Lag and inconsistent packages.

ok cool. 

I connected the Router to my ISP media converter and enabled UPnP but its not working at all. In the router it says that its enabled but Warframe doesn't see it and keeps reminding me to open up the ports. 

When i plug my Fritzbox in again all is nominal and UPnP is detected. I tried manually forwarding ports in the Netgear but no luck, the port forwarding is just broken on this machine, no other possibility. I tried DMZ but no matter what i do, no ports are being forwarded in the router. Sometimes it works but most of the time its completely broken for some reason. 

I hope i will get this new firmware very soon!

I now tried with the Zyxel modem/router but the ports remain closed ad the XR500 UPnP section says that they are open. I tried DMZ from Zyxel to the XR500 and that didn't work than i tried DMZ from XR500 to my PC to ensure that every thing is open but also no luck. The router keeps blocking ports while it says that they are not blocked. 

I want to know why an gaming router suppose to do this. Plz give me some feed back or give me advice what to do as i am out of options. I want to do ANYTHING in order to understand what  is causing this erratic behavior. 

thnx.

Have you made sure that ports are open to the XR500? If you can't get open NAT even when using DMZ on the XR500 then it means the XR500 doesn't have access to those ports. You need to forward them from the upstream router or put the XR500 into DMZ.

Yes i made sure.. As i said before, i also tried using the XR500 ONLY directly to the ISP media converter but no matter what i do, no ports are opening.

Here is the proof: 

In the router it says that the ports are opened in the UPnP section, but the game is telling me different as you can see in the picture here. 

The bottom picture is from the Zyxel with UPNP enabled only...

IMG20200615134556.jpg

IMG20200615134548.jpg

IMG20200615162654.jpg

Why can't you guys send me the firmware via email or something? 

I proved this router is utterly broken with port forwarding, im willing to help and give feedback but i need new firmware to work with otherwise i need to return this XR500 and get something that DOES work. 

1 hour ago, hurricane1984 said:

Why can't you guys send me the firmware via email or something? 

I proved this router is utterly broken with port forwarding, im willing to help and give feedback but i need new firmware to work with otherwise i need to return this XR500 and get something that DOES work. 

Unfortunately Netgear is managing the XR500 beta and we're not allowed to send the firmware out to anybody they haven't selected.

Nevermind man, i've had more than enough of this piece of crap router! 

I tried everything end nothing works anymore and a friend of mine who is also an network expert also told me it s piece of crap as he also couldn't make it to work! 

Were waiting for an update for way too long as this problem shouldn't even be here in the first place, so how this router made it to marked if baffling to me!  

I take it to the store and ask my money back or store credit, this is unacceptable! Never in my life i seen such an erratic piece of hardware. 

I'm also filing an complaint about this piece or crap and how no one is helping nor from Netgear nor from Netdumaas they send me back and forth! This is unacceptable and should never happen! 

• Administrators

Yes but it is their hardware and they want to select the testers, plus there is a process in place with NDAs etc, we can't forgo that. I've not seen anyone have your sort of issues before, and that can indicate there may be some incompatibility between the router and your setup/ISP. Sorry to hear you have returned the router but we have tried to help you as much as we can - there is 3 pages here of us trying to help. It's a shame you can't hold onto it for the 3.0 beta because that is when the developers can really get into specific issues and figure out what is going on. Perhaps in the future when you see what 3.0 can do you may reconsider.

How can there be an incompatibility issue with my ISP and the router.. Makes no sense at all to me.. It just works or it doesn't. 

I tried via Vlans and putting the device in DMZ just to check and it simply doesn't work.. 

what other choice do i have than return the unit as every thing else fails?

I decided to do more testing and i came to the following conclusion: 

I connected my XR500 to the VLan of my ISP with Vlan 300 for Internet and 640 for TV and all is working fine. 

As soon as i start Warframe it said "all systems nominal UPnP detected" which is a good thing. But as soon as i connect my PC to the Geolocation filter ports are not opening for some reason. When i delete the PC (in console mode otherwise the filter doesn't work) i get the message that i need to forward ports. So the Geolocation filter doesn't work with this game.. I tested 10 times and every time when i delete the PC from the geolocation filter it works and if i add it the ports are not opening.. 

also when i have UPnP enabled it doesn't work but when i disable it it does work... 

How is this all possible..? I contacted Netgear today and they don't know about any DumaOS 3.0 they told me.. 

Well they're a big company so I guess not every staff member has heard of it.

You're certainly experiencing some unique problems, so either it's a very faulty unit or there's something about your setup which is incompatible.

True, and they are over their head in work i heard from Netgear too unfortunately.. 

I found the source of the issues i'm having though. 

