XR 500 and Warzone

Aziz

Hi, How long will we have to wait for the beta of the xr500, I am waiting from day one, i do all the steps and still do not receive anything, I was going to buy the r2 but seeing your service class I will wait to see dumaos 3.0, I would like to test the beta in the  xr500.  Is there a way that you can send me the link to my email?  I would appreciate it... @Netduma Fraser

Netgear is in control of their beta, not Netduma. So pointless asking here.

You need to be signed up on their forums as well. Would not surprise me if they only pick their active users.

I am waiting from day 1 and also don't have it for XR500.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Klaox said:

Hi, How long will we have to wait for the beta of the xr500, I am waiting from day one, i do all the steps and still do not receive anything, I was going to buy the r2 but seeing your service class I will wait to see dumaos 3.0, I would like to test the beta in the  xr500.  Is there a way that you can send me the link to my email?  I would appreciate it... @Netduma Fraser

I can't send you the firmware unfortunately for the reasons above (minus the active users comment) but I'll try to get you boosted up the list so hopefully you'll receive it soon.

So I tried something, I increased the radius so it includes India as well since there is a server there and I should get 100-120 ms if I connect to it but it still searching and searching without any results! I was using chrome as well. 

D5A7BD2C-1E5A-4CC7-A9A2-F509EA395A31.jpeg

A368FA84-D433-46E1-B870-EC636D725A1A.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Aziz said:

So I tried something, I increased the radius so it includes India as well since there is a server there and I should get 100-120 ms if I connect to it but it still searching and searching without any results! I was using chrome as well. 

D5A7BD2C-1E5A-4CC7-A9A2-F509EA395A31.jpeg

A368FA84-D433-46E1-B870-EC636D725A1A.jpeg

Hi Aziz,

I can confirm there are no server for COD in India cos I'm from India...The nearest server for India is Singapore which basically used to give me 42ms ping but that got screwed cos of bad routing from my ISP and it increased the ping to 230ms for me while my friends get same 42ms.. I wish NetDuma had an option to connect to different nodes so that we don't have to rely of applications like ExitLag, Wtfast etc...Besides all these issues now my geo filter is not at all working even if I put it in Filtering mode. @Netduma Fraser  is there any solution where my geo-filter stopped working for me?

• Administrators

We can only provide the tool to try and force the server but if it's not allowing you to then that's down to the game and could be for a number of reasons and is hard to say. Regarding helping with routing I have suggested to the team about implementing something like exitlag etc as an Rapp through the Rapp store so we'll take a look and see if it does provide benefits.

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We can only provide the tool to try and force the server but if it's not allowing you to then that's down to the game and could be for a number of reasons and is hard to say. Regarding helping with routing I have suggested to the team about implementing something like exitlag etc as an Rapp through the Rapp store so we'll take a look and see if it does provide benefits.

I bet implementing such feature through Rapp store would bring more customers to buy NetDuma routers as many players around the world face this issue due to bad routing by ISPs. Regarding Geo-filtering it's sad there isn't much you can do since I believe it is the top selling point of Duma OS....In fact Geo-filtering is the only reason why I bought this router and rest all features are available via competitors as well.

• Administrators

Yeah that's what I conveyed, we just need to look into it as it would be a big undertaking and would need to contact them to see if they would even be interested. The Geo-Filter is doing it's job because that is all it has allowed, it could be they have a ping limit and it's too high for that server. That server might be mislocated and so using Ping Assist to find what is the lowest will help you know where to try and force. Ping Heatmap will be much more helpful for this kind of scenario.

Update: So at the day time I wasn’t getting into any games at all but at night I was finding games in 1-2 minutes with 60-70 ms which is good since I was playing on 140+ ms 😆. I don’t know what happened honestly but I closed my radius to the closest server to me and set the ping assist to the same ping that I get from that server. Btw I tried this solution before and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not ( @titofuenla suggested it ). 

Sometime I get a person icon in the geo filter and it is located in the ocean, what does this icon mean ? And is it ok to ping it and allow it ? 

Thank you all. 

37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's great news! Is it located off the coast of Africa? If so you can ignore that as it's just a Geo-Filter anomaly. If you think it prevents you getting a game then no harm in allowing it.

Yes that’s exactly where it is located! Well I found a game then I allowed it and after that I am getting into games real quick so it might be the reason? Idk I am not sure yet, I need to try more and in different games. I will keep you guys updated, thank you all I appreciate the help 😃.

