Dont turn disable ipv6

So when i had setup my rx300 ipv6 was disabled if its disabled it would cause my games to hitch and lag for no reason. If your games start to hitch I recommend to enable ipv6 and it will stop hitching. My game sessions wouldnt last any longer than 2 hours, after that it would be unplayable. Turning on ipv6 now doesnt cause any hitches or lag spikes in game and while watching netflix or youtube. If your experiencing this go to setting in the bottom of dumaos and click advance settings go to ipv6 and click auto detect and click on it now when its done setting up go back to ipv6 and use get automatically from isp and also use DHCP servers than click apply and it will be resolved. This took me over a month to figure out. 

Hey @Rages Its strange that enabling IPv6 would make things play better. Some of Duma OS currently isn't compatible with IPv6. So I do find this interesting. Yet I have noticed that with my XR500.  Who is your ISP if I may ask? Also thanks for your info! 

Btw.. Welcome to the forum! 👍

• Administrators

Just in case anyone wants to try this: If you do not have IPv6 then enabling it will not make a difference as your connection will keep using IPv4. 

8 hours ago, ToOFeduP said:

interesting i too have experience game issues sometimes now... i thought disabling qos entirely helped a bit but i do not know.. plus my logs don't appear no more, but might give this method a try for sure, thank you @Rages does it matter if i have native ipv6 or not?..

Replied to your log topic. It's most likely that issues recently with games is due to server load so if it's suddenly come out of nowhere over the last month or so that's probably why.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ToOFeduP said:

@Netduma Fraser so it shouldn't be something i should be concerned about?... also i'm running fiber optic and notice my gameplay runs better without the qos and buffer bloat on.. or should i turn on qos?..appreciate the help.

If it's literally only started during this pandemic while people have been at home more often then no I wouldn't be concerned about it. Depends what your speeds are, if you're unlikely to saturate the connection and cause local congestion then you could disable it. It's up to you, whatever gives you the best experience.

I tried putting ipv6 on auto detect just to see since I have noticed lag in every game and I'm on fiber. With it on auto detect...i keep getting booted every 5 minutes DURING the game for it to fine another connectivity...I had to turn it off...made me even more laggy. 

2 hours ago, David824 said:

I tried putting ipv6 on auto detect just to see since I have noticed lag in every game and I'm on fiber. With it on auto detect...i keep getting booted every 5 minutes DURING the game for it to fine another connectivity...I had to turn it off...made me even more laggy. 

In your case and many others I wouldn't suggest enabling IPv6. Once one enables it you also have to test to make sure you actually have true Ipv6 connection.. And like stated above even once one has IPv6 enabled there are side effects from it. Some QoS wont function properly. Like ABB.. That's just one example. There are likely other things as well depending on what type of connection one has.. Its really a flip of a coin..

Zippy.

• Administrators

Currently there is no IPv6 support for our QoS...but we have added it to 3.0 so it will be in the next update. For now I recommend you disable IPv6 until you have the new version (beta announcement coming soon)