Netduma makes no difference ; ah wrong

Direink144

Annoyed with my gameplay I shelved the R1 for a few hours. Lord knows where the servers I was on were located but cripes all mighty the lag was near unplayable. Juiced up the R1 and the diff was like night and day. Sometimes I question its validity , especially with this current game , but for those unbelievers just do the test.

No. It's terrible. Last night, at least I was getting decent to good lobbies. Steady 2+KD. Now I cannot even get 1kd. Die instantly. People rubber banding everywhere. It's a disaster. My point was, if its this bad with duma how much worse could it get. 

Game was showing moderate nat even though open on xbox. Now its showing open in game and playing like crap. Coincidence? I don't know.

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So now its playing really well with the r1? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Foedus Gratiae said:

No. It's terrible. Last night, at least I was getting decent to good lobbies. Steady 2+KD. Now I cannot even get 1kd. Die instantly. People rubber banding everywhere. It's a disaster. My point was, if its this bad with duma how much worse could it get. 

Game was showing moderate nat even though open on xbox. Now its showing open in game and playing like crap. Coincidence? I don't know.

Sorry I was directing that at dire but I get your point, thats good the R1 is helping. Game is still new so I have hope

On 11/21/2018 at 10:16 PM, Foedus Gratiae said:

People rubber banding everywhere. It's a disaster. My point was, if its this bad with duma how much worse could it get.

There's something seriously wrong with BO4, on Xbox at least.
It doesn't seem to have any smoothing or prediction (or interpolation?) so, rather than smooth out a players' movement, it seems to emphasise any lag even more.

BO4 is so bad that I see people lag in ways that I've never seen before. There's the usual teleporting and rubberbanding, there's the 'pause' lag where they just freeze on the spot and then you're dead. And there's this weird stuttering lag were players seem to be missing half (if not 90%) of their frames of animation - this one is virtually every single game, and around half the players will have this. Then there's some strange pausing-fast-forward lag where people move at least twice as fast as they should with some freezing thrown in for good measure.

It's horrible, a nasty disappointing mess ever since they switched to 60hz. It was shaping up to be a brilliant CoD but if they don't sort this then it will just be remembered as the CoD with the worst connection, the worst frame rate, the most annoying 150 health sponging, the stupid dog and the shotgun with the anti-aim-assist torch.

How much worse can it get...
While I was testing between different DumaOS firmwares (and 1.03.6 OG firmware), I also tried playing straight from my modem - I don't know what servers I ended up on but it was a long long way from home and it was horrible.

On 11/24/2018 at 8:20 PM, ColonicBoom said:

There's something seriously wrong with BO4, on Xbox at least.
It doesn't seem to have any smoothing or prediction (or interpolation?) so, rather than smooth out a players' movement, it seems to emphasise any lag even more.

BO4 is so bad that I see people lag in ways that I've never seen before. There's the usual teleporting and rubberbanding, there's the 'pause' lag where they just freeze on the spot and then you're dead. And there's this weird stuttering lag were players seem to be missing half (if not 90%) of their frames of animation - this one is virtually every single game, and around half the players will have this. Then there's some strange pausing-fast-forward lag where people move at least twice as fast as they should with some freezing thrown in for good measure.

It's horrible, a nasty disappointing mess ever since they switched to 60hz. It was shaping up to be a brilliant CoD but if they don't sort this then it will just be remembered as the CoD with the worst connection, the worst frame rate, the most annoying 150 health sponging, the stupid dog and the shotgun with the anti-aim-assist torch.

How much worse can it get...
While I was testing between different DumaOS firmwares (and 1.03.6 OG firmware), I also tried playing straight from my modem - I don't know what servers I ended up on but it was a long long way from home and it was horrible.

Well said mate! I'm not british I just wanted to say that! Really though you are spot on with everything you said. I'm in construction and needless to say when I build something I'm my biggest critic. All I really want is my customers to be like its beautiful and we love it. Where in the world has this gone from everything. I know I'm getting to deep probably. But the point I'm trying to get across is why don't these ppl want to make a game that everyone enjoys and try to make it fun for everyone? Wouldn't you listen to criticism to a certain degree and try to make a kick ass game? Aren't the devs of cod gamers themselves? WTF I'm I missing something here? If I was on the dev team I would test the game and be like, dude this needs a lot of work. We need to fix this this and this and then we will retest. Where is the pride in your work? I just don't get it. I think when they (activision) puts out a game (and usually treyarch nails it!) their just like change a couple things here and there and boom done! My god ya'll have been making this fing game for 10-15 years you would think you have the drill down by now. Cod was the only game that got me play vids (MW2 days) for 12-16 hrs straight. Thats frickin ridiculous. Honestly, I don't think they care anymore. It's an easy million billion dollars to their company EVERY year. The only way I which will be hard to do is not buy the game anymore until they buck up and actually try to make a good game again.  

I will add on to this and say that I totally agree. 

This game has the worst type of lag/stutter there is at the moment. I played cod ww2 last night with the XR500 and it was buttery smooth. For those saying it is netduma doing, best believe it is not. The blame goes to the game itself. They have not resolved their servers issues and they got busted for changing the HZ with their pants down. The game is still in beta mode and until they fix the stuff we just have to deal with it but by no means is the router or netduma to blame. Keep up the great work guys!