How can you force the server? the servers that are closest to me are those of miami and atlanta, the server of miami is 900 km from my location which marks a ping from 30 to 37 in the geo filter, but it never connects to that server but to one  further up in virginia which gives me a ping between 70 to 80, how can I force to connect to the server inside the radio, I have ping assist turned on and still connect me to servers outside my radio, how can I force to connect to the  server i want?

57 minutes ago, Klaox said:

How can you force the server? the servers that are closest to me are those of miami and atlanta, the server of miami is 900 km from my location which marks a ping from 30 to 37 in the geo filter, but it never connects to that server but to one  further up in virginia which gives me a ping between 70 to 80, how can I force to connect to the server inside the radio, I have ping assist turned on and still connect me to servers outside my radio, how can I force to connect to the  server i want?

I had this issue before and I did the steps in the picture..

DD6105B7-F4E1-43F3-836B-489CAD4A1DB1.jpeg

16 hours ago, Aziz said:

Update: So at the day time I wasn’t getting into any games at all but at night I was finding games in 1-2 minutes with 60-70 ms which is good since I was playing on 140+ ms 😆. I don’t know what happened honestly but I closed my radius to the closest server to me and set the ping assist to the same ping that I get from that server. Btw I tried this solution before and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not ( @titofuenla suggested it ). 

Sometime I get a person icon in the geo filter and it is located in the ocean, what does this icon mean ? And is it ok to ping it and allow it ? 

Thank you all. 

Another update (2) : So I am trying to play at 6 pm and i can’t join a game again.. I didn’t change anything at all. At this point I am starting to think that it is because of the game and not the settings I use.. I will try again at night. 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Aziz said:

Yes that’s exactly where it is located! Well I found a game then I allowed it and after that I am getting into games real quick so it might be the reason? Idk I am not sure yet, I need to try more and in different games. I will keep you guys updated, thank you all I appreciate the help 😃.

That's good, could you provide me with the ID of that ocean server so I can just double check if it is needed or not?

1 hour ago, Klaox said:

The above should help - basically have the Geo-Filter completely set up before the console is even turned on - don't have it in a standby mode. That should then help you force the connection.

19 minutes ago, Aziz said:

Another update (2) : So I am trying to play at 6 pm and i can’t join a game again.. I didn’t change anything at all. At this point I am starting to think that it is because of the game and not the settings I use.. I will try again at night. 

That is my conclusion as well, it might be during peak times that the server is too overloaded and therefore forces you elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, 

I was wondering that the reason to not joining  the Warzone server in ME all the time is because of my ISP 

is that even a thing ? Or am I over analyzing it ?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Aziz said:

Hello guys, 

I was wondering that the reason to not joining  the Warzone server in ME all the time is because of my ISP 

is that even a thing ? Or am I over analyzing it ?

ISPs can have bad routing to servers which can raise your ping. If the game has a ping limit for a server then it's possible that is what is happening. There was an issue a few weeks ago of an ISP that had a problem which prevented people joining Warzone games, I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem before so yes it does seem possible. Realistically though I don't think it would make much of a difference but may be worth trying if you have another ISP option for similar speeds/price.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

ISPs can have bad routing to servers which can raise your ping. If the game has a ping limit for a server then it's possible that is what is happening. There was an issue a few weeks ago of an ISP that had a problem which prevented people joining Warzone games, I wouldn't have thought that would be a problem before so yes it does seem possible. Realistically though I don't think it would make much of a difference but may be worth trying if you have another ISP option for similar speeds/price.

Is there an option I can do in the Netduma settings that might help in finding Warzone games less than 130 ms ? For example, I will increase the radius of the circle and I will make sure that Europe serves are included but at the same time I only want to join serves that gives me 130 ms or less, is that even possible? 

Also, I noticed something using ExitLag on PC. So basically I wanted to try that software  just to see what is the issue and it turns out that there is 4 servers in the Middle East ( One in Saudi Arabia, two in UAE Dubai and one in Bahrain) however, only one of these is shown in the GeoFilter which is the one in Bahrain the other serves are not in the map. Are they mis-located or something? And how to find these servers ? maybe they are the solution

Thank you 

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Aziz said:

Is there an option I can do in the Netduma settings that might help in finding Warzone games less than 130 ms ? For example, I will increase the radius of the circle and I will make sure that Europe serves are included but at the same time I only want to join serves that gives me 130 ms or less, is that even possible? 

