Jump to content
TG3NOC1D3

Geo-Filter not working for PC BO4

Recommended Posts

So i followed the DumaOS guide and set my gaming pc device type to a "PS4" as suggested by the DumaOS Optimal settings guide and i'm still not seeing any servers nor am i seeing the blocked servers. Any thoughts on how to remedy this? I may try setting my device type to a Xbox instead and see if that helps. Any suggestions welcome, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My PC is set for xbox live in geo,  when in BO4 dashboard pc or console  i will reboot the R1. 

This has worked for me so far a straight start up is a non runner atm with the geo, so i need a reboot to kick in when geo settings are set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sncjez said:

My PC is set for xbox live in geo,  when in BO4 dashboard pc or console  i will reboot the R1. 

This has worked for me so far a straight start up is a non runner atm with the geo, so i need a reboot to kick in when geo settings are set.

Roger that, I'll give it a go and report back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no dice on getting the Geo-Filter to work. I'm gonna try a different game on PC and maybe another call of duty on my console to see if this is an isolated event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Bump- So far the geo-filter is working on my PS4 very well for COD WW2 and Fortnite as well. It looks like this is a PC based issue, hopefully someone can give some insight on getting the geo-filter to work on PC for BO4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you delete your PC from the Geo-Filter, go back to the Network Map, change it back to a PC then try re-adding your PC again. This time use the CoD (PC) service. Does it work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Could you delete your PC from the Geo-Filter, go back to the Network Map, change it back to a PC then try re-adding your PC again. This time use the CoD (PC) service. Does it work?

I'll try this when i get off work today and report back. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2018 at 3:38 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Could you delete your PC from the Geo-Filter, go back to the Network Map, change it back to a PC then try re-adding your PC again. This time use the CoD (PC) service. Does it work?

Alright so i tried this and i see only a p2p server populate when i search locally. However when i go to use spectating mode i don't see the different servers like what is shown on photos on the guides. Anything else i could try?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Alright so i tried this and i see only a p2p server populate when i search locally. However when i go to use spectating mode i don't see the different servers like what is shown on photos on the guides. Anything else i could try?

The photos and guides you've probably seen relate to previous CoD titles... Black Ops 4 is a whole different ball game, since they've changed the way the online setup works. If you played a previous CoD title you'd see the kinds of results you'd expect - lots of blocked and allowed servers. With Black Ops 4 you'll see a lot less going on - the game will likely connect you to a server (hence why you only see the one server) and there'll be less items on the map appearing blocked.

Are you able to connect to that server when you've limited your radius size? Effectively that's what you want - you want a local server, so it sounds positive if that's what you're getting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it won't show all the dedicated servers on the map? Because I don't see any of them even in spectate mode. When I limited my radius it did work but it was a peer server which may have actually been dedicated? I'll be doing a full modem reboot and checking my configs to be sure everything is working properly. Thanks for all the tips and responses!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

So it won't show all the dedicated servers on the map? Because I don't see any of them even in spectate mode. When I limited my radius it did work but it was a peer server which may have actually been dedicated? I'll be doing a full modem reboot and checking my configs to be sure everything is working properly. Thanks for all the tips and responses!

It should still show everything when you boot up the game but when you search it might not always show blocked servers/players especially in Blackout. If it doesn't show everything on boot up then it's unlikely to work correctly at the time. I've posted a few suggestions which may help:

Port forwarding: 

It has been suggested by others to leave the Geo-Filter on Spectating Mode with your Geo-Filter settings done. Then boot up the game. When you're in the lobby then enable Filtering Mode. Wait 2 minutes then search for a game, hopefully from there you can leave it as is and continually get games within your settings ranges. 

Another use suggestion: 

  • Put duma in spectating mode
  • Put home in the ocean
  • Set PA to 3-5ms higher than your base ping
  • Boot game to where your find a match
  • Turn on filter mode
  • Find a match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for some reason when i use PA, i have it set to 40ms and less, yet i keep connecting to the california dedicated server which i ping to at 55ms. I have strict mode on, any ideas on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have Fast Search checked too? I check it if you want it to be stricter. 

The only other explanation would be the server is going up and down in ping - so it’s below 40ms at first but then can go above it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...