XR700 R apps not ready

My R700 will function properly after a reboot, but shortly there after the block where my console is added disappears and just stays loading. It will pop up an R apps not ready give it a minute, but it will not load ever. I've tried switching to spectator mode upon reboot then switch to filtering mode for my console, but it always goes to loading.

I've also tried accessing from my laptop to see if it was an issue with my desktop, but it does the same thing.

Its a glitch with the .20 software I been on the beta for it since end of august netgear had a ton of complaints about it on there beta forum before it was released.

netgear sent me a message asking for me to try 

1. Open Google Chrome
2. Make sure it has no extensions and clear cache/cookies
3. Open GUI
4. Go to System Information then R-apps
5. Look for the Hamburger icon and set retry attempts to 5
6. Close the GUI and reboot the router

did not work for me.

I have been going back and forth with netgear for a very long time. Today they finally emailed me saying they want me to let netduma run debugs on it. you can get pastfirmware from the xr700 webpage under other firmware tab

Fair warning if you downgrade your firmware you will have to reset the router. I don't know how many of these routers don't like to be reset but mine is one of them. I returned one thinking it was broken when I updated the firmware and it never came back up. With my router I usually have to do 3 resets in a row and reconfigure it hat way or the interface takes a hour to load with like 10 minute next window load screen. I sometimes have to do 3 resets then configure my router offline for it to load the gui and do it faster.

yea mine is the same way. I had to factory reset once and it took forever load. After that factory reset it now takes forever to do anything. 

I switched it to 5 just have not reset it yet

will update

If its happening on your current firmware nothing will fix it.

Ive tried everything on my XR500 and the only thing that helped was going back to a firmware till it stopped doing it.

it really is, its very slow after the reset and the interface seems buggy. It will sit there and load the software indefinitely, unless I close it.

it feels as if something internal is broken it just hasnt been working right.

I think your router is defective because on mine it works perfect and have updated it regurarly and i do reset it quite often a few times in a week never got the R-apps loading or something wrong

• Administrators

Make sure when you've set the retry attempts to 5 that you reboot the router from the interface. If it continues after that then and you're willing to lose some security updates then downgrading to a previous firmware should resolve this while we get it sorted on our side.

I tried and the issue remains. I see the previous firmware versions on the net gear site, just not sure which one to utilize. I did not see release dates on the versions, can you give me a suggestion?

• Administrators

Try this one: https://kb.netgear.com/000060660/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-10

It might also be worth downgrading to that, doing a factory reset, upgrading to the latest and factory resetting again and monitoring from there. See if it's more stable on that firmware first though.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having this exact issue with my XR700 r apps not loading. Qos, Geo Filter, VPN, System information all they do is load for 10 minutes then I get the error. I also put the attempts on five and it did absolutely nothing. They replaced my XR700 and the new one came yesterday and I have the exact same results nothing working. I did the firmware downgrade all the way through the initial firmware to see if that would work none of the firmware is worked with loading the our apps only the initial firmware but the problem with that was it could not stay connected to the Internet it would Disconnect every 3 to 5 minutes level 3 support from Netgear said it’s disconnecting because there’s a major glitch/bug in the firmware and they’re trying to figure it out. Now this is been going on since the beginning of November here we are going into the new year in January 2 months later and zero has been done I call support every day to check on an update seeing how I have a $500 paperweight right now. They constantly open all the cases and check them and they constantly tell me engineering and net duma have not even open the case is yet to get a fix going. This is absolutely ridiculous for a product this much money to not be working for two months with no fix and no firmware update.

• Administrators
On 12/31/2019 at 2:08 PM, Hartsgrove said:

I am having this exact issue with my XR700 r apps not loading. Qos, Geo Filter, VPN, System information all they do is load for 10 minutes then I get the error. I also put the attempts on five and it did absolutely nothing. They replaced my XR700 and the new one came yesterday and I have the exact same results nothing working. I did the firmware downgrade all the way through the initial firmware to see if that would work none of the firmware is worked with loading the our apps only the initial firmware but the problem with that was it could not stay connected to the Internet it would Disconnect every 3 to 5 minutes level 3 support from Netgear said it’s disconnecting because there’s a major glitch/bug in the firmware and they’re trying to figure it out. Now this is been going on since the beginning of November here we are going into the new year in January 2 months later and zero has been done I call support every day to check on an update seeing how I have a $500 paperweight right now. They constantly open all the cases and check them and they constantly tell me engineering and net duma have not even open the case is yet to get a fix going. This is absolutely ridiculous for a product this much money to not be working for two months with no fix and no firmware update.

Do you by any chance own a Nintendo Switch? Another poster has this problem and he thinks it may be the cause? 

If you do, could you try connecting the Switch and then quickly go to Device Manager. From there, change the Nintendo Switch Device Type to a PlayStation or Xbox. This won't negatively affect your experience and may solve your problem.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Danny80916 said:

I have a switch and have the same issue I might try restarting and seeing if I can even access the device manger.

Please do keep us updated, would be really helpful to know if this was the cause.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Danny80916 said:

Its been almost 2 hours since I restarted and switched the switch to xbox. All is good to go so far this is the longest its has stayed up so looking good!

Well that is good to hear, do give us some more updates as time goes on!

10 hours ago, jphoppe1 said:

So far reverting back to the software linked above has been working, aside from today.

I'm also going to try changing the switch.

Let us know please, if we can narrow down this issue that would be amazing.