It turns out that when ever i try to use the Geolocation filter, ports are being blocked for some reason in Warframe... Everything works fine but as soon as i put Geolocation filter in filter mode the ports are being blocked.. If it in spectating mode or remove the device entirely, ports are opening again in warframe. 

I tried with Destiny 2 but i have no issues there so it must be some kind of compatibility issue with Warframe and the XR500 which is weird as this is an gaming router right? 

i also turned off UPnP as its not save and i manually forwarded the ports and they are opening, i tested this with an small ftp server if ports are opening at all but they all do so that works. 

The weird part is that even when i turn off UPnP it still works in the router.. I can see the UPnP port table underneath the UPnP setting.. 

This is weird if UPnP should be disabled if i disable it in the router right? And why is the game telling me that UPnP is detected while i disabled it in the router. Yes i rebooted the router and yes i did an reset and reflashed the firmware to make sure its not some kind of fluke but its really weird. The router is usable but i can't use the filter option in geolocation filter which is the main reason i bought this thing in the first place... 

I'm not the only one either with issues with this XR500, if you look on the Internet and google XR500 you can see a bunch of people having issues with it so an firmware with fixes is desperately needed.. 

• Administrators

I doubt it's blocking the ports specifically but more likely the server they are using to check whether your ports are open. When you load up the game for the first time do you see anything blocked on the Geo-Filter? If so add that to your allow list and then it should say the ports are open. We haven't specifically tested the game but it should work. 

It depends on how quickly you tested this as there will be a timeout period for when devices will get updated UPnP information.

Its p2p game so no server is blocking anything as its the purpose to talk to each other.. I would suggest you to download warframe yourself and test this as you also own the XR500 and see what you get with yours. No i don't see anything being blocked in the geolocation filter. I know that the ports are closing as if it happened at first i notice lag in the game and if i do an network test in Warframe it says that i need to enable ports 4950-4955 in my firewall. As soon as i set geolocation filter to spectate all is nominal. This is proof that the Geolocation filter doesn't work with Warframe as this does not happen in Destiny 2 at all. 

"it should work" yes i know this but it doesn't which is why i am here trying to get support.. I tested UPnP after 30 minutes and its still on after that time, yesterday i turned it off and today it still on. If i disable it in Windows its completely off. 

• Administrators

Okay so I managed to test this. I setup my PC as a console and added to the Geo-Filter with location in the UK and radius at around 800km. I went to options and clicked analyze network, as you mentioned it came up with the ports that need to be opened. On the Geo-Filter I noticed 4 icons, 2 in the US, 1 in EU and 1 in Asia. Once I added the two servers in the US I analyzed the network again and everything was good. I added the other two for safe measure as I suspect they're auth servers for EU and Asia respectively. The icons may not stay up for long so see if you can do what I did and confirm it works after adding them to your allow list. I then tried to go into multiplayer (in truth I had no idea what I was doing but I was in relay? and there were people running about), icons within my radius were allowed and there was nothing outside. See if you can filter once you've added those servers. Meanwhile I'll add those servers to the cloud form so they can be added to the next cloud update where they will be whitelisted and not require anyone to manually allow them.

This problem is dated from 2018... Proof is here: 

Are you guys kidding me or what?! How can it be that this problem is dated from 2018 and you pretend not knowing about this issue as there are clearly more people with issues while it on your forum...?! 

On 5/28/2020 at 5:19 PM, Netduma Alex said:

Well it sounds to me like it might be down to the Fritzbox not opening ports properly for the XR500. If ports have been forwarded correctly from the Fritzbox, they should remain open for the XR500 and be available for forwarding to anywhere. I don't know why this would be happening but it's probably a communication problem between the two routers.

As a test, you could put your console into the DMZ of the XR500 temporarily and see if your ports remain open permanently. If they do remain open, it suggests a problem with the XR500's port forwarding. If they don't remain open, it suggests a Fritzbox problem.

I have the same, xr500 opens only one port for me on playstation 4 pro, and on playstation 4 normal my son opens their colic, I will add that I have a terrible game experience, massacre

6 minutes ago, raf1212 said:

I have the same, xr500 opens only one port for me on playstation 4 pro, and on playstation 4 normal my son opens their colic, I will add that I have a terrible game experience, massacre

Do you use VLans or how did you connect it to the ISP? You need to manually forward the ports and set an static IP otherwise it doesn't work. 

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, hurricane1984 said:

This problem is dated from 2018... Proof is here: 

Are you guys kidding me or what?! How can it be that this problem is dated from 2018 and you pretend not knowing about this issue as there are clearly more people with issues while it on your forum...?! 

I didn't respond to the topic so I'm not aware of that but that's what I just did to make it work, it will now be added to the cloud in the next cloud update. Did you manage to make it work following my method?