XR 500 and Warzone

Aziz

Hi everyone, I hope you guys are doing well. I am new here so I apologize if it’s not the right way to post about the issue I face. So basically I cannot find a game with the Geo-Filter on at all. It worked one time and I was finding games with good ping for that night but after that it never worked, I used the same settings and it really didn’t help. I don’t know what to do. I would really appreciate some help, thank you

I really don’t know how to describe it more, it takes forever and it doesn’t get to a server. There is a dedicated server in my radius and I never join it in Warzone. On the other hand, multiplayer is working very well with me. 

I rebooted the router and it didn’t work as well. It starts at x>58 then jumps to x>150 ms and I can see the dedicated server (located in Bahrain Middle East) but it never connect to it. 

It’s possible that the Bahrain server is an authentication server and there isn’t any game servers inside your radius. Posting a screenshot of your geofilter will help us diagnose the issue better.

This is the same thing that happens to me with the servers in Spain. To play multiplayer there is no problem to find a game, however in warzone it does not find a game, on very few occasions I have managed to connect to it. I don't think it's just a thing of the XR500 since I don't use it.

I already talked about this with other members of the Duma army and we came to the conclusion that surely in Spain or in his case now Bahrain, they do not host games for Warzone and if they do, it does when the other servers have too much load.

I contacted activision but from support he told me that they could not help me with that, that they would report it to the studio to see if they solved it and they gave me some x2 Xp tokens for the inconvenience, we said that in a few words he told me that take a ride XD
You know if you are not youtuber they give you for the ..... but well I keep writing to them every week giving them a little noise, both support and  social networks

36 minutes ago, pollutionblues said:

Can you post a screenshot of your entire geofilter page please?

Pic 1 : when I first launch the game and try to connect to the servers 

pic 2 : I am searching for Warzone game (x>58ms) 

pic 3: still searching but x>150ms

pic 4 : the settings I use.

02C2838B-A497-4723-9DC4-57A91FE8B3DB.png

F438B7CB-80F6-4E91-884D-BC1674D2279F.png

D596603E-AB8A-4BA5-8CCC-16ADD3C1C54B.png

33A455D9-DABC-4B89-A764-3CAB6CEA6231.png

10 minutes ago, titofuenla said:

This is the same thing that happens to me with the servers in Spain. To play multiplayer there is no problem to find a game, however in warzone it does not find a game, on very few occasions I have managed to connect to it. I don't think it's just a thing of the XR500 since I don't use it.

I already talked about this with other members of the Duma army and we came to the conclusion that surely in Spain or in his case now Bahrain, they do not host games for Warzone and if they do, it does when the other servers have too much load.

I contacted activision but from support he told me that they could not help me with that, that they would report it to the studio to see if they solved it and they gave me some x2 Xp tokens for the inconvenience, we said that in a few words he told me that take a ride XD
You know if you are not youtuber they give you for the ..... but well I keep writing to them every week giving them a little noise, both support and  social networks

Oh man it’s really annoying, I really like Warzone and playing with 140 ping isn’t fair at all especially in Warzone since the health is increased. Thank you for sharing your experience, please give us an update if you managed to overcome that issue. Thank you 🙏🏽 

The server inside your radius

2 minutes ago, Aziz said:

Pic 1 : when I first launch the game and try to connect to the servers 

pic 2 : I am searching for Warzone game (x>58ms) 

pic 3: still searching but x>150ms

pic 4 : the settings I use.

02C2838B-A497-4723-9DC4-57A91FE8B3DB.png

F438B7CB-80F6-4E91-884D-BC1674D2279F.png

D596603E-AB8A-4BA5-8CCC-16ADD3C1C54B.png

33A455D9-DABC-4B89-A764-3CAB6CEA6231.png

The server inside your radius looks like it is an authentication server. It would seem that there are no Warzone servers close to you I’m afraid.

If you disable the geofilter where do you connect to?

