Cloud update any news ?

DARTHXX

Yeah sorry we've been having issues getting CoD to work perfectly.

I'm going a cloud update today which should fix problems people are having with Discord.

Kind of scared to announce it though because people will just get angry that it's not CoD.

You guys should make a post explaining the problems you are having with MW as to why a cloud update isn't close to being done yet.  Listen people here who spent money on a duma are gonna be mad it's not done but if your open about why I think the majority will accept that the problem is the game not the duma or duma team.  

You guys are gonna sell a good amount of Duma's this Holiday season.  I can see a lot of upset new duma users coming in here in the near future.  So it might be best to have the issues on the table so new users come here complain and we can point them to the post explaining the issues with MW and that the Duma team is working on it.

4 hours ago, PUBzZz said:

You guys should make a post explaining the problems you are having with MW as to why a cloud update isn't close to being done yet.  Listen people here who spent money on a duma are gonna be mad it's not done but if your open about why I think the majority will accept that the problem is the game not the duma or duma team.  

You guys are gonna sell a good amount of Duma's this Holiday season.  I can see a lot of upset new duma users coming in here in the near future.  So it might be best to have the issues on the table so new users come here complain and we can point them to the post explaining the issues with MW and that the Duma team is working on it.

Agree 100%

On 11/26/2019 at 2:11 AM, PUBzZz said:

+1

I felt I offered a great idea of how to handle this so people can be in the loop on this issue.  However the lack of response by the Duma team is rather concerning at this point.  Just how bad is it?  Be honest with us.   We all know this game is broken and this new 3 headed monster of a netcode they put in the game is a total cluster F_ _ K.   

Listen I'll say it again. Over the next month many new Duma owners are going to be MAD as HELL that their very expensive router is failing to deliver in Modern Warfare.  So you have a very expensive router that promotes itself as the answer to your gaming problems especially with COD yet it can't do anything for you with the biggest selling game of the year which is COD because......... To be continued

• Administrators
17 hours ago, PUBzZz said:

I felt I offered a great idea of how to handle this so people can be in the loop on this issue.  However the lack of response by the Duma team is rather concerning at this point.  Just how bad is it?  Be honest with us.   We all know this game is broken and this new 3 headed monster of a netcode they put in the game is a total cluster F_ _ K.   

Listen I'll say it again. Over the next month many new Duma owners are going to be MAD as HELL that their very expensive router is failing to deliver in Modern Warfare.  So you have a very expensive router that promotes itself as the answer to your gaming problems especially with COD yet it can't do anything for you with the biggest selling game of the year which is COD because......... To be continued

There is nothing bad about it, Alex just requires some extra help with CoD as opposed to some of the other cloud updates done in the past. If it was to be the case that this could not be done then it would be escalated to get dev help and if nothing could be done we would let people know. It's also important to note that this same cycle happens every year in which the new CoD is released and everyone hates the netcode, how it plays etc and then it smooths out. Shouldn't be like that but it is.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, PUBzZz said:

Fraser not asking for a set date as to a deadline but are we talking a week, 2 weeks, a month or something in 2020?  

I can't give a proper estimate but I would be very surprised if it wasn't done by the end of the year.

On 11/28/2019 at 8:08 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's also important to note that this same cycle happens every year in which the new CoD is released and everyone hates the netcode, how it plays etc and then it smooths out. Shouldn't be like that but it is.

I would like to ask you something (but anybody who has an answer, pleaso, go ahead).
MW is first CoD I play since AW. This is because I refused playing any other CoD game till I had a good connection, but now that I have one, I'm having the same problems that I used to have. The thing is that I've been disconnected for some years and haven´t paid attenttion on what was going on.
So the question is wich is the historial with the latest CoDs? They were a total mess at beginning like MW, but after some months, you finilly find a way to fix the game? Or They are a mess at the beginning and very little can be done?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Grafti said:

I would like to ask you something (but anybody who has an answer, pleaso, go ahead).
MW is first CoD I play since AW. This is because I refused playing any other CoD game till I had a good connection, but now that I have one, I'm having the same problems that I used to have. The thing is that I've been disconnected for some years and haven´t paid attenttion on what was going on.
So the question is wich is the historial with the latest CoDs? They were a total mess at beginning like MW, but after some months, you finilly find a way to fix the game? Or They are a mess at the beginning and very little can be done?

Well we're always working on improving the cloud to improve compatibility so that of course does help but regardless, what seems to happen is a CoD game comes out and people complain about the connection for months. I've speculated on why this could be and I assume it is down to how many people are playing the game at once - remember it comes out like early Nov then it's thanksgiving, black friday then Christmas - a lot of downtime that people have and a lot of spending going on. So I think the servers get hammered, they allocate a certain amount of servers for the game and rarely expand on that so server lag comes into it. Then as the new year begins people are working more again, they have less time and people are player less so the servers aren't as full so the connection is better. Then they start dropping hints not long after that about a new CoD so people jump on the old one and you can that boost again and connection gets worse. Rince, repeat every year, that's my theory anyway.