Bo4 hit detection and Instant death fix???

CRarsenxL

Hello All. I remember wondering why my college internet felt better than my actual home internet... this will sound weird but hear me out....... at college I directly connected to an access point router on the ceiling... gameplay felt great for some reason.... when I’m home, I use an xr300 and I get INSTANT death and bullet reg that shoots marshmallows.... 

yesterday I tried something out. I put my XR in AP mode and connected via wired.  (the ports are still active despite what duma says).... when I tell you all my Bo4 problems went away, I mean it. Lmk what you guys think. You’ll need another router for this btw. I use my isp g3100.

I’ve heard the term artificial latency + “lag comp” is the reason. But if anyone has any additional insights, please feel free to comment. Bo4 is a special game... keep in mind this is for P2P connection aka custom games.

Do you guys have a theory on why this is? I'm thinking it might be because of lag compensation on the game servers. Perhaps having a cleaner connection can end up punishing you in some situations.

2 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Do you guys have a theory on why this is? I'm thinking it might be because of lag compensation on the game servers. Perhaps having a cleaner connection can end up punishing you in some situations.

Maybe the Paket sheduler on Dumaos is wrong configurated.. i dont know If Duma use fq_codel .. but there are several settings in other Routers.. Like Queue Limits, burst rate.. Paket Quantum and so on..even different prio Queues and shedulers Like pfifo, SFQ and cake

maybe its Just the buggy Firmware that bugs Out.

But If you want to Play CoD the xr300 is the wrong Router with it current problems

No the xr300 or XR500 are not the issue. These routers have great hardware. The issue lies in the game. Bo4 netcode is way to strong for players within the 50+ ping or additonal latency. I’m not sure which one yet but putting my router in AP mode and disabling wireless worked like magic. It’s literally a magic bullet.

7 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Netcode is to strong for players w 50+ ping or the additional latency activates the lag comp vs the ping. Either way, it’s best to have bo4 running on 50+ ping. 

1 hour ago, Locosano said:

C'est juste que l'algorithme qos utilisé dans duma os est très mauvais ... sur le r1 ils étaient beaucoup plus performant... 

Disabled Qos and same results bro. Find a way to either increase latency or increase ping for a more enjoyable Bo4 experience 

5 hours ago, dav581005 said:

Have you tried turning off upnp or not forwarding ports I have much better gameplay with moderate nat

I’ll give it a try but that doesn’t sound promising...

7 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

As a comp player who plays cod for money. I can till you, for Bo4 at least. This is definitely true. I play mostly on P2P servers but I still notice benefits on dedi servers as well. Anyway geofiltering can help P2P services?

• Administrators

As you're playing custom games with peers you don't have the option to use the Geo-Filter, therefore your best bet is to use QoS - I see in your other topic you've had success with throttling the connection. QoS is trial and error, we recommend 70% to start with as that's fine for most networks but every connection is different so it's best to experiment with it and find what works best for you.

Guest Cussiv

My friend tried once the xr300 and he returned it the day after. We used to play hardcore, some games were good, some bad. Its really weird why some people see you first or your bullets stops connectTing. I have tried diffrent router and firmwares from netduma, gargoyle dd-wrt and tomato. Most of my settings works acouple of games then someone random dude joins and connection is weird or he insta melts you. I seem to have this issue more on PS4 then Xbox. I still have the r1 and waiting for 3.0 update. Maybe its good. 

9 hours ago, Cussiv said:

My friend tried once the xr300 and he returned it the day after. We used to play hardcore, some games were good, some bad. Its really weird why some people see you first or your bullets stops connectTing. I have tried diffrent router and firmwares from netduma, gargoyle dd-wrt and tomato. Most of my settings works acouple of games then someone random dude joins and connection is weird or he insta melts you. I seem to have this issue more on PS4 then Xbox. I still have the r1 and waiting for 3.0 update. Maybe its good. 

What Router firmware you currently using now? What’s your setup? I tried gargoyle and it was amazing for MW! But I’ve stopped playing the game now and moved over to Apex Legends but the hit detection is horrendous on the game, No firmware will solve it ☹️

Guest Cussiv

I don’t play MW. I didn’t like it. I mostly hated it. Even the beta. I bought it only because my friend wanted to. It took me 3-4 months to get it haha! Some firmwares perform great or not. I noticed the wndr3700v1 and wndr3700v2 performs great with gargoyle 1.11 and 1.13 beta but you have to react fast. On my wndr3700v4 they seem to be slower even my character seems kinda slow. I guess there is were the lag compensation kicks in. I dont use anything special. I just use 5ghz, disabled 2.4ghz. QoS off. Cod is cod. Sometimes it works, sometimes not

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 6:48 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Yup. 100%. I’ve found throttling the antiBB to hurt the quality severely actually helps. But it fluctuates so much that it’s hard to tell sometimes

• 4 weeks later...