Cannot Connect To BO4 Servers - Neg. 345 Silver Wolf

Ted

I am currently unable to connect via my R1 running latest firmware. I have my R1 behind a Pace 5268AC router for AT&T Uverse service. I get very stable internet service, 100Mbs +. But a few weeks ago, I could not connect to the B04 servers at game boot up. My PS4 Pro shows it has a DHCP IP address within the R1 address range and it has internet connectivity just fine. But, upon launching B04, it will not complete the initial server authentication/registration, so B04 thinks its offline. No multiplayer or Blackout.

I am on a wired ethernet connection behind my AT&T gateway router. I have my PS4 set up within DMZ-plus mode. 

Every time I get a Negative 345 Silver Wolf error message from B04. Here is Activision's error code list: https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Error-Codes-in-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4/?l=en_US&c=Game_Title%3AAll&fs=Search&pn=1 Apparently this is related to not having the proper ports open.

If I plug my PS4 Pro directly into my AT&T gateway/router, bypassing no problem getting a connection to BO4.

The problem is all the ports are open and the R1 is a DMZ plus device on my ATT router - so it actually has an externally visible IP address. I used it this way previously for a few months and it worked just fine and something abruptly happened a couple weeks ago. No idea what because I didn't change anything. I did a factory reset, flushed the cloud, latest firmware, but nothing helps. It won't even connect if I put my PS4 in spectating mode on GeoFilter, which should give you an idea of how bad the problem is.

Any advice?

31 minutes ago, Ted said:

I am currently unable to connect via my R1 running latest firmware. I have my R1 behind a Pace 5268AC router for AT&T Uverse service. I get very stable internet service, 100Mbs +. But a few weeks ago, I could not connect to the B04 servers at game boot up. My PS4 Pro shows it has a DHCP IP address within the R1 address range and it has internet connectivity just fine. But, upon launching B04, it will not complete the initial server authentication/registration, so B04 thinks its offline. No multiplayer or Blackout.

I am on a wired ethernet connection behind my AT&T gateway router. I have my PS4 set up within DMZ-plus mode. 

Every time I get a Negative 345 Silver Wolf error message from B04. Here is Activision's error code list: https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Error-Codes-in-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4/?l=en_US&c=Game_Title%3AAll&fs=Search&pn=1 Apparently this is related to not having the proper ports open.

If I plug my PS4 Pro directly into my AT&T gateway/router, bypassing no problem getting a connection to BO4.

The problem is all the ports are open and the R1 is a DMZ plus device on my ATT router - so it actually has an externally visible IP address. I used it this way previously for a few months and it worked just fine and something abruptly happened a couple weeks ago. No idea what because I didn't change anything. I did a factory reset, flushed the cloud, latest firmware, but nothing helps. It won't even connect if I put my PS4 in spectating mode on GeoFilter, which should give you an idea of how bad the problem is.

Any advice?

hi Ted!

Try starting Bops4 with the geo filter disabled, put it in viewer mode for it, so when you start Bops4 you will not have problems with any server restriction and authenticate in all possible.

If you continue with the same problem, try the following:

Go to the Network setting tab that you will find on the right of the page, after the 2 boxes that appear in the left one at the top, click on Upnp and deactivate it, then head to Port forwarding, which is a bit more to the right of the Upnp tab and create a rule with the IP address of your Ps4, setting port 1 on the end and 65535 with the protocol for both Tcp and Udp, if the problem is ports, as it says and has placed the Ip of R1 in the Dmz of your router ATT with this should not have problems.

a greeting

Thanks. Actually, the R1 was set up on my ATT router for port forwarding of the BO4 TCP and UDP ports, even though it was behind by R1 which was DMZed. That was a remnant setting from before I had my R1 to allow open NAT. When I changed my ATT router settings to remove port forwarding to PS4 and just apply regular firewall that allowed it to connect. Not sure why opening all the Bo4 ports would matter or affect ability to connect, but apparently it did. All is good now.

Well, just a few hours later, the problem is cropping up again. Can't connect. PS4 is not in  DMZ, but NetDuma is.

I can't make the initial connection  to COD servers. The  network screen of BO4 shows my External IP address is 0.255.0.255, which is odd. Usually I am assigned an external IP address in the ATT range of 104.xxx.xxx.xxx. So that might be the problem. But, if I connect my PS4 directly to the ATT router, no problem connecting to COD servers. So for some reason  I am not getting an external IP address.

I tried disabling uPnP and port forwarding all TCP and UDP ports - no luck.

Any advice? 

19 hours ago, Ted said:

Thanks. Actually, the R1 was set up on my ATT router for port forwarding of the BO4 TCP and UDP ports, even though it was behind by R1 which was DMZed. That was a remnant setting from before I had my R1 to allow open NAT. When I changed my ATT router settings to remove port forwarding to PS4 and just apply regular firewall that allowed it to connect. Not sure why opening all the Bo4 ports would matter or affect ability to connect, but apparently it did. All is good now.

A while back I had a problem as well connecting to the game. I was using DNS for the router. Once I turned that off I've been good ever since. Not sure if your using dns at all but just thought I would throw that out there. Hope you figure out your issure!

10 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Have you tried to see if it works with the PS4 in the R1's DMZ?

How do I establish a DMZ for the R1? I can't find the firewall menu at all in Duma OS.

Oh i'm sorry I just remembered that the R1 doesn't actually support this functionality. Whoops.

I was about to suggest you forwarding all ports to the PS4 but you already did that apparently.

Give me a few minutes...

25 minutes ago, Ted said:

I forwarded all ports - no luck.

Please try to eliminate the geofilter rule from your ps4 and start Bops4, does it still give you the same problem?

• Administrators

If you test your connection on the PS4, what is your NAT status?

Trying to figure out if this is a console issue, or BO4 specific issue.

9 hours ago, titofuenla said:

Please try to eliminate the geofilter rule from your ps4 and start Bops4, does it still give you the same problem?

Tried spectator mode as well as just deleting the console. Same problem.

7 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

If you test your connection on the PS4, what is your NAT status?

Trying to figure out if this is a console issue, or BO4 specific issue.

Type 2 on PS4 network menu. Can't check NAT on B04 specifically because I can't get into multiplayer.

• Administrators

Someone had a similar issue on the Netgear forum and this is my response, please take a look and see if that'll resolve the issue:

Theres quite a few potential fixes located here from what I can see: https://community.callofduty.com/t5/Infinite-Warfare-Support/How-to-fix-error-code-32770/td-p/10078565
Recommend you take a look through, some are simple such as need to verify Sony email address or play a LAN game then quit then play online.

Well, I finally got the router set up to where my PS4 will connect to BO4. That is the good news. The not-so-good news is that I show a moderate NAT. Go figure! But at least I am connecting. And GeoFilter seems to be working.

I'm not sure what did the trick - I disabled uPnP and port forwarded all TCP and UDP ports to my PS4. I also put my R1 on the same subnet as my ATT gateway (ATT gateway internal IP address is 192.168.2.xxx and now R1 is 192.168.2.xxx). Or maybe it was just that the gremlin inside my R1 fell asleep or moved on.

Now I just need to figure out how to get open NAT. I have Type 2 on my PS4 console screen, but BO4 shows Moderate. That is odd because my R1 is in the DMZ and all the ports are forwarded for PS4. Might BO4 just be flashing an incorrect result?