XR700 R apps not ready

Sorry to bump this one (and also sorry as it's about the XR500 and not the XR700).

I have had an issue where the R-Apps failed to start, and the DHCP Helper failed to assign IP addresses to LAN devices (WLAN was fine, and an IP statically assigned worked). A factory reset previously worked whilst still on 2.3.2.56 - it's happened 3 times now, so reverted back to 2.3.2.32. All is perfect once again. For the moment I've turned off auto-updating and will just wait for the major release 🙂

• Administrators
On 1/17/2020 at 10:31 AM, Eyeballer said:

Sorry to bump this one (and also sorry as it's about the XR500 and not the XR700).

I have had an issue where the R-Apps failed to start, and the DHCP Helper failed to assign IP addresses to LAN devices (WLAN was fine, and an IP statically assigned worked). A factory reset previously worked whilst still on 2.3.2.56 - it's happened 3 times now, so reverted back to 2.3.2.32. All is perfect once again. For the moment I've turned off auto-updating and will just wait for the major release 🙂

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Glad you've got a workaround that works for you. If you decide to upgrade again and have the same issues after a factory reset (generally a good idea after an upgrade) then let us know and we can try to work through those issues and see if there is a better solution.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 5:08 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Glad you've got a workaround that works for you. If you decide to upgrade again and have the same issues after a factory reset (generally a good idea after an upgrade) then let us know and we can try to work through those issues and see if there is a better solution.

Hey there Fraser, thanks for the welcome!

I did go through a few factory resets (then configured it without using a backup) which did get it working - but would fail again soon after.

Interestingly when I did try a factory reset, then restored my backup - it brought back the exact same fault.

But since reverting to the N (minus 1) release, it's been great - I didn't really need to take advantage of the Hybrid VPN yet anyhow.

@Netduma Fraser I had the same problem when I first connected my Nintendo Switch to the router [xr700]. The Device Manager would load forever and gave an error. After resetting the router and turning of my Nintendo Switch the Device Manager opened. The Nintendo Switch was in the offline section and had no icon. I figured that this might have been the cause, so I gave it the Nintendo Switch icon and after turning on my Nintendo Switch again the device manager loaded just fine. I reverted it back and did some further testing and this missing icon was definetly the cause. I also noticed shortly after this problem, that the Nintendo Switch profile aswell as some others I dont remember anymore, werent recognized correctly as a "game console" in Geo-Filter. I had to set those consoles to the PS4 profile in order to get them as a "game console" in Geo-Filter. Btw. I also noticed the Nintendo Switch and some other icons beeing missing behind the Device Name in the QoS-list. That concludes the bugs I found in DumaOS. (Please check my thread aswell. I encountered a major problem with ping and the enabled guest network). Thx!

• Administrators
On 2/10/2020 at 3:47 AM, Eyeballer said:

Hey there Fraser, thanks for the welcome!

I did go through a few factory resets (then configured it without using a backup) which did get it working - but would fail again soon after.

Interestingly when I did try a factory reset, then restored my backup - it brought back the exact same fault.

But since reverting to the N (minus 1) release, it's been great - I didn't really need to take advantage of the Hybrid VPN yet anyhow.

That's to be expected, if you have an issue that can be caused by a combination of settings then using a backup isn't a good idea. If you have an issue its a good idea to do a fresh reset and change settings from there. Glad to hear that, hopefully once there is a new update you can upgrade to that with no issues.

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 5:31 AM, Eyeballer said:

I am also using 2.3.2.56 on a XR500. I made the Nintendo Switch recommendation posted here (we have 3) and it fixed my issue.