, I'll pass it onto the team!