4 minutes ago, Klesk Reaver said:

not sure if I can help but I have the XR700, you could try anti-buffer bloat at 70% / 70% and test "Always" temporarily

Is the Xbox assigned the correct device type in device manager?

yes my xbox is assigned to correct device  which firmware  you on the router

iil try 70% 

2 minutes ago, Klesk Reaver said:

im on firmware 1.0.1.24 working flawlessly with a 100/40mbit connection (I originally thought 1.0.1.20 was the latest until I connected a Nintendo Switch and had some R-apps failing and discovered there's beta firmwares)

yea on the same firmware as you

hows traffic set up

Bandwidth download 95 / upload 36
(this is manually set 1mbit below speedtest)

Goodput is enabled

Anti bufferbloat: 75% / 75% “when high priority traffic detected”
(this equals 71.3mbit download / 27mbit upload during high priority detection)

My network consists of 3 PCs, iPad pro, iPhone, google pixel, nvidia shield TV, nintendo switch

QOS bandwidth “flower” gives 25mbit download to nvidia shield TV for 4K netflix, 8mbit download to 1 PC for watching Twitch and youtube

7mbit upload is given to the 2 other PCs for streaming out to Twitch (7000 bitrate in OBS)

Share Excess bandwidth is enabled

I have the nintendo switch added as a “console device” for packet prioritisation and some of the UDP/TCP ports for Apex Legends on 2 PCs there too

other things ive done in the router are:

* set proper device types in device manager
* IP address reservations for all 8 devices
(i still use DHCP but devices get same IP every renew)
* IPv6 disabled
* Link Aggregation disabled
* Media Server disabled
(no USB devices are connected to router)
* 2.4ghz and 60ghz wifi disabled
(currently dont need them)
* 5ghz wifi has channel manually set to avoid my neighbours frequency
* Wifi Smart Connect disabled
(cant have this enabled without 2.4ghz enabled anyway but if i did i would disable it)

if i think of anything else ill edit :)

1 hour ago, Klesk Reaver said:

Bandwidth download 95 / upload 36
(this is manually set 1mbit below speedtest)

Goodput is enabled

Anti bufferbloat: 75% / 75% “when high priority traffic detected”
(this equals 71.3mbit download / 27mbit upload during high priority detection)

My network consists of 3 PCs, iPad pro, iPhone, google pixel, nvidia shield TV, nintendo switch

QOS bandwidth “flower” gives 25mbit download to nvidia shield TV for 4K netflix, 8mbit download to 1 PC for watching Twitch and youtube

7mbit upload is given to the 2 other PCs for streaming out to Twitch (7000 bitrate in OBS)

Share Excess bandwidth is enabled

I have the nintendo switch added as a “console device” for packet prioritisation and some of the UDP/TCP ports for Apex Legends on 2 PCs there too

other things ive done in the router are:

* set proper device types in device manager
* IP address reservations for all 8 devices
(i still use DHCP but devices get same IP every renew)
* IPv6 disabled
* Link Aggregation disabled
* Media Server disabled
(no USB devices are connected to router)
* 2.4ghz and 60ghz wifi disabled
(currently dont need them)
* 5ghz wifi has channel manually set to avoid my neighbours frequency
* Wifi Smart Connect disabled
(cant have this enabled without 2.4ghz enabled anyway but if i did i would disable it)

if i think of anything else ill edit :)

that beast setup ill try some of these 

Guest Killhippie

With a 500/500 connection tbh you do not need QoS its only recommanded for 300MBps connections and under. You will a very hard time have saturating your line with that symmetrical connection. Gaming only uses tiny packets maybe 1Mbps if that and bufferbloat is not just your router but your connection, cable/Fibre and your ISP's equipment, a router cannot change the laws of physics on your line. Hope that makes sense. Leave QoS off and I would do the same with antibufferbloat unless you have a very crowded house.

connection 

15 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

With a 500/500 connection tbh you do not need QoS its only recommanded for 300MBps connections and under. You will a very hard time have saturating your line with that symmetrical connection. Gaming only uses tiny packets maybe 1Mbps if that and bufferbloat is not just your router but your connection, cable/Fibre and your ISP's equipment, a router cannot change the laws of physics on your line. Hope that makes sense. Leave QoS off and I would do the same with antibufferbloat unless you have a very crowded house.

connection got worse with it off 

Guest Killhippie
37 minutes ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

connection 

connection got worse with it off 

Worse as in what got worse? Your line may be more the issue than the router or the server you are using, remember the extra load  on servers with Covid-19. Turn QoS on and antibufferbloat then but tbh 500/500 really should be fine without QoS  maybe you just have a long winding connection to the servers though your ISP, DumaOS will help you with that. As you will see here Netgear say "Note:If you use a gigabit Internet connection (300 Mbps throughput or faster), then you don’t need to use QoS" :)  https://kb.netgear.com/25617/How-does-Dynamic-QoS-help-improve-my-Nighthawk-router-s-Internet-traffic-management

19 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Worse as in what got worse? Your line may be more the issue than the router or the server you are using, remember the extra load  on servers with Covid-19. Turn QoS on and antibufferbloat then but tbh 500/500 really should be fine without QoS  maybe you just have a long winding connection to the servers though your ISP, DumaOS will help you with that. As you will see here Netgear say "Note:If you use a gigabit Internet connection (300 Mbps throughput or faster), then you don’t need to use QoS" :)  https://kb.netgear.com/25617/How-does-Dynamic-QoS-help-improve-my-Nighthawk-router-s-Internet-traffic-management

i was getting hit makers and people seeing me before them

isp has a ont modem there no bridge mode put my xr700 through dmz with dhcp fixed 

2 hours ago, Rodney Rosado3 said:

i was getting hit makers and people seeing me before them

isp has a ont modem there no bridge mode put my xr700 through dmz with dhcp fixed 

Are you play COD?

COD is well how do i put it but it’s always been terrible coding and how the lag compensation works. The XR500 when I was using it never made any difference on blackout for me, you would run about then Suddenly drop Dead with what seemed like a single shot yet their kill cam shows them emptying a clip. 
it’s just COD, made to make you rant or feel like god.

7 minutes ago, Newfie said:

COD is well how do i put it but it’s always been terrible coding and how the lag compensation works. The XR500 when I was using it never made any difference on blackout for me, you would run about then Suddenly drop Dead with what seemed like a single shot yet their kill cam shows them emptying a clip. 
it’s just COD, made to make you rant or feel like god.

yea servers been terrible but other games play fine got some good matches on paladins today 

did you find parameters that work then? I also bought this router, after buying the R1 and the XR500 but nothing works properly for me, it's still bullshit on bullshit

28 minutes ago, Newfie said:

I’m a bit lost, with that up load and download you don’t need QoS and if you have an issue with it off I would be thinking there’s an issue with the routers software.

Probably  the frimware or the software hopefully they fix these issues for expensive router