Best comcast modem to buy to pair with netduma R1

Sewn

• Administrators

Are you playing streaming/playing through a wireless connection to the R1? If so untick the Wifi workaround in settings > miscellaneous. Can you take a picture of the very top of the Geo-filtering page as well as a picture of the actual Geo-filter so we can see the settings you're using please.

I have comcast as well and i just ordered my Netduma. wil be here tomorrow however i have  extreme 105 with 105 down and 20 up. i have the router/modem combo gateway model.  Will this work good in bridge mode?

Make & Model:   Arris Interactive, L.L.C. tg862g    

CjjccMN.jpg

Yes that should be absolutely fine One :)

Thanks!  It seems like people think i need to buy a seperate modem. i can enable bridge mode and disable the xfinity wifi hotspot as well. that should make it a normal modem i would think. 

• Administrators

The only real reason I would say buy a new one is if your current one is absolutely awful/is one of the ones we have identified has an issue. Otherwise I can't foresee there would be much of a problem. 

The only real reason I would say buy a new one is if your current one is absolutely awful/is one of the ones we have identified has an issue. Otherwise I can't foresee there would be much of a problem. 

Great to hear. well will use this modem once it comes and see how it all works and if any issue then i will replace. But i havent had any issues out of my modem/router combo for the most part. gives me speeds i pay for etc. 

• Administrators

Great to hear. well will use this modem once it comes and see how it all works and if any issue then i will replace. But i havent had any issues out of my modem/router combo for the most part. gives me speeds i pay for etc. 

Sounds like the best plan I think :)

Anyone know if the arris cm820 works well with the duma r1?

I use the TM822G which looks to be the same exact modem as the cm820 except the cm820 does not have the built in phone jack for voip service so yes it should work without a problem.

Are you playing streaming/playing through a wireless connection to the R1? If so untick the Wifi workaround in settings > miscellaneous. Can you take a picture of the very top of the Geo-filtering page as well as a picture of the actual Geo-filter so we can see the settings you're using please.

sorry i haven't replied. i've been busy with work >.<

i'm not using wireless connection to play PC or my Console. My wifi set up is Modem-> R1 -> Asus (AP mode)

i will take a screen shot and send it to you.

85ZS0Rm.png

• Administrators

Are you having anything show up when getting disconnected on the Geo-filter as with strict off this shouldn't happen however we may have identified a server that causes this. If you are can you get the ID of the host please.

Archived