2 hours ago, Killhippie said:

The ont should from what im reading (i'm in the UK so its slightly different) should be  just a modem and then you connect your router to it. You should not have to put the XR700 into DMZ, you rent the fibre ONT and can connect any compatible router, so ONT Ethernet port to WAN on XR700 and then login details in XR700 I assume. I'm trying to work out what the major issues is here, without reading lots of pages is it just loss of speed? If so that may be just the XR700 and you need a different router with a faster WAN throughput although I would have thought the XR700 can do 500/500, the XR500 would have been fine for that really too as would any of the ASUS routers. It seems your issue is the router really. You have a near to perfect connection tbh. Even the R7800 can hit over 900Mbps I seem to remember, so with 500/500 maybe its DumaOS that is slowing you down possibly or a setting somewhere? With bufferbloat off you should get your full speeds pretty much. What was your previous router?

My last router was xr500 

The ont from isp is a modem/router everything in my setup has a cat6 cable as well 

20200416_103528.jpg

Guest Killhippie
5 minutes ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

I can only use there modem/router sadly  just got off the phone with them 

Sorry to here that :(