My Gaming Experience hasn't changed

KP5401

I bought the XR 300 with the hopes that it would change the call of Duty gaming experience. After using it for several months and talking with Netgear tech support and my ISP and Activision, my gaming experience remains the same and no one has truly help configure or check settings against my network to help make what I I had hoped it to be a reality. It feels the same as when I plug in my old modem or router from my ISP I get the same experience as when I use the pro gaming xr300.  I've gone through so much tech support and so much time do two waiting on return phone calls but now I'm past the point of no return with Netgear which leaves me stuck with a high-dollar router that I feel in a way has done nothing for me at all. If there is a way that you all feel you can help please I beg you to do so or help me exchange this model through you to get the one that I would need including the one that supports Plex which is half the reason I bought this but it was advertised that they XR models could work with Plex come to find out they do not but that's another story have another topic which I have posted in here as well. This is my last attempt to try and resolve both issues anything you can do is appreciated.

This router can t change your connection , it stabilized your ping during congestion or could connect in a nearest dedicated servers , thats all for COD. Nothing of magic..

In a recent call of duty games there 's  a problem called Lag comp that ruin the gaming experience..

I ve 1 gb/s and 6/7 ms in Italian dedis and my hit detection aren 't so clear..

This Router for me is fantastic , the problem is the netcode..

We can help you to reduce your local congestion and to filter out high ping servers. Beyond that, there's not much we can do. If you don't have any good servers within reach of your house, we won't be able to create one out of thin air. If there really are no low ping servers close enough to you, the best option might be to look for an ISP with better routing.

To put it another way, DumaOS can only control things within your house, it can't change the route that the connection takes to get to the Call Of Duty servers. It's a sad fact that sometimes people are in a geolocation that has no good options for servers.

Guys I have 2 of the best servers SOCAL and DALLAS within 600 miles of my location.  Geo-Location circle is only enclosed with those 2 in it.  QOS is setup as good as I can using online tutorials.  But the bullet registration is still garbage though.  My ISP is Comcast and my speed is 200Mb up and 6Mb down.  So now what?

For me its the same KP! And with 6 ms i ve ghost bullet! The problem is trash server! I m using Ping plotter to analize the hops and the variable Ping during test.. try to use pingplotter!!

9 hours ago, KP5401 said:

Guys I have 2 of the best servers SOCAL and DALLAS within 600 miles of my location.  Geo-Location circle is only enclosed with those 2 in it.  QOS is setup as good as I can using online tutorials.  But the bullet registration is still garbage though.  My ISP is Comcast and my speed is 200Mb up and 6Mb down.  So now what?

Oh right, well in that case I suppose we'll have to rule out distance to server as the problem.

Is your router connected straight to the source of the internet in your house? As in, is it connected straight to the entrypoint for the cable/fibre/phone line?

If not, you could do some PingPlotter tests where the routers sits now, and then move the router closer to the source and run the same tests again. This will rule out any internal wiring issues in your house.

Do you know how to use PingPlotter? There's a guide here: 

--

Even if the router is already connected to the source, i'd be interested to see some pingplotter screenshots so we can see where the delay is occuring.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, KP5401 said:

im looking for remote assistance this is getting way out of my comfort zone, especially for a premium product,  Can you remote assist via my pc?

We're a small team so it's hard for us to do remote assistance unless all avenues have been exhausted or it's a particularly complex issue. Is there something regarding the PingPlotter guide you're not understanding that we can clarify for you?

• 3 weeks later...