Geo-Filter not working for PC BO4

TG3NOC1D3

So i followed the DumaOS guide and set my gaming pc device type to a "PS4" as suggested by the DumaOS Optimal settings guide and i'm still not seeing any servers nor am i seeing the blocked servers. Any thoughts on how to remedy this? I may try setting my device type to a Xbox instead and see if that helps. Any suggestions welcome, thanks!

My PC is set for xbox live in geo,  when in BO4 dashboard pc or console  i will reboot the R1. 

This has worked for me so far a straight start up is a non runner atm with the geo, so i need a reboot to kick in when geo settings are set.

12 minutes ago, sncjez said:

My PC is set for xbox live in geo,  when in BO4 dashboard pc or console  i will reboot the R1. 

This has worked for me so far a straight start up is a non runner atm with the geo, so i need a reboot to kick in when geo settings are set.

Roger that, I'll give it a go and report back.

-Bump- So far the geo-filter is working on my PS4 very well for COD WW2 and Fortnite as well. It looks like this is a PC based issue, hopefully someone can give some insight on getting the geo-filter to work on PC for BO4.

• Administrators

Could you delete your PC from the Geo-Filter, go back to the Network Map, change it back to a PC then try re-adding your PC again. This time use the CoD (PC) service. Does it work?

16 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Could you delete your PC from the Geo-Filter, go back to the Network Map, change it back to a PC then try re-adding your PC again. This time use the CoD (PC) service. Does it work?

I'll try this when i get off work today and report back. Thanks!

On 11/4/2018 at 3:38 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Alright so i tried this and i see only a p2p server populate when i search locally. However when i go to use spectating mode i don't see the different servers like what is shown on photos on the guides. Anything else i could try?

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

Alright so i tried this and i see only a p2p server populate when i search locally. However when i go to use spectating mode i don't see the different servers like what is shown on photos on the guides. Anything else i could try?

The photos and guides you've probably seen relate to previous CoD titles... Black Ops 4 is a whole different ball game, since they've changed the way the online setup works. If you played a previous CoD title you'd see the kinds of results you'd expect - lots of blocked and allowed servers. With Black Ops 4 you'll see a lot less going on - the game will likely connect you to a server (hence why you only see the one server) and there'll be less items on the map appearing blocked.

Are you able to connect to that server when you've limited your radius size? Effectively that's what you want - you want a local server, so it sounds positive if that's what you're getting!

So it won't show all the dedicated servers on the map? Because I don't see any of them even in spectate mode. When I limited my radius it did work but it was a peer server which may have actually been dedicated? I'll be doing a full modem reboot and checking my configs to be sure everything is working properly. Thanks for all the tips and responses!

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

So it won't show all the dedicated servers on the map? Because I don't see any of them even in spectate mode. When I limited my radius it did work but it was a peer server which may have actually been dedicated? I'll be doing a full modem reboot and checking my configs to be sure everything is working properly. Thanks for all the tips and responses!

It should still show everything when you boot up the game but when you search it might not always show blocked servers/players especially in Blackout. If it doesn't show everything on boot up then it's unlikely to work correctly at the time. I've posted a few suggestions which may help:

Port forwarding: 

It has been suggested by others to leave the Geo-Filter on Spectating Mode with your Geo-Filter settings done. Then boot up the game. When you're in the lobby then enable Filtering Mode. Wait 2 minutes then search for a game, hopefully from there you can leave it as is and continually get games within your settings ranges. 

Another use suggestion: 

• Put duma in spectating mode
  • Put home in the ocean
  • Set PA to 3-5ms higher than your base ping
  • Boot game to where your find a match
  • Turn on filter mode
  • Find a match

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Do you have Fast Search checked too? I check it if you want it to be stricter. 

The only other explanation would be the server is going up and down in ping - so it’s below 40ms at first but then can go above it.