Best comcast modem to buy to pair with netduma R1

Sewn

Can someone give me a suggestion of the best comcast compatible modem available that I can buy to pair with the Netduma R1?

Arris TM722G or TM822G both work fine for me.

Currently I have the motorola sbg6580.  It is a modem and router in 1.  I was thinking of using it in bridge mode but I heard it is best to use a modem and router seperately.   I am trying to be "at fault" here with my games when I do poorly .  Currently in my setup for COD on PS4 I have a benq gaming monitor (10 ms input lag), cinch gaming controller with kontrol freeks, and astro a40s.  I want to get this router but I want to make sure i will get the best results I can with a modem when i get the netduma r1.

I use the SB6141 on my comcast.  I also have a Nighthawk hooked up to the Duma in Access Point mode for 5G wireless

So more of less I just have to buy the netduma r1 and I can still use my modem/router just in bridge mode?

So more of less I just have to buy the netduma r1 and I can still use my modem/router just in bridge mode?

I recommend buying your own modem if possible.

1. Comcast runs their Xfinity wifi off of your current modem's connection even if you have the wifi turned off

2. It cuts the $10 rental fee from your bill and in less than a year with most modems being <120$ that pays for itself.

3. It's only a modem and it works better than putting it into bridge mode.

I recently bought a refurb TM822G on ebay and I'm using it right now with my R1 and it works great.

If you plan on buying your own just double check at your local comcast OFFICE (do not call up) if you can own your own modem in your area.

i've been having issues with SB6183 + netduma combo. i'm not really sure but since i switched to R1 last week, i've had to power cycle my SB6183 multiple times.

my setup is: SB6183 -> Netduma R1-> Asus RT-AC66U

i'm going to try: SB6183 -> Asus RT-AC66U -> Netduma R1 and see if there's any difference. i didn't have any issues until I started using R1.

Since i still have SB6141, i'm going to see switching the modem makes any difference

I would switch to the SB6141. There is a bug with the 6183. Arris / Motorola has not sent out a patch to fix it as of yet. Look up Buffering and Latency here in the forum here. Not much else you could do. My ISP is Cox and they sent me a different modem, a Netgear CM400 which I haven't had any problems.

i've ran all the speedtest to spending same amount of login to Destiny Crucible XboxOne on CM500, SB6183, and SB6141.

the number of disconnect was the highest on 6141, 6183 then CM500.

when i removed R1, all the connection issues i've been having went away. i guess that's expected for getting a router in an infant stage.

• Administrators

Hi OneZero,

Are you talking about disconnects from Destiny the game or other computers disconnecting from the Internet?

If its Destiny its a completely different issue and we can help you. If its the Internet its most likely the modem. Either way I can point you in the right direction just clarify for me please. Thanks :)

Hi OneZero,

Are you talking about disconnects from Destiny the game or other computers disconnecting from the Internet?

If its Destiny its a completely different issue and we can help you. If its the Internet its most likely the modem. Either way I can point you in the right direction just clarify for me please. Thanks :)

thanks!

the issue has been disconnect from from streaming on iOS devices and not just xbox live. I do play more Destiny than CoD but still the result. after switching to Asus and removing R1, i don't have these disconnection issue. I did try out the setup you guys have posted for Destiny and still no change. for CoD & BF, I didn't see much change either.

Archived