Lag and inconsistent packages.

2 minutes ago, hurricane1984 said:

Do you use VLans or how did you connect it to the ISP? You need to manually forward the ports and set an static IP otherwise it doesn't work. 

i have only static ip, in dmz, i don't touch anything anymore i am waiting for 3.0

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I didn't respond to the topic so I'm not aware of that but that's what I just did to make it work, it will now be added to the cloud in the next cloud update. Did you manage to make it work following my method?

Alright, fair enough. 

I tried the things you suggested but it didn't work for me, ports remain closed until i set geolocation filter to spectating only. 

32 minutes ago, raf1212 said:

i have only static ip, in dmz, i don't touch anything anymore i am waiting for 3.0

Why DMZ? You use other router/modem before the XR500? If not, you don't need DMZ and its also not advised as you put yourself under unnecessary risk. 

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, hurricane1984 said:

Alright, fair enough. 

I tried the things you suggested but it didn't work for me, ports remain closed until i set geolocation filter to spectating only. 

Did you manage to allow all 4? You might need to keep re analyzing the network to get them. Here is what my map looks like now when analyzing the network and having the ports be open, did you get all these? The one that is blocked isn't required as far as I can tell.

warframe.png

• Administrators

I'm not sure I follow or do you mean you don't see any icons at all? You should also allow your friends so you don't need to have the radius so big. Before I allowed them they appeared as blocked triangles when I analyzed the network. I then disabled Auto Ping in the Geo Map options and then clicked on the triangle, gave it a name and then clicked allow. I redid the process until I had them all allowed. Then when you do analyze the network again they should show with circles around them, indicating they've been allowed. 

this is what i see:

When i do analyze network in Warframe i see something pop up and its getting blocked for some reason, even when its in my geolocation. I click on allow and it works. 

So i have to do this every time when i connect to people? This is very inconvenient as this is happens all the time. The new cloud should fix this? When should we receive the new cloud update? And have you talked to Netgear about the new firmware 3.0 yet? 

geofilter.PNG

The issues i were having are almost gone, some minor things but nothing to worry about as its an P2P connection after all. All works fine and connection is better than it ever was. 

That these little things can take up so much time and head ache... 

Anyway, thank you guys for the input and advice, i hope Firmware 3.0 is even better than this. 

• Administrators

You may have had to do it a few times as they usually use more than one server, it sounds like you've mostly got them all now is that right? We can account for that in the cloud to resolve it, I believe there may be one next week. You're very welcome and sorry you've had so many issues. I'm confident you'll be happy with 3.0 and that it will be worth the wait.

3 hours ago, hurricane1984 said:

I guess so, i haven't got any issues so far, very happy! Its p2p so they don't really use servers i think. 

When is this new firmware coming? I did apply for the beta but i got no response from Netgear..

The beta has been released to some who signed up, and more people are being invited as time goes on. Netgear are in charge of the beta program for the XR500 so I can't check the queue for you.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, hurricane1984 said:

Man Netgear is a pain to handle... I simply ask for an firmware to which i applied for and they act like i ask for a kidney.. -_- 

People were not lying about Netgear when it comes to their service it seems.. jeez.

I understand the frustration but literally everyone is asking for it in addition to having signed up, there is no point having the process of being invited if they then give it to anyone that asks. If they gave it to someone that asked then they'd have to do it for everyone and that defeats the point of having a steady roll out. I know they're not doing it to be intentionally annoying but rather to make sure its stable. That's my 2cents on the situation anyway, they may have different reasons.

• Administrators
On 6/26/2020 at 10:20 AM, hurricane1984 said:

True, still its a pain for me and not necessary imo. 

Anyway, is there a new cloud already? If so, what does this cloud actually do? Im just curious.

Not yet as far as I'm aware. The cloud does 3 things:

1. Whitelist certain servers i.e. those that are required for online play - this can prevent error messages appearing on games when trying to play etc
  2. Move servers to their correct location - if you had a mislocated server within your radius you may have a higher ping than expected
  3. Classify hosts as peers or servers - mostly aesthetic.

• 4 weeks later...

I still have issues in the game man. I need to manually allow people to connect me a lot of times which makes it nearly unplayable. 

Is there a new cloud update yet? And what about the new firmware 3.0? Still haven't heard anything and Netgear refuses to offer any support in this regard.