Changing geofilter in BO4 between games -- R1 v XR300

C00LhandNUK3

I just upgraded from the R1 to the XR300. For the last 4 months or so I've had no problems changing the geofilter settings on my R1 between games of BO4 on XBox (no restart of BO4 necessary). It was working like a charm. The XR300 doesn't seem to be as robust. Sometimes even when I don't change settings after starting BO4, I get servers/peer hosts outside my radius. I'm running firmware 1.0.3.34_10.3.27 on the XR300. with Filtering on, strict mode, ping assist = 0, no Fast search (same settings I used on the R1 with DumaOS).

Do the geofilters operate differently between the R1 and XR300? Any known reason why the geofilter on the XR300 isn't changeable post start or why it isn't as effective as the R1?

Thanks

Hi.

You do know you should only turn on the geo filter once your console has fully booted up and you are on your home screen? You should always wait 2 minutes before searching for a game also.

In theory the Geo-Filter should operate the same no matter where it's being used, but sometimes hardware specific bugs do crop up.

We do recommend restarting the game after changing settings. It varies from game to game, but usually a game will ping all servers on startup and use this to determine what's available.

If you change settings while the game is open, your new settings might place the radius outside of the previous region, where the game thinks there are no operational servers because it assumes that the scan it did at start up is still valid. Does that make sense?

7 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

Hi.

You do know you should only turn on the geo filter once your console has fully booted up and you are on your home screen? You should always wait 2 minutes before searching for a game also.

So, we shouldn’t leave Geo on during shutdown & bootup of game? 

15 minutes ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

So, we shouldn’t leave Geo on during shutdown & bootup of game? 

no, just enable filtering mode once the console has booted up, then turn on geo and then start game. That's how I do it on the xbox.

2 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

no, just enable filtering mode once the console has booted up, then turn on geo and then start game. That's how I do it on the xbox.

Cool, so every time before shutdown, I should uncheck filtering mode. Then once the game boots up, reenable filtering mode, wait 2 minutes-ish, then join lobby?

13 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

Hi.

I do know this. And when I first upgraded my R1 to DumaOS about a year ago, this was my SOP. But through experimentation, I learned that I could effectively change things between games. This came in handy when, for instance, a new player not on my white list joined our party. I could switch from Filtering to Spectating, then take off auto-ping and add the player to my white list. Next game, I could turn Filtering back on and all was right with the world.

So far on my XR300, I haven't been able to do this. Also, the XR300 seems to let in many more servers/players from outside my radius even when no settings are changed after startup. I was just curious as to why. I may go back to the R1.