Netduma behind EdgeRouter-X

AI_EXREYFOX

Hello everyone, i´m trying  to config. this 2 routers, if any one can share .
I want to use the SQM of Edge Router and the QOS and Geo-Filter of the Duma.

I have fiber 100D/100U Edge Router connected to a ONT

9 hours ago, WalkedDave said:

you first and immediate problem is the R1 does not support gigabit speeds that you have. The 2nd problem you have is that you cannot use competing QOS algorithms at the same time.

11 hours ago, WalkedDave said:

As Big__Dog stated,

You would have to disable the QOS of R1 i.e, Selecting Super Turbo in the miscellaneous if you are on Pre-DumaOS or Select "Never" in QOS of DumaOS on the R1. Again, know that you will not achieve any 'Full - Gigabit' speeds with R1 be it 1000U and 1000D, but 100U and 100D should be able to utilize with.

- Tray

@ Tray

Ok i will try..
Can limit brandwith on R1 with QOS off??

@ Tray
My r1 is update with duma os.
You have EdgeRouter as your main router and R1 as a 2º?

Destiny 2 work better  with 10D and 3U with FQ-Codel.
Imagin With Geo-Filter 🤩

Upgrade the router to the better router with DumaOS. Sell old router. Boom, problem solved lol. You actually can use QOS on two routers at once but it’s really weird. I did it with an Asus router plugged into the netduma R1 and I still got A-A+ But then sometimes it was worse. I’m assuming because devices connected to the netduma got priority since there was a much more direct connection and my laptop had to go through two QOS’s. But that’s no to say that if everything was attatched to the Asus it wouldn’t work. It would just be doubled up, might increase latency, but I never tested it that hard. Also you’re gonna run into double natting so if you choose to use the QOS on the edge router then make sure the netduma is in the DMZ of that one. Or you could forward all port ranges  to the netduma too I’m sure. There’s many ways to tackle the process. Now the other issue I’d see is that the edgerouter is going to process all packets the same (gaming with no higher priority ) because it’s looking at the R1 as a device that it’s applying QoS on which means that other traffic can still get ahead on the queue. All your devices are still going through the netduma and unless you can make sure the gaming packets go first somehow then really there’s no advantage. Again, you’re better off just using the R1 without QOS on and taking a slight loss of speeds which shouldn’t be more than the 200mbits, 800mbits throughput is still a sh**load. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, WalkedDave said:

@ Tray

Ok i will try..
Can limit brandwith on R1 with QOS off??

@ Tray
My r1 is update with duma os.
You have EdgeRouter as your main router and R1 as a 2º?

Destiny 2 work better  with 10D and 3U with FQ-Codel.
Imagin With Geo-Filter 🤩

I'd suggest you do ONT > R1 > EdgeRouter and utilise the R1 QoS but disable the EdgeRouter QoS as I believe that will give you the best online experience.

However, you can disable QoS in Anti-Bufferbloat's 3 line option menu. Once you've done that you will be unable to take advantage of any of the features on the QoS page so you wouldn't be able to limit bandwidth.

On 3/5/2019 at 1:48 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd suggest you do ONT > R1 > EdgeRouter and utilise the R1 QoS but disable the EdgeRouter QoS as I believe that will give you the best online experience.

However, you can disable QoS in Anti-Bufferbloat's 3 line option menu. Once you've done that you will be unable to take advantage of any of the features on the QoS page so you wouldn't be able to limit bandwidth.

sounds like a recipe for disaster