XR500 support 10gb Fiber?

I'm one of the super lucky ones who is getting 10 GB service in the area (Yes 10, not 1gb)

They offer 10gb both going up and down for only 299 a month (1gb is only 79$, BYE CHARTER lol)

https://www.brightridge.com/home-service/broadband-products/high-speed-internet/fiber-optic/

However, can a Nighthawk Pro xr500 support this? Having issues finding this info, not surprised honestly lol

By support it, I mean the full speed assuming other in home devices can support it too, obviously it would work in "general".

If not, will it at least "actually" make the router "take off" (Joking, but also, kinda not LOL)

Keep in mind that most current home class routers only support 1000Mbps RJ45 connection rates on their WAN and LAN ports. There are only a few routers that are just now supporting 2.5Gb on the WAN port. Though still not supporting anything over 1000Mbps on the LAN ports. To get full 10Gb support, you need 10Gb support on the WAN, LAN, cabling and PC Network adapter. Most enterprise class routers, switches and NIC adapters are still spendy and mostly  not available or tuned at the consumer level. Remember when 100Mbps was the norm 10+ years ago and the consumer finally got access to 1Gb support on modems, routers, switches and NICs?  Same thing needs to happen again, if the consumer will get access to full on 10Gb networking speed support. When and IF all the Networking Mfrs decide to do this. We're just beginning to see some 2.5Gb support on some home class routers. 

I know that there are some networking Mfrs that have 10Gb switches that are becoming a bit more inexpensive. We need NICs as well. This would begin some migration to 10Gb on the LAN side. 

Also need to factor in PC CPU speed support as 10Gb speeds would be very CPU processing intensive for any single/dual core or lower PC. Most would not be able to support these speeds. I've got a dual core CPU PC that can't do anything near 900Mbps on the WAN side. While my quad core PC can with out question. 

Lastly is cabling. CAT6A is minimum for 10Gb performance. 

So there are a few things to remember when thinking about anything over 1Gb speeds. 10Gb will be interesting to see when and IF it appears at the consumer level. 

20 hours ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Keep in mind that most current home class routers only support 1000Mbps RJ45 connection rates on their WAN and LAN ports. There are only a few routers that are just now supporting 2.5Gb on the WAN port. Though still not supporting anything over 1000Mbps on the LAN ports. To get full 10Gb support, you need 10Gb support on the WAN, LAN, cabling and PC Network adapter. Most enterprise class routers, switches and NIC adapters are still spendy and mostly  not available or tuned at the consumer level. Remember when 100Mbps was the norm 10+ years ago and the consumer finally got access to 1Gb support on modems, routers, switches and NICs?  Same thing needs to happen again, if the consumer will get access to full on 10Gb networking speed support. When and IF all the Networking Mfrs decide to do this. We're just beginning to see some 2.5Gb support on some home class routers. 

I know that there are some networking Mfrs that have 10Gb switches that are becoming a bit more inexpensive. We need NICs as well. This would begin some migration to 10Gb on the LAN side. 

Also need to factor in PC CPU speed support as 10Gb speeds would be very CPU processing intensive for any single/dual core or lower PC. Most would not be able to support these speeds. I've got a dual core CPU PC that can't do anything near 900Mbps on the WAN side. While my quad core PC can with out question. 

Lastly is cabling. CAT6A is minimum for 10Gb performance. 

So there are a few things to remember when thinking about anything over 1Gb speeds. 10Gb will be interesting to see when and IF it appears at the consumer level. 

Even in enterprise gear, 10G NICs for workstations are not common.

10G is mostly used for switch to switch trunking connections so you effectively build your own backbone in your network. And 10G NIC's for hooking up servers etc. 10G switches are used here as well. Your router, servers etc connect to the 10G switch and the switches for your workstations are usually 1Gbit with 10G SFP+ for trunking.

For example where I work all workstations are hooked up with a 1Gbit connection but all the switches are interconnected with fiberoptic cables.

Not only CPU power is an issue for 10G connections but most harddrives etc would not be able to support it either. AT 10G you can download faster than a conventional drive can write. Even SATA SSD's can't keep up, you would need a M.2 NVMe SSD to keep up with that.