BlackstormTX

• Administrators

We're working really hard with some users regarding WiFi to try and improve this as much as possible so we'll probably hold off until we can get that to people. It is being tested at the moment. I have a few firmware versions I can provide if there is a specific issue you're having.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, BlackstormTX said:

I JUST NEED A FIX FOR AUTO-SETUP IN QOS .

THIS SHOULD HELP: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

The feature is only a suggestion, you can still manually change the percentages and with connection benchmark find the percentage that works best for you.

On 8/27/2020 at 11:49 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

THIS SHOULD HELP: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vklzjkftpdcd01t/DumaOS-R2-RC5-Production-3.0.129-100820.sig?dl=0

To update: Download the file above, open DumaOS, click the three dots in the top right corner, choose update, upload the file you just downloaded, and wait a few minutes while the R2 restarts.

The feature is only a suggestion, you can still manually change the percentages and with connection benchmark find the percentage that works best for you.

This fw suggested me to use 100/100 which i find it make no sense

anyway, i will be waiting for the new firmware. I hope it fixes pppoe as well (speed cannot be throttled)

• Administrators

We're continuing to improve on it, as everyones connection is different we may just allow people to choose how aggressive it is. You have that PPPoE issue also? If you set your bandwidth slightly higher than what you actually get and try to throttle does it work?

On 8/27/2020 at 11:40 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

We're working really hard with some users regarding WiFi to try and improve this as much as possible so we'll probably hold off until we can get that to people. It is being tested at the moment. I have a few firmware versions I can provide if there is a specific issue you're having.

hi Fraser would the firmware help with the problem using special characters in passwords?

Thanks 

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We're continuing to improve on it, as everyones connection is different we may just allow people to choose how aggressive it is. You have that PPPoE issue also? If you set your bandwidth slightly higher than what you actually get and try to throttle does it work?

Yes, for now in short summary, I have 2 issues

1. Auto Setting QOS suggested me to use 100/100% in CC slider. In default FW, 100/47

2. PPPoE setting will give me no CC slider control. no matter how low or even 1%/1%, Speed test result will always be at full speed. But if I use dmz from my main router, it worked (Only for Stock FW that came with the router, havent tried with this uploaded dropbox FW yet. Should I try it?)

Edit: I havent tried PPPoE setting with the dropbox firmware. 

• Administrators
  1. We'll definitely improve on that so for now manually change the percentages.
  2. Thank you very much, I'll update the team with this information. Do you mean by having the upstream router handle PPPoE it works? That's what I would suggest for now that you do.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:
  1. We'll definitely improve on that so for now manually change the percentages.
  2. Thank you very much, I'll update the team with this information. Do you mean by having the upstream router handle PPPoE it works? That's what I would suggest for now that you do.

Yes, I have Asus RT-AC88u doing PPPOE with qos off! and give dmz ip to my netduma r2. I would prefer doing PPPOE on my r2 only so that I don't have extra hop. 

On 8/27/2020 at 5:49 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

THIS SHOULD HELP: 

Hi Fraser,

I installed this update also. However, the router always now advises for me to set my upload to 1% and download to 1%.

That can't be right? My download is only 33 and upload is 5 so having a 1% upload will make me lag so much in game.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, thisisreallife said:

Hi Fraser,

I installed this update also. However, the router always now advises for me to set my upload to 1% and download to 1%.

That can't be right? My download is only 33 and upload is 5 so having a 1% upload will make me lag so much in game.

We will be fine tuning this more in future updates so ignore it for now and manually change your percentages.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

We will be fine tuning this more in future updates so ignore it for now and manually change your percentages.

Thank you. How do I go back to the original firmware that was released on Netduma R2?

Also on this version (3.0.129), when I do a Auto Setup on Congestion Control, it turns every device off whilst it does the auto setup.

However, i received advice from yourself previously that when I do Auto Setup on CC is to keep all devices running (ps4 on, Netflix running, phone connected to WiFi etc) and then run the CC set up, so it works whilst everything is 'on and running' 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, thisisreallife said:

Thank you. How do I go back to the original firmware that was released on Netduma R2?

Also on this version (3.0.129), when I do a Auto Setup on Congestion Control, it turns every device off whilst it does the auto setup.

However, i received advice from yourself previously that when I do Auto Setup on CC is to keep all devices running (ps4 on, Netflix running, phone connected to WiFi etc) and then run the CC set up, so it works whilst everything is 'on and running' 

As above for downgrading. The test disconnects everything from the internet so it's a pure test of your line, I don't recall giving you that advice as it is wrong - sorry if I gave you incorrect advice, I may have been misinformed at the time.

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2020 at 3:12 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes we have already fixed that and will be in the firmware version I mentioned.

I just updated my R2 with 3.0.129 and it did not fixed the use of specials characters so back to the old router it is. Sorry it took this long but I am a first responder in the US and as you know these are crazy times here. Hopefully it will be fixed soon; I do not want to go and have to change my passwords to all the peripherals that I have not to mention my mesh one too. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, roberb said:

I just updated my R2 with 3.0.129 and it did not fixed the use of specials characters so back to the old router it is. Sorry it took this long but I am a first responder in the US and as you know these are crazy times here. Hopefully it will be fixed soon; I do not want to go and have to change my passwords to all the peripherals that I have not to mention my mesh one too. 

I have sent you a PM, when you can do that and it should be fixed.