party problem nat

You don't have to whitelist the friends individually if they're in your radius. However if you want to talk to friends outside of your radius, you will have to whitelist them.

We have whitelisted the authentication servers from our end so that shouldn't cause a problem, but I think you'll still need to whitelist those peer connections.

Yes Alex i think exactly that is what is happening it is like when I enter a chat like it is searching the dots behind the friends names keep blinking until I can hear them then it changes to the mic output (that you visually see who is talking in the chat lobby).

Why u don't make a new topic for only the chat servers to collect that addresses.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

You don't have to whitelist the friends individually if they're in your radius. However if you want to talk to friends outside of your radius, you will have to whitelist them.

We have whitelisted the authentication servers from our end so that shouldn't cause a problem, but I think you'll still need to whitelist those peer connections.

No I have none of my friends white listed and they are not in my radius most of the time.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mobel said:

I had so far no problems with friends. 

I use it only to allow good servers or deny bad unstable servers or hosts.

You should definitely allow your friends, regardless of if they are in your radius to ensure you don't run into any issues connecting to them in future.

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It may be we didn't get the whole range of servers they are using. Could you give us the ID for the one you allow so it works? Then we can double check it against what we have and if necessary, retest and put out another update.

So what I have done so far;-

Turned Off PS4, Removed it from Device in Geo-Filter and then Flush Cloud waited for 5 minutes then tried again. That did not work, if I do switch from Filtering mode to Spectating mode I can hear friends in party chat either my ps4 has been added to device option or not.

I went ahead with Factory Reset, Flush Cloud then added my ps4 to devices still did not work. I did the unthinkable re-installed/Flashed the firmware again twice lol....followed the steps above that still did not work.

So I'm 100% sure its not from my end, I will take a note of the ID's but the funny thing is each time I restart my ps4 create a party a different server comes up even if I have white listed a previous server.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, definitely sounds like we've missed a few servers then in that case. I'll let the team know to test again, meanwhile if you come across any IDs then let us know.

Here is one 

ID 8a232af5c029a2a7
Domain Name stn.ww.np.cy.s0.playstation.net.

ID703626f1d30f8f94

Domain Namestn.ww.np.cy.s0.playstation.net.

ID9023430ec02f9da2

Domain Namestn.ww.np.cy.s0.playstation.net

Like I said each time I join back out of the party, rejoin again I get a new Server and ID so its endless for me for some strange reason

Hello guys i had yesterday something strange i was playing in Bo4 and was in the game chat with 4 other friends (all from Europe, none of them whitelisted) and 1 of them said let's join a chatparty from a friend (that friend is from the USA and also the other 2 in that chatparty) but when i joined the chatparty i could only hear the friend that i was playing with (from Europe) and the other 3 i could not hear them it was blinking behind their name in the chatparty so i taught it will work in a 30 sec or some i stayed for a min or 2 but it didn't work.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Hello guys i had yesterday something strange i was playing in Bo4 and was in the game chat with 4 other friends (all from Europe, none of them whitelisted) and 1 of them said let's join a chatparty from a friend (that friend is from the USA and also the other 2 in that chatparty) but when i joined the chatparty i could only hear the friend that i was playing with (from Europe) and the other 3 i could not hear them it was blinking behind their name in the chatparty so i taught it will work in a 30 sec or some i stayed for a min or 2 but it didn't work.

It could be that you were blocking the US party chat server so you couldn't hear those connected to it. Did you see anything blocked on the map when this happened? If so whitelist that and it should work. Definitely whitelist them as you should only have to do it once (unless their IP changes) and then shouldn't have to worry about it again.

I have none of my friends whitelisted and he joined the chatparty that was made by the friend from USA and after i joined in that chatparty but i could hear only 1 friend that is also not whitelisted.

No I didn't look at the map as i have it zoomed in on Europe and we were in a game at that moment. 

But when i start the game I see one server with a white ring on the west coast of the USA like the authentication server in Ireland

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Mobel said:

I have none of my friends whitelisted and he joined the chatparty that was made by the friend from USA and after i joined in that chatparty but i could hear only 1 friend that is also not whitelisted.

No I didn't look at the map as i have it zoomed in on Europe and we were in a game at that moment. 

But when i start the game I see one server with a white ring on the west coast of the USA like the authentication server in Ireland

Yes that will be an authentication server. When you next do this could you have the map zoomed out please? By doing that you'll be able to see what is happening - who or what you're blocking and then be able to whitelist them for it to work.

Yes for sure i will go online in a bit and i will zoom out the map so I can see what is happening and collect the servers that are blocked or i connect to regarding to the chat parties and i will provide them here.

Could u also provide a updated legend of the geo-map.

For example dotted circle or servers that are not square.

Thank you very much.