Destiny 2 private instance.

Monty

They did have a solid white ring around them until I blocked them.  They do not appear to be what allows someone else to connect.

The problem is I want to load into a private instance without being connected to anyone else.  This used to be possible, and according to some still is.  I don't want an advantage in comp, I want to be able to enter a game area on my own and not have others steal my kills.

• Administrators

Judging by your last picture this looks like the only thing that is remotely allowed and if they were whitelisted before you blocked them then they still will be after. With their hybrid system people can connect through the server to you. It used to be possible I remember but I don't think it is as common now with their new system.

1 minute ago, HOLGATES HERE said:

It's a bug where the firmware doesn't have the correct names in the menus. They should be the same as yours.

ahhh then I have no idea cause your graph looks identical to mine. Try closing the game completely then restarting it and then load up a few strikes and see what the result is.

Yeah, I was getting no crucible matches and empty tower, but still getting strike matches.  I think selecting the arctic may have helped.  The land mass highlights, so I wonder if it registers where you are clicking.  Whereas in the ocean it doesn't know where you have wet your location?

• Administrators

I think it is one of those things that will sometimes work but not every time, depends if players connect through the server to you. With the hybrid system you can't predict that. I don't think the landmass will make a difference to that as the Geo-Filter knows where the position is and there are no servers/players in either location.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:15 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I think it is one of those things that will sometimes work but not every time, depends if players connect through the server to you. With the hybrid system you can't predict that. I don't think the landmass will make a difference to that as the Geo-Filter knows where the position is and there are no servers/players in either location.

Works every time on the XR500 👍

32 minutes ago, Monty said:

Hi Holgates, so if i set my home on antarctica i can get destiny private instances on the new dumaos? 

Don't know about the R1, I have another mate who uses the R1 and says he gets private instances.

I'm in a discord with a load of guys who run lobby's for competitive PvP, so a lot of them use their routers exclusively for geo filtering.

I'll ask someone to double check it works on the latest firmware.

Edit: looks like azlios was using the R1, so maybe better tagging him 👍

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Hi Holgates, so if i set my home on antarctica i can get destiny private instances on the new dumaos? 

From my guy on discord:

"I just tested it. Loaded into a strike solo just fine. Same settings as I use for kill lobbies. Geo location to middle of Atlantic Ocean, zero ping, no strict mode, no fast search.

Firmware R1 2.1.3.29"

Looks like it should be working.