Bricked Netduma

Hi I was looking into how I can get support for my router. Was doing the downgrade from DumaOS where I don't think it worked properly and from there I haven't been able to access it since. Tried holding the button on the back to reset. No results. I've done the downgrade before and it's worked but this time it doesn't seem to be working. 

Doesn't show up on my network when plugged directly into PC. My network status just shows that's its trying to connect then stops. Then repeats. 

connect your pc to your R1 and open command prompt and type ipconfig then hit enter and make sure you can see your gateway address. You should be able to input that into your browser and open the web gui from there. I would also advise you clear your browser cache first before doing this.

unplug the router for 10 mins, then while you are holding in the reset button with a pin plug the power back in, hold for 10 seconds and release. Then try to access the router. If that does not work you will have to wait for a response from Netduma as it is possible you have broken your router.

• Administrators

Can you see Netduma R1 when you search for WiFi? The wireless password defaults to 'netdumar1' after a reset, so try this to connect.

If you connect your PC to the router (either wired or wireless), could you do this please:

1. Open your Windows Start Menu

2. Type in cmd and press enter

3. In the black window that opens, type in ipconfig  and press enter

4. Take a screenshot or a photo of the results that appear and post on this forum

Tried all previous suggestions, 

Seems to be the same. The router seems to be constantly restarting, the network adapter status bounces between "identifying" and "network cable unplugged"

The ipconfig seems to not show a connection to the router. note: when running ipconfig i was only connected to the router alone.

ipconfig.png

At the time of that screenshot the only thing plugged in was the router. 

Static IP would be a no for the PC and before i attempted to do the downgrade DHCP was on. But i couldn't tell you what it's at now as i can't access the router.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, MagCannon said:

At the time of that screenshot the only thing plugged in was the router. 

Static IP would be a no for the PC and before i attempted to do the downgrade DHCP was on. But i couldn't tell you what it's at now as i can't access the router.

So router connected to power and port 1/2 connected to your PC? It's specifying the hitron in the result and that theres a preferred IP which indicates it's communicating with the hitron or the PC wants to be connecting to the hitron. Could you post a screenshot of your network adapter page on the PC also on cmd prompt do ipconfig /release and enter then ipconfig /renew and then enter, then do ipconfig again and post the results please

Wasn't able to use the release command the first time, gave an error. Ended up just disabling and enabling the adapter. which gave these results.

The status of my adapter changes between the three screenshots.

ipconfig2.png

status1.PNG

status2.PNG

status3.PNG

• Administrators
On 4/27/2019 at 10:03 PM, BIG__DOG said:

Are you using ipv6? The R1 does not support ipv6 properly that i'm aware of unless that's changed, it looks from your screenshots that ipv6 is active, @Netduma Fraser do you agree?

Correct, could you disable IPv6 please. This is the cause of your problems, there's no reason to use IPv6 on LAN

results after disabling ipv6

core issue seems that regardless on either im not getting a gateway ip from the router. 

i know the rest of my equipment is fine as im using a different router and things are fine otherwise.

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

That IP address indicates it needs to be reset. Try that again, hold the button in the back for 20-30 seconds then let go, after a few seconds you should hear a beep if it worked. When did you purchase the router?

No luck on the reset. I don't even get the beep even from power cycling the router like it used to. 

I had purchased the router directly from the website. Just looking to see if I can get a date to confirm. 

Edit: January 2017