13 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

We're aware of the fact that the Apex Legends server selection screen seemingly doesn't actually do anything. As for why you're not connecting to dedicated servers within your radius... I wonder if there's some authentication servers being blocked by accident? We should have all of them on a permanent whitelist but it's possible EA changed something and we haven't caught it yet.

Next time im on apex i will get a screenshot of my geo-filter and the ID's 

Last night it connected me to a server in US with a ping of 152ms...This was deffo not in my Radius ha ha. I have a few screenshots so i will get them upload to the site tonight.

Here are some pictures

This first image it connected me to a US Server even tho im in the UK

https://imgur.com/PCgMhfq

both of the pictures below were taken after i was kicked from the game and i could not get back in the game.

https://imgur.com/x5ipmnu

https://imgur.com/stcFD6r

https://imgur.com/NvAJGvT

Hmm, interesting. I think that the first picture shows you connecting to an authentication server. DumaOS will always allow authentication servers regardless of what rules you set.

We're looking into changing the way that authentication servers are displayed, because it can be pretty confusing, and can make it look like the geo-filter isn't working.

Apex Legends right now appears to have a lot of mislocated servers. For now I might recommend using Ping Assist with Apex Legends.

2 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Hmm, interesting. I think that the first picture shows you connecting to an authentication server. DumaOS will always allow authentication servers regardless of what rules you set.

We're looking into changing the way that authentication servers are displayed, because it can be pretty confusing, and can make it look like the geo-filter isn't working.

Apex Legends right now appears to have a lot of mislocated servers. For now I might recommend using Ping Assist with Apex Legends.

Is that a case of putting the geo filter in the middle of the ocean and making it tiny ?

7 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Yeah and turning ping assist up to your desired ping.

Yeah i tried that aswell and i was getting some very mixed requests. At one point it was connecting to anyone regardless of ping time. 

So yesterday i factory reset the router and its been working okay at the moment but i do still get the odd game where it will be in the US

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Dialatech said:

Yeah i tried that aswell and i was getting some very mixed requests. At one point it was connecting to anyone regardless of ping time. 

So yesterday i factory reset the router and its been working okay at the moment but i do still get the odd game where it will be in the US

We're looking into ping assist issues where its not always restricting so sounds like what you're experiencing, glad to hear it's working for the most part though.

On 5/3/2019 at 8:25 PM, Netduma Admin said:

The problem here is you are not blocking the connections outside of your radius when you boot up the game. You can tell this because all the servers have dotted rings around them.

The fix should be simple: set Ping Assist to 0 and make sure Strict Mode is enabled. Then reboot the game.

This should then fix your problem. We double checked yesterday and forced the Brazil server at bootup and we then were able to guarantee we only played on the Brazil server. If the game ever gave us a different server, the Geo-Filter would block it, so it was working great.

Let us know how you get on after making these changes.

I'm having the same prob just put up a post about it, with a few other issues too

On 5/25/2019 at 2:49 AM, Netduma Alex said:

Ping assist still doesn't stop my problem and geo filter doesn't. Always wants a server in Europe even after blocking it i never get a server that is near by

• 2 weeks later...

Apex Legends is even more broke now after the patch. I put set my Geo-filter to either filtered or spectate mode and i get matched with players in the US with pings over 140ms.

if i move the location to over the sea and make it tiny. I've set the ping assist limit to 30ms and i still get players from the US connecting. 

At this moment in time i cannot play this game due to lag 

• Administrators

I am also experiencing some issues with Apex Legends after the patch, I assume it is due to the patch & influx of players as it did just release yesterday, this is the same on ISP hub. I assume after a few days it will settle down. It is a server based game so you can't control what other players do and players can be put on your servers but this won't impact you as you'll have a good ping to the server.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I am also experiencing some issues with Apex Legends after the patch, I assume it is due to the patch & influx of players as it did just release yesterday, this is the same on ISP hub. I assume after a few days it will settle down. It is a server based game so you can't control what other players do and players can be put on your servers but this won't impact you as you'll have a good ping to the server.

i tried last night it was a mixed. same games i got a really good connection to the server but other games it was really bad.

Yea I’m getting no listed dedis now, all peer servers as well as being connected to Europe while I’m in Ohio.  Have plenty of dedicated servers at under 20 ping, but it still says I’m best off overseas atm.  Not sure what the hells going on, but it’s driving me nuts and even my teammates are skipping around my screen. 

6 hours ago, Sol0flyerz said:

If we could only trades servers we’d both be in good shape dialatech

Yeah we sure would be..Its been alot better for me over the last few days but 3 out of 10 games i will get connected to a US Server/peer.

There is a post on Reddit about the server issues and respawn said these will be fixed for when season 2 drops.

Good god I hope so, but I can’t say I’m all that convinced it will be at this point.  If servers were better I’d honestly play nothing else, when it worked this game was the most fun I’ve had gaming in some time.  That said it’s been a struggle to keep excited when like you said you may get lucky a couple games of ten server wise then add RNG to those and it’s rare to enjoy things as much as I was early on.  It’s so odd that so many games drop with servers that feel pretty decent on my end at least only to royally f them up not long after.  I’d normally think it’s more players joining, but that’s obviously not the case with apex as they hit their peak player counts so early on. 

12 hours ago, Sol0flyerz said:

Good god I hope so, but I can’t say I’m all that convinced it will be at this point.  If servers were better I’d honestly play nothing else, when it worked this game was the most fun I’ve had gaming in some time.  That said it’s been a struggle to keep excited when like you said you may get lucky a couple games of ten server wise then add RNG to those and it’s rare to enjoy things as much as I was early on.  It’s so odd that so many games drop with servers that feel pretty decent on my end at least only to royally f them up not long after.  I’d normally think it’s more players joining, but that’s obviously not the case with apex as they hit their peak player counts so early on. 

There seems to be quite alot of people getting the same issue we are having. There was a guy on reddit saying he loves in Brazil but he gets matched with players from Russia 

1 minute ago, Netduma Alex said:

Wow that's quite a jump

There is another player that said the following 

This explains why if I am from Ecuador I have been playing with a  squad of Spanish Players..

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Dialatech said:

ID - ab6d400b0a4a767b

This ID is showing in the US but i get a ping of 24ms. I'm in the UK....

Definitely mislocated then, could you put that in the form here please and we can fix that: