Wireguard Support

a new protocol implemented consumes lower resources and provides a better connection than open vpn. is it possible to implement Wireguard VPN

www.wireguard.com 

I doubt it, not yet as it is still under development!     https://restoreprivacy.com/wireguard/

@Netduma Admin @Netduma Fraser @Netduma Jack Can shed more light on this for you than I can but until it is fully developed and stable I personally wouldn't trust a half finished vpn with my data!

If you can get the openvpn config file then you can use the hybrid vpn feature to connect to that vpn with your username and password.

2019-03-14_LI.jpg

ye I know as it's new but Linus Trovalds talked about it. I have tested it myself it works like a charm. firstly, it doesn't consume any resources, lowe ping higher speed than any other protocol 

• 1 year later...

Interested in this. I would very much like to see Wireguard available in Hybrid VPN setup.  (I use NordVPN)   

I guess the other question I have is do the consumer routers on the market support this yet from a hardware & kernel standpoint.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, RJC said:

Interested in this. I would very much like to see Wireguard available in Hybrid VPN setup.  (I use NordVPN)   

I guess the other question I have is do the consumer routers on the market support this yet from a hardware & kernel standpoint.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As far as I can tell we have added support for this in the kernel now and will need to try and implement it with Hybrid VPN. Couldn't say whether other routers support it or not.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 7:24 AM, mohands said:

a new protocol implemented consumes lower resources and provides a better connection than open vpn. is it possible to implement Wireguard VPN

www.wireguard.com 

On 10/12/2021 at 9:56 AM, RJC said:

Just following up. Has Wireguard made it into DumaOS?

I think best bet would be to utilize the Hybrid VPN. The support is there for it and you can do plenty of tinkering to make it work with whatever kind of setup youre going for. Fraser is very good with that i myself have reached out a handful of times with questions on the hybrid vpn and ive been able to make it work everytime. If you wont mind what are you going for exactly?