Also, I noticed something using ExitLag on PC. So basically I wanted to try that software  just to see what is the issue and it turns out that there is 4 servers in the Middle East ( One in Saudi Arabia, two in UAE Dubai and one in Bahrain) however, only one of these is shown in the GeoFilter which is the one in Bahrain the other serves are not in the map. Are they mis-located or something? And how to find these servers ? maybe they are the solution

Thank you 

It really depends where the closest servers are to you, if there is one in the ME then put your radius there and exclude Europe. I assume the software you're referring to is showing you where their servers are rather than the actual game servers. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It really depends where the closest servers are to you, if there is one in the ME then put your radius there and exclude Europe. I assume the software you're referring to is showing you where their servers are rather than the actual game servers. 

I tried closing it to the nearest server and it never find games most of the times. Also the software shows the servers according to what game you choose and I chose COD MW and it shows the mentioned servers also i think activation announced that there is a server in KSA since 9 months maybe but still not shown in the GeoFilter and only one server is shown. 

Multiplayer works perfectly but Warzone is the issue. 

Playing with 160 ms ping is so painful 😣 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think the best way to do this would be with Ping Heatmap, I'll really try and get you on this beta asap so you can find where they may be - if they're mislocated.

I really appreciate your efforts. Thank you so much and I look forward to try it and hopefully it works. 🤗 

I'm from India as well.....First nearest server for us is Singapore with 42ms - 50ms ping and next nearest if the Middle east servers with 70ms - 80ms ping.....When you search for a game (Multiplayer or Warzone) if it directly starts searching a game with the ping of 75ms then your ISP most likely screwed up the routing for Singapore server (This happened in my case). This is when gaming VPNs like Exitlag, mudfish is useful... I tried Exitlag 3 days trial and it was really good and it also helped me with packet loss issues. From my observation for Warzone, there are hosting servers in Singapore(42ms ping)  and Middle East(70ms ping) for "Plunder" and "Blood Money" game modes however, for Battle Royal game mode there isn't a hosting server in the Middle East, which is why we either get a Battle royal game with 42ms ping(Singapore server) else it goes above 125ms which are mostly likely located in Europe....As of now my only solution to play with better ping is to always use services like Exitlag, Mudfish,VPN game etc..As I've already mentioned that making an R-app which provides similar service would resolve many other ppl's problems with ping....Hopefully Dums OS3.0s Heat map feature should give an overall idea of what best ping servers available for SEA players.. @Netduma Fraser  is there anyway you can push me to the priority list as well?, if so pls let me know what info you need from me.  Whole reason why I bought this router is due to Geo-filter but it doesn't seems to work for me as well so hopefully Duma OS3.0 should resolve these issues.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Aziz said:

I really appreciate your efforts. Thank you so much and I look forward to try it and hopefully it works. 🤗 

1 hour ago, Naresh said:

I'm from India as well.....First nearest server for us is Singapore with 42ms - 50ms ping and next nearest if the Middle east servers with 70ms - 80ms ping.....When you search for a game (Multiplayer or Warzone) if it directly starts searching a game with the ping of 75ms then your ISP most likely screwed up the routing for Singapore server (This happened in my case). This is when gaming VPNs like Exitlag, mudfish is useful... I tried Exitlag 3 days trial and it was really good and it also helped me with packet loss issues. From my observation for Warzone, there are hosting servers in Singapore(42ms ping)  and Middle East(70ms ping) for "Plunder" and "Blood Money" game modes however, for Battle Royal game mode there isn't a hosting server in the Middle East, which is why we either get a Battle royal game with 42ms ping(Singapore server) else it goes above 125ms which are mostly likely located in Europe....As of now my only solution to play with better ping is to always use services like Exitlag, Mudfish,VPN game etc..As I've already mentioned that making an R-app which provides similar service would resolve many other ppl's problems with ping....Hopefully Dums OS3.0s Heat map feature should give an overall idea of what best ping servers available for SEA players.. @Netduma Fraser  is there anyway you can push me to the priority list as well?, if so pls let me know what info you need from me.  Whole reason why I bought this router is due to Geo-filter but it doesn't seems to work for me as well so hopefully Duma OS3.0 should resolve these issues.

Would also suggest tweeting the Nighthawk Pro Gaming account and maybe they can boost you up.

@Naresh what is your Netgear community username?