13 minutes ago, Aziz said:

Oh man it’s really annoying, I really like Warzone and playing with 140 ping isn’t fair at all especially in Warzone since the health is increased. Thank you for sharing your experience, please give us an update if you managed to overcome that issue. Thank you 🙏🏽 

If it is something really annoying, in my case I can assure you that when I have managed to use the server from Spain for Warzone it is wonderful, it is totally a different game for me than when I do it with servers from France, Belgium or the United Kingdom that is the all other times. The bullets go in wonderfully and it gives you time to cover yourself 90% of the time without taking much damage, but as I said I rarely find games and if I do I can wait for like 10 minutes in the pre-room.
Try to force it when there is more activity, such as today, Saturday night. My way of doing it is to close the geofilter so that only the server is inside and I put ping assit with the ping that the server also shows me, I start the game with geofilter activated so that it only loads said server and I do a search, if you did it right, In the search of the game, the ping range of the search should not change at any time, leave it there until luckily you miss a game. As I said, it is usually difficult to find a game, sometimes it takes little, but very rarely.

Greetings and I hope it helps you

7 minutes ago, pollutionblues said:

The server inside your radius

The server inside your radius looks like it is an authentication server. It would seem that there are no Warzone servers close to you I’m afraid.

If you disable the geofilter where do you connect to?

So this is when I set the geo at spectating mode (picture) , I connect somewhere in Europe (150ms in game). Also I have a question, what did you mean by “authentication server” and how did you know that there is no Warzone servers near me, is there a symbol for Warzone servers ? 

Also so why I sometimes (that night I mentioned at the beginning) I get good games and ping is less than 80 but it never happened again ? 

Sorry I am not that familiar with the subject 

A01B8249-C690-450F-8C06-41237110E0A1.png

7 minutes ago, titofuenla said:

If it is something really annoying, in my case I can assure you that when I have managed to use the server from Spain for Warzone it is wonderful, it is totally a different game for me than when I do it with servers from France, Belgium or the United Kingdom that is the all other times. The bullets go in wonderfully and it gives you time to cover yourself 90% of the time without taking much damage, but as I said I rarely find games and if I do I can wait for like 10 minutes in the pre-room.
Try to force it when there is more activity, such as today, Saturday night. My way of doing it is to close the geofilter so that only the server is inside and I put ping assit with the ping that the server also shows me, I start the game with geofilter activated so that it only loads said server and I do a search, if you did it right, In the search of the game, the ping range of the search should not change at any time, leave it there until luckily you miss a game. As I said, it is usually difficult to find a game, sometimes it takes little, but very rarely.

Greetings and I hope it helps you

I totally agree with you, high ping is a huge disadvantage. Thank you for the help, I will try what you suggested and I will give a feedback about what happens with me. Thank you so much.

• Administrators

Try using Ping Assist as well, if there are any servers close to you under your limit then it should allow a connection. Due to your connection though there may not be a close server to connect to.

4 hours ago, titofuenla said:

I’m 100% certain that there is only warzone servers in Russia, when using netduma geo filter on spectating mode I always connect to that server, I am from U.K., I have tried using geo filter only over Europe and and even the individual countries of Europe and never get a lobby. Only in Russia.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try using Ping Assist as well, if there are any servers close to you under your limit then it should allow a connection. Due to your connection though there may not be a close server to connect to.

I did try Ping Assist with different values and it never works for me.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What ping values are you using? I'm not sure if you'll be able to get one that is really low due to the location unfortunately.

I am using 50 rn but I have use higher values too and nothing really works. It’s more like a radius thing than a Ping Assist value as I am nothing but idk 😐. Sorry for the late reply.

• Administrators

Have you signed up for DumaOS 3.0? If not do so here: http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html

There is a feature there that will help you see where the lowest ping servers to you are - even if they're mislocated on the map, that will then allow you to put the Geo-Filter around where that server is.

On 7/26/2020 at 3:41 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you signed up for DumaOS 3.0? If not do so here: http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html

There is a feature there that will help you see where the lowest ping servers to you are - even if they're mislocated on the map, that will then allow you to put the Geo-Filter around where that server is.

I will sign up now! Thank you man I appreciate the help from all of you guys. 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Aziz said:

I will sign up now! Thank you man I appreciate the help from all of you guys. 

What is your Netgear username? We'll try and get you boosted up the list so you can hopefully get an invite sooner.

is he on xbox by any chance? i noticed with my r1 i had to stop using it because of this also, after the pushed those updates that stopped party chat to work it started taking for ever to find a game to where it wouldn't find a game at all with the geo filter on or off would not make a difference