american players in EU lobbys

nunogsm

what is going on with the matchmaking in cod bo4 MP.

i live in portugal, i have my duma covering only portugal and spain, strick on, ping assist to zero. i always have great games when in the lobby i play agains portuguese our spanish players, but some times in my lobby i get american players, they lag every here, the bullets cant connect, many hit markers.

did you notice anything?

• Administrators

You can't affect how other people connect to the game, you can only use the Geo-Filter to ensure that you get on the closest game host. Even if there are players further away connecting to your server you should still have the advantage if you're closer.

10 hours ago, nunogsm said:

i live in portugal, i have my duma covering only portugal and spain, strick on, ping assist to zero. i always have great games when in the lobby i play agains portuguese our spanish players, but some times in my lobby i get american players, they lag every here, the bullets cant connect, many hit markers.

did you notice anything?

I mostly camp Texas USA servers and I can tell you that after every major mode change/update there is a period where new batch of server IP/IDs are added and matchmaking goes to crap fast.  It takes about a week for it to get sorted and even then it's iffy. I've played with people from all over the world in US servers.  So people specifically camp there geo-filter around countries further away to benefit from lag comp also. I'm not sure if that works but some people swear by it. 

15 hours ago, nunogsm said:

did you notice anything?

the problem with this game is the matchmaking and there are not many players online. thats why players from other countries get connected to your lobbies. e.g. i play on german servers but players from france are mostly joining my lobbies even though they have their own servers. its ridicolous and fucks up the game totally. thats why im gonna think twice if am going to buy another cod game ever again cause their coding is trash for years now

I just stumbled on a US server ping 150 ms ... 2 parts 70/5 kd on the 2 ! lag compensates or other but the joke this geofiltre on BO4 !!!!!

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

I just stumbled on a US server ping 150 ms ... 2 parts 70/5 kd on the 2 ! lag compensates or other but the joke this geofiltre on BO4 !!!!!

Could you put the ID in this form please and then we can correct the location 

On 6/12/2019 at 9:02 AM, Netduma Alex said:

I've had more problems during testing with blackout servers than i've had with other game types

I assume it's because they need so many people in one server at once

Which is ludicrous. The 40 man Alcatraz lobbies play so smooth also, on PC at least, when lobbies got down to 30-50 man lobbies on the regular, due to loss of player base,  it was way smoother than 100 man lobby. These jack A's are too dense to realize they are killing their own performance from day one with trying to match the player count of Fartnite. <---------<< not a typo