Netgear answer about DumaOS 3.0

• Administrators

That's what I suspected, they're waiting for the next build to go out before inviting more people. It makes sense as we are aware of the issues on the current build. Next build will be arriving very soon so I suspect a lot more people will start seeing invites.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, AI_EXREYFOX said:

Very soon from Netduma is to long..
If netduma patch some bugs on the past firmware from duma os 2.0,, will make alot of people happy

Should be within the next few days. It would take much longer to do it the way you suggested.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's what I suspected, they're waiting for the next build to go out before inviting more people. It makes sense as we are aware of the issues on the current build. Next build will be arriving very soon so I suspect a lot more people will start seeing invites.

As I understand they are waiting for the official release of the DumaOS 3.0 from you and no another one beta version...

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

very soon, next week?

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

As I understand they are waiting for the official release of the DumaOS 3.0 from you and no another one beta version...

The build currently on the XR500 is not as up to date as the R2 so with this latest build it will be more up to date and so we'll need further feedback so just waiting for that build I assume.

37 minutes ago, scrubosaurus said:

very soon, next week?

It was planned for today so if not then yes next week.

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The build currently on the XR500 is not as up to date as the R2 so with this latest build it will be more up to date and so we'll need further feedback so just waiting for that build I assume.

Hi, any word on the beta release for today??

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, digz_au said:

Hi, any word on the beta release for today??

We've received the build from Netgear now so will need to do a bit of testing and then should be available early next week. I'll detail a bit of the process so you can understand why it takes awhile:

- We get issues reported to us
- We have to debug these issues and work on fixing them
- We'll choose a point where we have enough fixes for a good version
- We'll test these on our side
- Once we're happy we send our changes to Netgear
- They will build a firmware that comprises our changes and any changes they have made
- A firmware is produced and then tested by both parties
- Once we're happy we can release it

So we're in that step just before release.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We've received the build from Netgear now so will need to do a bit of testing and then should be available early next week. I'll detail a bit of the process so you can understand why it takes awhile:

- We get issues reported to us
- We have to debug these issues and work on fixing them
- We'll choose a point where we have enough fixes for a good version
- We'll test these on our side
- Once we're happy we send our changes to Netgear
- They will build a firmware that comprises our changes and any changes they have made
- A firmware is produced and then tested by both parties
- Once we're happy we can release it

So we're in that step just before release.

ty for the info bro...cant wait for it!

On 8/14/2020 at 2:58 PM, Netduma Fraser said:
On 8/14/2020 at 1:42 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

any news?