modern warfare xbox x

boroade1986

i am having a hoeeibble time on this game i play search and destroy im always around 160 kd in all cod games sogood enough to enjoy them normally this game i cant shoot anyone my aim seems to bounce off people i dont no if its this xbox x console but im miles behind gameplay i feel like the game is broken my console as it keeps shutting down etc i have good buffer bloat settings etc i have a not bad tv for gaming in a samsung qled but im thinking somethings not right as my gameplay is awfull anyone with same symptons and any help would be greatly apreciated cheers

Welcome to the forums!

So has your connection become worse recently, or is it just in the latest CoD that these problems seem to be occurring?

If you go back to the previous CoD, are the problems still happening?

I'm trying to figure out if it's something specific to the new game!

The game favors average ping times and bandwidth.  I get into 15 ping lobbies and i feel like im 100ms delayed cause of there coding.  The duma was reliable 4 years ago.  These games now dont prioritize great ping time as much as they do average

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just a few things to add, if you're actually using a TV - even if it has a game mode likely won't be as good as a dedicated monitor with 1ms response. What is the average ping you're getting as shown by the Geo-Filter?

Yes i have the same problems getting 10-20 ms ping on lobbies but getting 2 out of 10 good games regarding to hit detection and shoot first die first scenarios.

Playing on ps4 pro all cat8.1 wired, 1ms gaming monitor, 500mb down 50mb upload connection, controller wired, ping 8-10 ms when doing speedtest, and I have all wi-fi devices turned off when i am gaming except my laptop is connected through 2.4ghz with only DumaOs running on it and only the LAN 8.1 cable connected in the router for the PS4 pro.

What else is there to do ?

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Yes i have the same problems getting 10-20 ms ping on lobbies but getting 2 out of 10 good games regarding to hit detection and shoot first die first scenarios.

Playing on ps4 pro all cat8.1 wired, 1ms gaming monitor, 500mb down 50mb upload connection, controller wired, ping 8-10 ms when doing speedtest, and I have all wi-fi devices turned off when i am gaming except my laptop is connected through 2.4ghz with only DumaOs running on it and only the LAN 8.1 cable connected in the router for the PS4 pro.

What else is there to do ?

Your settings/setup are optimal assuming QoS is enabled to prevent any local congestion/spikes. Try forcing different servers with the Geo-Filter and see if they play any better for you.

Yes QOS is 80/80 but I notice the bad gameplay also when I have literally only the PS4 connected on the router and nothing else everything else is turned off.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Yes QOS is 80/80 but I notice the bad gameplay also when I have literally only the PS4 connected on the router and nothing else everything else is turned off.

Even more reason to try different servers as it could just be the game itself.

I totally agree with fraser on this one

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Even more reason to try different servers as it could just be the game itself.

You need to try forcing a server which is maybe 10-20ms higher than your base ping.

There are so many variables. but I do find the hit register better

hi yea its just this game it really has been that bad for me ive had a duma router right from the start and it always has helped me i normally have everything set up and no problems as i havent been on here for a while and forgot my original sign in lol the good thing about this router is you can do so many things to it etc i have suppressed my connection to 6.58 down and 3.28 up and ive got to tell you it has improved for me after doing this ive played for 3 hours like this had a 18 for 2 and 3 or 4 choppers and i play search and destroy so hopefully it will continue because like i said this game was awfull for me like shooting people in the back only to turn and drop me now im doing this im not changing anything on my settings thanks for replying and thank god for the netduma