Destiny 2 private instance.

Monty

Hi, 

I have installed the DumaOS on my R1, i am having an issue with Destiny 2. On the old geofilter i could set my home to somewhere in the ocean, drop the range to 111km and ping assist to 0, check strict mode and this would let me go into strikes, patrols, tower completely alone. No one could join and it was great for doing daily bounties without other peoples interference. Since i have installed the DumaOS i cannot make this work, i have added my ps4 to the geo-filter, set it as i did on the last os and it seems to do nothing, i matchmake into everything now and the geo filter shows people all over the world! I am in the UK.

Am i missing something? in other settings maybe.

Your help will greatly appreciated.

Just to add that after i posted this, with the above mentioned settings applied and filtering mode on my friend from Vienna joined my psn party and was able to hear and talk to me, the settings usually cause a nat issue and we cannot hear or talk to each other.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you show us a screenshot of the Geo-Filter Map when this happens please? 

Also do you have your friend added to your allow list? If so then that is normal behaviour.

Hi Fraser,

My friend was not on my allowed list, i tried it without adding him to see if we got the nat issue msg.

Added the screenshots as i was in the tower.

Screenshot_2019-06-29-15-27-33.png

Screenshot_2019-06-29-15-27-47.png

• Administrators

That's indicating that ping assist is active for some reason. Did you setup the Geo-Filter while you were already on the game and then search? 

Hard turn off the console, remove the device and then re-add and setup the Geo-Filter how you wish. Flush the cloud (if the box comes up saying took too long reload the page after a minute) then turn on the console and try searching.

Did that and it's the same, tried cloud flush twice both times gave the took too long mesage, geo filter is still showing all connected players in the uk. 

• Administrators

We are aware of an issue with Ping Assist and this looks to be it. We're already looking into it but I'll pass it on to the team as well. If you really need a private instance then may be worth downgrading

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 6:48 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

We are aware of an issue with Ping Assist and this looks to be it. We're already looking into it but I'll pass it on to the team as well. If you really need a private instance then may be worth downgrading

What firmware version would be best to downgrade to?

I've had the same thing happen to me on Destiny 2 with my R1 w/ the latest DumaOS. I was experimenting w/ Ping Assist, and after I was done I went to disable it and after doing so I noticed that the Geo-Filter was still showing "Ping Assist" symbols on the map. After a couple of restarts(I think?) and it went away. But any time I enable Ping Assist it happens again---so I don't use Ping Assist anymore. Didn't make a big diff for me anyways.

Edit: Just read all the replies and wanted to make it clear that I never had to do any downgrade/factory reset whatsoever. Just the typical flush cloud, reboot, unplug for a few sec, etc.

Edited by Antarcticbeef51

Just want to add to this that my son said he was playing Red dead redemption 2 online on his PS4 and he was being kicked from the game a lot, his PS4 is wired to the R1 but is not added to the geofilter. He said when he looked on google for help he saw a lot of posts regarding this issue on the R1 and the answer was to install the old O/S. I have done this and all is fine again. Saw a comment stating that it felt as if they were being governed by the geofilter even though it was not in use. My other son who is connected via wifi through the R1 had no issues whilst we were using the DumaOS.

Im happy to remain on the old OS for now and if you fix the issues in the DumaOS i will definitely give it another go, it is a beta after all and this post is to highlight the issues i have experienced whilst using it.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Monty said:

Just want to add to this that my son said he was playing Red dead redemption 2 online on his PS4 and he was being kicked from the game a lot, his PS4 is wired to the R1 but is not added to the geofilter. He said when he looked on google for help he saw a lot of posts regarding this issue on the R1 and the answer was to install the old O/S. I have done this and all is fine again. Saw a comment stating that it felt as if they were being governed by the geofilter even though it was not in use. My other son who is connected via wifi through the R1 had no issues whilst we were using the DumaOS.

Im happy to remain on the old OS for now and if you fix the issues in the DumaOS i will definitely give it another go, it is a beta after all and this post is to highlight the issues i have experienced whilst using it.

That is very odd, did he only experience it with that game? 

Yes Fraser, not sure what causes it but i do know the rdr2 servers are a bit glitchy anyway. It definitely improved when i changed back to the old os. He just told me that when it happened he was playing with a couple of his pals and their connections were fine for the few hours they were playing. Maybe worth noting that when it happened i had no devices added to the geofilter.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Azlios said:

Same has happened to my brother. Seems completely random but happened most when he was trying to do an online mission with his friend. He was on WiFi through the R1.

Had he added his friends to the allow list and was he using strict mode disabled?

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Had he added his friends to the allow list and was he using strict mode disabled?

friend wasn't in allow list but strict mode was off as it has to always be off as we play a lot of Destiny.