Netduma R2 Connect to FIOS Gateway Router

Vongukid

Hello, need help setting up!  Just got my Netduma R2. Connected to Fios Gateway router.  Have interenet and wifi through R2 but not able to ping R2 192.168.77.1

Also, cannot find link to download DumaOS 3.0 for R2.

Reset routers, reset button on R2, no help.

Does black cable provided connect to internet on R2?  Does other end connect to FIOS Gateway router WAN (white) or LAN (yellow)?

I'm lost and need help. Thanks.

In response to;

"Also, cannot find link to download DumaOS 3.0 for R2."

Your R2 should have come preloaded with at least version Netduma R2 (v.3.0.123), the current release version (mine did around 3 weeks ago).

There is a v.3.0.129 interim hotfix floating around the threads, but that fixes specific issues, but there is a newer release planned by NetDuma in a short while, but how short I do not know :)

14 hours ago, Vongukid said:

Hello, need help setting up!  Just got my Netduma R2. Connected to Fios Gateway router.  Have interenet and wifi through R2 but not able to ping R2 192.168.77.1

Hi Voungukid, welcome to the forum.

So if I'm reading this correctly, you DO have internet access when connected to your R2, but the DumaOS interface is inaccessible?

I can't think why, but it's possible that the subnet of the router has changed. Could you tell me what your local IP address is on your PC/Phone?

To find this on a PC, open a Command Prompt and type 'ipconfig'

Also, cannot find link to download DumaOS 3.0 for R2.

DumaOS 3.0 comes preinstalled on the R2, so if we can get you into the interface, you'll be using DumaOS 3.0.

Does black cable provided connect to internet on R2?  Does other end connect to FIOS Gateway router WAN (white) or LAN (yellow)?

Connect a LAN port on your gateway router to the Blue WAN port on your R2.

57 minutes ago, Vongukid said:

Hello Alex, thank you for helping.  Connection is correct, gateway LAN to R2 WAN, and I am connected to internet but cannot connect to interface.  Help!

IPv4 192.168.1.222

Either the R2's IP address has been changed to 192.168.1.1, or the R2 isn't assigning IPs and is instead deferring to your upstream router.

What happens when you go to 192.168.1.1 in a browser?

That worked!!!  Are there any other settings required on computer or FIOS Gateway router?

I'm playing around with DumaOS now.

I'm using R2 for Warzone and have my main computer connected to R2.  All other connections go to FIOS Gateway router.  Is this the right configuration?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Vongukid said:

That worked!!!  Are there any other settings required on computer or FIOS Gateway router?

I'm playing around with DumaOS now.

I'm using R2 for Warzone and have my main computer connected to R2.  All other connections go to FIOS Gateway router.  Is this the right configuration?

It would be better to have ALL devices connected to the R2 so that the QoS can control and optimize your entire network. Would then suggest putting the WAN IP of the R2 (found in System Information) into the DMZ of the gateway and disabling the gateway WiFi.

• 1 month later...

Howdy,

Having same issue. Fios Router works perfectly fine with EXACT physical setup. Removing Fios router and replacing with R2 = "connected, no internet." It was all literally just installed today. And I was preoccupied and didn't tell the installer I'd be using my own router so now I'm frustrated. I've had the R2, waiting to unbox/connect for what feels like a month already. Please help. R2 is connected directly to Verizon Fios Modem. The INTERNET led on the R2 is steadily lit. Did I mention this is frustrating? 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, RedBearNAaron said:

Howdy,

Having same issue. Fios Router works perfectly fine with EXACT physical setup. Removing Fios router and replacing with R2 = "connected, no internet." It was all literally just installed today. And I was preoccupied and didn't tell the installer I'd be using my own router so now I'm frustrated. I've had the R2, waiting to unbox/connect for what feels like a month already. Please help. R2 is connected directly to Verizon Fios Modem. The INTERNET led on the R2 is steadily lit. Did I mention this is frustrating? 

Do you know if you require PPPoE or anything in order to get a connection? Check the gateway WAN/Internet settings and see if there is anything you need to input in the R2 to establish a connection.

We’ll see, that’s the thing Fraser, ....77.1 / .1.1 doesn’t open any pages. ...or at least it wouldn’t last night. I have gotten to the DumaOS now. But... I feel like data is still moving incredibly slow for fios. Dashboard is still loading as of my typing this. I have a welcome message and a “This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.” So I’m thinking I’m not out of the woods just yet. I’ll check around for those PPPoE, Wan / Internet settings and report back. 

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, RedBearNAaron said:

We’ll see, that’s the thing Fraser, ....77.1 / .1.1 doesn’t open any pages. ...or at least it wouldn’t last night. I have gotten to the DumaOS now. But... I feel like data is still moving incredibly slow for fios. Dashboard is still loading as of my typing this. I have a welcome message and a “This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.” So I’m thinking I’m not out of the woods just yet. I’ll check around for those PPPoE, Wan / Internet settings and report back. 

Okay keep us posted, give the R2 a reboot and it should be snappier without that message.

On 10/17/2020 at 3:09 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you know if you require PPPoE or anything in order to get a connection? Check the gateway WAN/Internet settings and see if there is anything you need to input in the R2 to establish a connection.

Hi my ISP has provided me with gateway router Huawei EchoLife HG8245W5. My internet type is FIBER OPTIC. What is the best way to connect Netduma R2 with gateway (Huawei router):

1) ISP gateway (Huawei) LAN port connection with Netduma R2 WAN port cable connection?

2) Bridge mode (PPPoE) settings in Netduma R2?

Keeping in mind that i am using Netduma R2 to control bandwidth within my network and avoid BUFFER BLOT. If i use option 1 will my QOS function work perfectly? Just a side note i get internet on Netduma R2 with option 1.  

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Elite Gaming Arena said:

Hi my ISP has provided me with gateway router Huawei EchoLife HG8245W5. My internet type is FIBER OPTIC. What is the best way to connect Netduma R2 with gateway (Huawei router):

1) ISP gateway (Huawei) LAN port connection with Netduma R2 WAN port cable connection?

2) Bridge mode (PPPoE) settings in Netduma R2?

Keeping in mind that i am using Netduma R2 to control bandwidth within my network and avoid BUFFER BLOT. If i use option 1 will my QOS function work perfectly? Just a side note i get internet on Netduma R2 with option 1.  

Either option will work, for the first option you would need to put the R2 WAN IP in the DMZ of the Huawei to avoid double NAT. Either way QoS will work very well as long as you connect all devices to the R2.