XR 500 and Warzone

Aziz

On 7/25/2020 at 4:53 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

What ping values are you using? I'm not sure if you'll be able to get one that is really low due to the location unfortunately.

i thinks thats my same issue i live in Puerto Rico and the closest server its shows is FL and starts searching games at 58 ms but it quick jumps to 75 ms for a match, before the xr300 (last week) it was starting at 42 ms and i will get matches at 58 ms which is not that bad tho

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, designerema said:

i thinks thats my same issue i live in Puerto Rico and the closest server its shows is FL and starts searching games at 58 ms but it quick jumps to 75 ms for a match, before the xr300 (last week) it was starting at 42 ms and i will get matches at 58 ms which is not that bad tho

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That's actually quite good given your location. It could be a variety of reasons why the ping has changed, server load, congestion on your side etc. Do you double check what the ping in game is and on the Geo?

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That's actually quite good given your location. It could be a variety of reasons why the ping has changed, server load, congestion on your side etc. Do you double check what the ping in game is and on the Geo?

yea i see the ping is very accurate plus i was getting bufferbloat and the qos help a lo im currently using 85/85 on the slideds and i get A or A+ on dslreports but im still experiencing some randome lag spikes on somes games in CoD mw but im guessing is my ISPl. i ping google on my network utility app on my macbook a i get 45 ms avg a i see tha somestimes jumps to 150-220 ms or gives me 2% packet loss. my connection is PPPoE btw

1 minute ago, designerema said:

yea i see the ping is very accurate plus i was getting bufferbloat and the qos help a lo im currently using 85/85 on the slideds and i get A or A+ on dslreports but im still experiencing some randome lag spikes on somes games in CoD mw but im guessing is my ISPl. i ping google on my network utility app on my macbook a i get 45 ms avg a i see tha somestimes jumps to 150-220 ms or gives me 2% packet loss. my connection is PPPoE btw

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 8.57.57 AM.png

Hi again guys, so here with another update:

before I start, I am not an expert in these things so if I was mistaken in any way, please feel free to correct me. 

so basically I tried my friend’s ISP SIM card which was from STC ( ISP company in Kuwait) and I noticed the following: 

1-  From the first picture we can see all the servers when I try to connect to the modern warfare servers, inside the circle there is one peer and one dedicated server if I am not mistaken by the naming and I think that peer is actually the server located in Saudi Arabia the opened a few months ago after the conurbation between STC and Activision 

So when I search for a Warzone game it tries to connect to the peer and after 1-2 minutes it finds a game and connects to the server located in Bahrain. It looks like that the peer in Saudi Arabia is helping in finding the games. 

Then I tried to see if this is actually the case by trying to join games and then quitting and actually it did the same thing, peer then the server in Bahrain but every time the ID of that server is different ( in 7 games it uses 4 different IDs but in the same location in Bahrain, same server) and I allowed all of these servers to see if it will help when I try my ISP SIM card which is from Zain Kuwait. 

2- Now I try my ISP SIM card from Zain Kuwait and here is what happens: 

it immediately tries to connect to the server in Bahrain without going through the peer and that BH server is always with the same ID and it keep searching without finding any games. (PIC 2)  

even with the servers from using an STC SIM card allowed, still doesn’t find a game. 

So so what I did next is to force it to connect to that peer in Saudi Arabia (PIC 3) and it didn’t work because I am blocking the server in BH. Also, even if I allow the server when connecting to MW servers, it still doesn’t find games.

3-  I tried to ping the peer in Saudi Arabia and it takes for ever (PIC 4). Also, I tried to ping that peer in the ocean left to Africa and it also takes for ever so I assume that the two peers are actually the same one, not sure tho. 

Questions: 

1- is there a way to force it to do the same procedure, to connect to the peer then to the server ? 

2- why does it take a lot of time to ping that peer and it never shows the result ? 

3- what else I can try other than getting a new ISP ? 

Thank you in advance. 

A045F006-B029-4424-81E2-E966B0DCFD00.png

3A119D3A-23FD-45CC-8593-923B5E7F2D4B.png

C051B95D-FF34-4091-AEB0-F92AC144C9B6.png

E830A69E-F592-4003-B97F-14C928454244.jpeg

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Aziz said:

Questions: 

1- is there a way to force it to do the same procedure, to connect to the peer then to the server ? 

2- why does it take a lot of time to ping that peer and it never shows the result ? 

3- what else I can try other than getting a new ISP ? 

Thank you in advance. 

That's really odd, were you using the same game account for both sims? 1) Not that I am aware of no, once you search it will either connect to a server or peer, that's up to the game, as long as your radius allows it in then it will connect. 2) Not all IPs are pingable so that's likely why, they've blocked ping. 3) It could be your ISP routing, that would make sense given the scenario you have done. You could try using a VPN perhaps that has better routing.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's really odd, were you using the same game account for both sims? 1) Not that I am aware of no, once you search it will either connect to a server or peer, that's up to the game, as long as your radius allows it in then it will connect. 2) Not all IPs are pingable so that's likely why, they've blocked ping. 3) It could be your ISP routing, that would make sense given the scenario you have done. You could try using a VPN perhaps that has better routing.

Yes I was using the same account. Thank you for the answers and I will give VPN a try hopefully that helps. 

On 8/16/2020 at 4:09 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Update: so I tried VPN and it didn’t work as well. I guess there is no solution for this. Thank you all for the effort to help me. I think the topic is closed for now. Thank you 🙏🏽

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, it’s me again..

So I kind of gave up on the server here in Middle East because it never works for me and many other people here, therefore I decided to let it connect to the Europe servers and I wanted to know which are the settings that I need to get the best connection (lowest ping) on the mentioned servers:

1- where to put the circle and what radius? 

2- what value for ping assist if needed ?

3- do I need to mess with the QoS settings? 

Thank you for the help in advance 🤗 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Aziz said:

Hi guys, it’s me again..

So I kind of gave up on the server here in Middle East because it never works for me and many other people here, therefore I decided to let it connect to the Europe servers and I wanted to know which are the settings that I need to get the best connection (lowest ping) on the mentioned servers:

1- where to put the circle and what radius? 

2- what value for ping assist if needed ?

3- do I need to mess with the QoS settings? 

Thank you for the help in advance 🤗 

1 - Would suggest the closest part of Europe to you - Italy perhaps.

2 - Probably not going to get above 70ms so try that.

3 - Would always suggest using QoS to keep the connection as optimal as possible! Anti-BB - Always - 70/70% to start with and adjust if needed.