Rodney what do you have your sliders set at with the second screenshot? Heres the thing about your second screenshot. While there is no major spikes there is a lot of jittery.. Even though very small. I have never to this day yet been able to get a nice smooth line using the Duma QoS..  If I hook my ASUS up I get much better results. Very smooth line with the occasional spike. 

Zippy.

10 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Rodney what do you have your sliders set at with the second screenshot? Heres the thing about your second screenshot. While there is no major spikes there is a lot of jittery.. Even though very small. I have never to this day yet been able to get a nice smooth line using the Duma QoS..  If I hook my ASUS up I get much better results. Very smooth line with the occasional spike. 

Zippy.

I had it at 80 but turned it off going show you all my test results even with the qos disable 

Heres an example of my ASUS. In this screenshot I have one major spike. But it quickly settles down. That was when another device came on to my network. Even with that major spike my gaming plays much better. And my conclusion is because I don't have the jittery action going on.. 

2032617091_Screenshot(53).thumb.png.b9a7111cfa54b2344dd9b9c4928839bd.png

3 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Heres an example of my ASUS. In this screenshot I have one major spike. But it quickly settles down. That was when another device came on to my network. Even with that major spike my gaming plays much better. And my conclusion is because I don't have the jittery action going on.. 

2032617091_Screenshot(53).thumb.png.b9a7111cfa54b2344dd9b9c4928839bd.png

Just one spike why thats weird

Rodney you have some awesome speeds!  You can try to keep lowering your sliders to see if you can get better results. But my experience by doing that has been a negative effect.. One can actually over buffer ones connection and it seems to do more harm then good. Again with your speeds and being on fiber this really is strange. Personally that little bit of jitter you are getting is likely your cause of poor game play if its actually coming from the QoS of the router. In my case when I use the sliders it has never given me good results. And I have no idea why. Maybe that the type of QoS Netduma uses doesn't play well with my connection. Or how it actually interacts with my connection is probably a better way to say it. 

Even with QoS off in your case you can see that the sliders have very little effect. What happens when you get really aggressive with your sliders and set it at say 50%? Is there any noticeable change then? My guess is there wont be.. 

Again even though that the jitter you are getting is very small if its being introduced into your network by lets say QoS then that's no good.. 

Hope what im saying makes sense. 

Zippy.

14 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Rodney you have some awesome speeds!  You can try to keep lowering your sliders to see if you can get better results. But my experience by doing that has been a negative effect.. One can actually over buffer ones connection and it seems to do more harm then good. Again with your speeds and being on fiber this really is strange. Personally that little bit of jitter you are getting is likely your cause of poor game play if its actually coming from the QoS of the router. In my case when I use the sliders it has never given me good results. And I have no idea why. Maybe that the type of QoS Netduma uses doesn't play well with my connection. Or how it actually interacts with my connection is probably a better way to say it. 

Even with QoS off in your case you can see that the sliders have very little effect. What happens when you get really aggressive with your sliders and set it at say 50%? Is there any noticeable change then? My guess is there wont be.. 

Again even though that the jitter you are getting is very small if its being introduced into your network by lets say QoS then that's no good.. 

Hope what im saying makes sense. 

Zippy.

Yes i understand what you trying to say i called  my isp they say everything is fine  in my end i guess its router qos thats bug or not working properly 

1 hour ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

Yes i understand what you trying to say i called  my isp they say everything is fine  in my end i guess its router qos thats bug or not working properly 

Its really hard to say what the cause is really. I just find it odd that I don't get the same results using another router. Maybe when a new firmware is out we will understand a bit more of whats going on. Lets see what happens when a new firmware out. 👍

There is also something else you can try. What happens when you disable share excess? See if fiddling with that makes any difference.

Good luck my friend!

Zippy.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What's the average ping you're getting as shown by the Geo-Filter? Are you seeing any spikes/jitter on the Geo-Filter ping? 

Yes it spikes a bit on paladins and cod i get 20ms to 40ms on those games i play on texas and new york servers also the Miami server for cod is terrible i get a 7ms there 

5 hours ago, Zippy said:

Its really hard to say what the cause is really. I just find it odd that I don't get the same results using another router. Maybe when a new firmware is out we will understand a bit more of whats going on. Lets see what happens when a new firmware out. 👍

There is also something else you can try. What happens when you disable share excess? See if fiddling with that makes any difference.

Good luck my friend!

Zippy.

Ill try to disable it and see if i get a improvement 

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What's the average ping you're getting as shown by the Geo-Filter? Are you seeing any spikes/jitter on the Geo-Filter ping? 

My isp info i some times get 1 jitter to 0 its weird

20200414_201224.jpg

5 hours ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

My isp info i some times get 1 jitter to 0 its weird

20200414_201224.jpg

When your doing this test are you logged into your ISP setup from Frontier?  You can see if Frasier has some better advice. Your jitter there in that screen shot is the best you can get! Honestly with your speeds and being on fiber you should be really dominating in games.  You have a ONT is that correct from your isp? What happens when you connect your xbox directly to that? 

Hope you get this sorted.  :) 

Zippy.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you had a line issue or a router settings issue you would see the issue on the other game. It is likely the game as the servers are more under load now, if you force other servers you may get a better 

Yea i believe you Fraser had better experience on paladins then cod what if my isp ont modem doest have bridge mode i put xr700 through  dmz with a dhcp fixed that help my double nat type problem is this correct 

Guest Killhippie

The ont should from what im reading (i'm in the UK so its slightly different) should be  just a modem and then you connect your router to it. You should not have to put the XR700 into DMZ, you rent the fibre ONT and can connect any compatible router, so ONT Ethernet port to WAN on XR700 and then login details in XR700 I assume. I'm trying to work out what the major issues is here, without reading lots of pages is it just loss of speed? If so that may be just the XR700 and you need a different router with a faster WAN throughput although I would have thought the XR700 can do 500/500, the XR500 would have been fine for that really too as would any of the ASUS routers. It seems your issue is the router really. You have a near to perfect connection tbh. Even the R7800 can hit over 900Mbps I seem to remember, so with 500/500 maybe its DumaOS that is slowing you down possibly or a setting somewhere? With bufferbloat off you should get your full speeds pretty much. What was your previous router?

5 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

The ont should from what im reading (i'm in the UK so its slightly different)  just a modem and then you connect your router to it. You should not have to put the XR700 into DMZ, you rent the fibre ONT and can connect any compatible router, so ONT Ethernet port to WAN on XR700 and then login details in XR700 I assume. I'm trying to work out what the major issues is here, without reading lots of pages is it just loss of speed? If so that may be just the XR700 and you need a different router with a faster WAN throughput, the XR500 would have been fine for that really, as would any of the ASUS routers. It seems your issue is the router really. You have a near to perfect connection tbh.

Surely the XR700 has a WAN throughput of at least 1gbps?

Guest Killhippie
5 minutes ago, Klesk Reaver said:

Surely the XR700 has a WAN throughput of at least 1gbps?

I would have thought so too , it should handle over 900Mbps (or as close as) easily as should most routers tbh. ( I thought he had a 1GB connection then remembered it was 500/500 hence editing)