Aaarrrgghhh Allow/Deny

Happy New Year guys best of 2019 to you all.

Anyway a New Year but sadly same old shite. Time to give up and move back to my wrt1900ac!!

So the first post about allow/deny was April 2018 as I wasn't sure it was working, after months of putting up with getting put back into servers/players that had been denied I put up another query in October 2018.

Again November 2018

And again today Jan 2019!!

Almost 9 months and after having just moved home I have managed to get my new desk and gaming setup sorted, to find I go on for a game and it puts me straight into a denied server, I know this as I tag the really bad ones 'Fucking Shite' in capitals so I don't miss it, due to previous experience of this not working. So I decide to play it as new home, new line etc, but nope it lived up to its tag!!

So when is this going to actually get sorted, I am planning on putting the xr500 back into its box tomorrow or day after (box is in the loft) and was wondering wether to put it in the loft, if its gonna be a long term wait, or in the small storage cupboard I have beside my setup if a fix is due out shortly.

Shame really after how well the original R1 fared.

• Administrators

I think someone else discovered that it does now work but any ones that were previously allowed/denied wouldn't have the fix take affect so would advise making sure you're on the latest version then removing all the entries and add them again when you encounter them and should take effect from then on

Nope defo not working, full factory reset and still putting into games which have been denied.

Noticed as well that sometimes it would not auto ping host, just say there is no host to ping, so I unticked that feature just to ping that host/server in that game it was also from the denied list, don't know if its tied with the issue.

Attached pic

image.thumb.png.aad188c6e3bc7bcd0fe02c5913a91618.pngatta

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd plug the xr500 back in again......what a disaster!!!

Knew the allow deny wasn't working when I factory reset again tonight, which I don't think reseting regularly can be a good thing, to start all over with a fresh slate and still when I hit deny nothing happened, at least with the R1 it would kick you out of the game, so you knew for def it was working.

Putting me back into denied games, will this ever work? Is there a possible update on when it would be workable?

image.thumb.png.a9e03ce87453a512aca5fce2f2322bf2.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 00.16.15.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 20.38.05.png

I tried this last night, Put ring over France, as when I do get a decent server its there, put ping assist down to 0, and tbh I thought it was working but low and behold up it came again, a nicely tagged dedicated server, that had been denied, buy end of session keeping same settings a denied connection came up a few times.

On the R1 it was good as you knew for definite it was working, you got kicked out of the lobby, I wish the DumaOS would do that, but it doesn't!

Surely ping assist shouldn't be able to override the deny list? The Allow/Deny should have overriding say on wether a connection to a server/peer should be allowed. Thats how I thought it worked.

Anyway either or it didn't matter as it didn't work, as it still put me into a denied connection!

Could it be!!!!

Seems like the Allow/Deny is now working, but if you have any servers/peers on your list, it will still put you to them but if you hit Deny again it now puts a line through the icon and you get kicked from the game.

Only just seen this tonight after going on after a week away working, so hopefully its not just a placebo effect from something else, noticed though it doesn't seem to affect peers!!

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 22.29.15.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 23.00.59.png

Yeah blocked peers seem to still get through, though tad early to really say, will do some testing.

Dedicated actually kicks out and like pics say puts a slash through icon, so delighted

will let you know if peers is still playing up

Now its back to normal!!!

Wont deny anything and puts me into previous denied games again, difference now is that when I was getting the deny to work and then kicked out of games like old R1, the denied one would get the slash through it, like pics posted here on Thursday.

Now it just puts a circle of dots around the icon, doesn't kick me out of game, and has tried to put me back into denied games......aaarrrggghh

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 20.27.03.png

I have been fiddling about with it and it seems that the allow/deny works when ping assist is set to 0

If its on a normal setting like 20/30 or whatever your ping is etc its like the ping assist over-rides the allow/deny. 

I think its also stops it from adding a deny to the list, as every time I have denied a connection with ping assist on, it surrounds the icon with white dots but doesn't actually block the connection, whereas when the ping assist is set to 0 it blocks and kicks me out of the game.

Just a little info on what I have experienced tonight, could be a placebo effect or something a bit more!! 

I do admit though, networking/technology is not a strong point.

34 minutes ago, progprogprog said:

I am finding that as long as the text says dedi and not p2p, it will disconnect you from the game when you deny it but, it's not working fully as servers I have banned i am still connected to

p2p games such as Advanced warfare,blackops e.t.c are not being block at all

Must admit never noticed the text, will keep an eye open for that one now.

On 2/3/2019 at 2:07 AM, progprogprog said:

E.g

20190203_021010.jpg

Yeah I've seen that before but haven't made the link between dedicated and peer when it comes to disconnecting from game when denying, but will be looking again when I get back.

Cheers for the info and clarification though 

• Netduma Staff
On 1/31/2019 at 11:28 PM, Guilders said:

Yeah blocked peers seem to still get through, though tad early to really say, will do some testing.

Dedicated actually kicks out and like pics say puts a slash through icon, so delighted

will let you know if peers is still playing up

Sometimes blocking a dedi will kick you and other times not. I don't think it's a fault with the Deny feature, rather a phenomenon of the servers themselves. I'd have to ask the developers though, it gets super complicated :L