Sky Fibre Max

TEE-Y

• Administrators

Hi there - it should be straightforward. Just unplug the power from your XR500 and then connect the XR500 into your Sky router. It should automatically grab a new WAN IP from the Sky router, which will enable Internet.

There are then two optional steps you might want to do:

1. Turn the Sky Router's WiFi off, so just the XR500 handles your wireless. You do this from the Sky router's admin panel. I think the way you access this is through 192.168.0.1 and the login details are admin and sky (as the password). But ask the engineer when they're installing everything and they can confirm
  2. To get an Open NAT you may need to put the XR500 in your Sky router's DMZ. To do this, go to System Information in DumaOS and look for your WAN IP (do this when it's plugged into the Sky router). Then go into the Sky router and look for the DMZ option - put the WAN IP in there. I'm not sure where the DMZ option is off the top of my head, but ask the engineer or Google!

Hope that all makes sense

Hi, thanks for the fast reply and it makes perfect sense. All I ask is as I’m currently connected to BT with the xr500 do I have to do the setup wizard again or will DumaOS instantly recognise I’m connected to a different connection and automatically log me in to the dumaos (skip the part we’re I have to put in login details as I’m aware Sky doesn’t give you access to those)? 

I will be taking delivery of my XR500 today and I'm currently on Sky Fibre. I will be using the setting without the Sky router but just an external modem - Vigor 130. I will try and make a quick and simple tutorial if I get it working.

Speaking from experience you do not need to use the Sky router, you would just need to purchase an external modem such as a Draytek Vigor 130 (what I use) and input the username and password for Sky fibre which will be in a tutorial, this eliminate double NAT also. Watch this space.

• Administrators
On 2/15/2019 at 9:49 PM, TEE-Y said:

Hi, thanks for the fast reply and it makes perfect sense. All I ask is as I’m currently connected to BT with the xr500 do I have to do the setup wizard again or will DumaOS instantly recognise I’m connected to a different connection and automatically log me in to the dumaos (skip the part we’re I have to put in login details as I’m aware Sky doesn’t give you access to those)? 

Apologies, thought I had replied to this. Best thing to do is switch your XR500 off then back on again with it connected to your new modem. Should work fine after that. 

A last resort would be factory resetting and doing a fresh setup of your XR500, but it shouldn't come to that. https://kb.netgear.com/000053098/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-router

23 minutes ago, WelshReaper said:

I'm running this exact setup but I'm finding with it is that I'm getting full speed with WiFi but every ethernet port on the xr500 is only outputting 50% bandwidth 

Are you able to test using an external non Sky setup, meaning if you own an external modem such as an BT Openreach modem and try that way? However you would need to enter in the

DHCP Options under "Internet Setup" a username such as: username@skydsl|12345678 this should work if not, you would need to get the broadband port MAC from the Sky router off back

of the router and enter for the "router mac in XR500" XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX and then user the router mac as the username in this format (X being numbers and letters no spaces)

xxxxxxxxxxxx@skydsl|12345678

You want to do it in order so you don't get any connection problems on your line.

1. Disconnect All Equipment.

2. Remove Sky Router trash.

3. First connect a non Sky equipment based modem, such as an Openreach or Vigor 130

4. Let the line sync.

5. Connect the XR500 router to your PC/Laptop - Disconnect anything else.

6. Input the settings I have instructed.

7. Apply settings and should look like this:
My XR500 Setup for External Modem Use

8. Power down XR500, connect the Ethernet to the WAN port from the external modem then switch your router on, X500.

That should give you all your bandwidth.

I have the username and password in the option 61 as u shown above but Cant see it being the vigor 130modem or the xr500 sync because on WiFi I'm hitting 56mbs+  and if I load the xr500 up I can hit max bandwidth aswell but on any device which is connected to a ethernet port I'm only getting 25 mb when I'm guaranteed 56 minimum and that's with no load on the router 

Screenshot_20190219_141329_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, WelshReaper said:

Haven't got a pc screenshot but can put one up when I get home. I've factory reset my router and have qos disabled to try and correct my bandwidth 

Could potentially be the network card inside the device being unable to handle those speeds, or your Ethernet Cable being faulty / unable to reach those speeds. If you disable QoS in the Anti-Bufferbloat submenu do you get full wired speeds?

I've ordered new cables to try so I'll do that tomorrow but other than that I'm stuck. As u can see on WiFi everything is great which means that the settings with the modem, geofilter and buffer bloat should be kk. Time on pc plays up but all photos was taken 5 mins apart from each other 

• Administrators

Well I can see a discrepancy between your DSL Reports photos, they're using different servers for the tests. I wouldn't advise using DSLReports in general. Just use speedtest.net, make sure you're using the same server every time, do you still see slower speeds through ethernet?