BO3 xbox or ps4

ByMgRs

Each person might have a different opinion but it isn't that big of a deal to me who plays early or late just as long as I play.  I'm on the Xbox One.  

Each person might have a different opinion but it isn't that big of a deal to me who plays early or late just as long as I play.  I'm on the Xbox One.  

I don't really care if I play the first day or not, but it is a check mark in the column FOR the PS4 as I keep hearing of all the benefits and features over the XB1.  Let's be honest, the XB1 interface leaves more than a little to be desired.

Yeah. Much much to be desired.  I believe more players have migrated from the PS3 to PS4 than the 360 to the One. :(  :(  I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.  My main concern is that Xbox has made it so difficulit to play with friends it's just barmy.  When it comes to playing with friends the 360 was on point.  

I was on PS3 but got a PS4 (bundle great deal) and IMO the DLC isn't any big deal at all.I got the DLC for AW and played the maps for about 2 hours and deleted them as the lobby's were horrible because of the fragmented player base.

I can't compare the 2 systems (PS4 and XBOX) as I've never owned an XBOX but I'm sure they both have their good and bad points compared to each other.But if all the guys you game with are on XBOX,I wouldn't get a PS4 and vice versa.

Being's I've always played on sony waiting for the DLC and every thing else isn't a big deal to me,but some people flip out and act like it's the end of the world.But in the end it's just a video game and which ever system your gonna have the most fun on is what I'd get.

Completely agree with the statements made concerning the timing of the DLC drop.  I don't really care about that stuff (maps, camos and a new watergun for Zombies), but it is an added bonus to have the DLC Double XP and Double weapon XP weekends sooner (more players = more noobs).  I have never understood why both platforms could not piggy back and give double XP weekends for all, at the same time?

I'll be honest, I don't know if I am going to be playing games on the reg for the next 5-10 years.  Maybe I will, maybe I won't.  Maybe something else comes along and that becomes my new hobby.  But if I am going to keep playing, I would like to have the best console platform to do so.

BUT, and here is the caveat for me.  What if I really like the game though?!  What if DJ Vahn has hit a solid triple, close to a homer with this one?  I am definitely going to want to toggle back and forth and play against all players, like I did with Blops 2.

I don't know.  If I found a good bundle deal, I might be really inclined to make the purchase and be done with it.  Decisions, Decisions.  #Firstworldproblems

@ Dillinger make the move bro.If your a fan of the DLC,then grab a PS4.I'm sure you won't be disappointed,I got a feeling your gonna do it eventually anyway,so I figure why prolong it anymore.I got my PS4 about 2 months ago and I'm glad I did,got the system and the last of us digital,AW,Ghosts, and Destiny all for about 400 including shipping.

@ Dillinger make the move bro.If your a fan of the DLC,then grab a PS4.I'm sure you won't be disappointed,I got a feeling your gonna do it eventually anyway,so I figure why prolong it anymore.I got my PS4 about 2 months ago and I'm glad I did,got the system and the last of us digital,AW,Ghosts, and Destiny all for about 400 including shipping.

Where'd you shop?  I admit I have been pricing them and looking around for the "right deal", but I suspect you are right and I will get one eventually anyways....

Believe it or not I got that shit off walmart.com,it was the last of us bundle.I don't know if the still have'em but the one I got came with the last of us digital and then you got to pick 3 games from a selection of games they had listed.So I grabbed AW,Ghosts and Destiny.,probably should have took Madden instead of Destiny as I'll never play it but that was the deal

Yeah. Much much to be desired.  I believe more players have migrated from the PS3 to PS4 than the 360 to the One. :(  :(  I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.  My main concern is that Xbox has made it so difficulit to play with friends it's just barmy.  When it comes to playing with friends the 360 was on point.  

The xbox one dashboard sucks major balls... I don't know who thought it was a good idea to make everything an app and have it take 2 minutes to open a message (if you can find out where your messages are). I use my phone for managing my friends, and messaging because I can unlock my phone, find the app, open the app, go to my messages, reply, close the app, lock my phone - faster than the xbox can complete the task "Xbox read message". Getting an external drive has made game loading quicker, but not by much. Maybe ~10 seconds.

The PS4 is quick and snappy and the UI is easy to use. I will say to wait until the new dashboard comes out and see if it makes any improvements. If not then dump it, and switch as long as you don't care about the xbox exclusives. So far from what I see, the X1 gets more exclusive AAA games and the PS4 just gets games that are fun and crazy to play. Like Tropico 5 lol

Where'd you shop?  I admit I have been pricing them and looking around for the "right deal", but I suspect you are right and I will get one eventually anyways....

eBay or Craigslist my friend. Best deals and you can try before you buy.

I played AW on xbox one but should I buy BO3 for ps4, I would leave my scuf behind but I would get the dlc early? your thoughts?

Friends > Hardware/preferences > DLCs

Play with your friends and if that is not an option then go with the prefered hardware.

I once tried to switch over to the Xbox 360, but I hated the controller (why so big and clunky?), so switched back to Playstation rather quickly. Never ever have I cared about getting the DLC early. It's overrated :)

EDIT: By the way, I have heard rumours that the Xbone software is getting a major update soon? Maybe worth waiting for?

I don't own an Xbox One but I owned an Xbox 360 last gen and moved over to the PS4.  The stupid points on the PS4 is that there is no 'friend online' notification and no way to set your online visibility to hidden.  I actually like the symmetric feel of the PS4 controller and feel more comfortable with it than the 360.  I think that's what surprised me the most as I thought it would feel foreign but I adapted very quick.

As far as public lobby "competition" goes, AW is a lot tougher than anything I went against on a consistent basis compared to past CoD games on Xbox 360 but that's to be expected because of SBMM.  As for CoD:Ghosts the lobbies didn't feel any tougher or easier than the Xbox 360.  I'm sure the PS3 will have a lot more kids/noobs because of its free online.

The only reason I'd continue with the Xbox One for now is if you're engaged in the competitive scene.  Last I checked there hasn't been any platform changes.  Otherwise why not jump to a system with a higher player count and the added bonus now of timed exclusivity?  I was playing online yesterday and heard some players that have just migrated to the PS4 from the Xbox One and saying they really liked how simple things were (mainly the partying was better?) and they started talking about game sharing like it was amazing.  Eh, I'd rather have backwards compatibility but the PS4 is a solid system.

Used to own an Xbox One and traded it in for a PS4.  At that moment the angels sang in heaven and i've been much happier.  So my vote is PS4 :)

Yeah I did a dance in my head when I turned on my PS4 and it told me AW was ready to play after 2 minutes of loading from the disc, rather than an hour install on X1.

Before getting to use the new dashboard that's coming out, my vote goes for PS4 all the way.

I purchased the full digital version for the Xbox One, only because I play most of my COD's on Xbox and even though I got AW on PS4 (and XB1), I find more people to play with on XB1 (in my case).

P.S. AW is not fun nor does it make sense.

Archived