BenQ RL2755HM gaming monitor

liloffshore

So, I ordered this monitor and I'm waiting for it to come in. I currently play on a 32" Samsung and feel like I lose gunfights that I shouldn't. ( I do have a Netduma router) A clan member of mine bought a monitor about a week ago and he is slaying people in COD AW on xbox one. He says he feels like he see's people around corners first and wins gun fights most of the time even when being shot first. 30+ kills in TDM. My question is how does it give you an advantage over TV users. Monitor has 10 ms display lag and 1ms GTG response time.

If anyone has some clips showing things such as winning corner or fights they shouldn't due to using a monitor, feel free to link them.

Do you know what the delay is on your Samsung? I have switched to a Gaming Monitor and my game to a huge jump in quality, as for winning gunfights, well, for me it's now skill (as to before, the dealy was effecting me) I went from a Samsung 58" Plasma (unknown delay) to a Hanns-G 25" (4ms delay) and now am on a Samsung Monitor (4ms Delay) but will hand that off to my kid when I have the funds for a BenQ RL2755HM which has a 1ms.

Even the BenQ GL2760H is nice but 1 HDMI port vs the 2 on the RL, as well as a 2ms vs 1ms on the RL, but it's a big difference in cost (209 vs 279 for the RL) on NewEgg 

Last thing Ill add, at 47, if I could aim, there would be a ton of Dead M....... LOL

Ottoman

Do you know what the delay is on your Samsung? I have switched to a Gaming Monitor and my game to a huge jump in quality, as for winning gunfights, well, for me it's now skill (as to before, the dealy was effecting me) I went from a Samsung 58" Plasma (unknown delay) to a Hanns-G 25" (4ms delay) and now am on a Samsung Monitor (4ms Delay) but will hand that off to my kid when I have the funds for a BenQ RL2755HM which has a 1ms.

Even the BenQ GL2760H is nice but 1 HDMI port vs the 2 on the RL, as well as a 2ms vs 1ms on the RL, but it's a big difference in cost (209 vs 279 for the RL) on NewEgg 

Last thing Ill add, at 47, if I could aim, there would be a ton of Dead M....... LOL

Ottoman

The display lag is 40ms on my Samsung TV.

Huge Jump from 40 to 4 on a Gaming Monitor, or in this case 40ms to 1ms. I will make a huge difference, I was about a .65-75 depending on which COD it was, to 1.08 and rising even still in AW with the Gaming Monitor.

My .02

Huge Jump from 40 to 4 on a Gaming Monitor, or in this case 40ms to 1ms. I will make a huge difference, I was about a .65-75 depending on which COD it was, to 1.08 and rising even still in AW with the Gaming Monitor.

My .02

That's my display lag....I'm not sure what the response time.

:) I was saying Das was getting response and input lag mixed up it seem's

My main question is how does it help in FPS games like AW? My buddy says huge difference and he can't explain. (SMH) It apparently it helps because how his KD is drastically improving on AW. My KD went from 1.03 to 1.08 in five days using Netduma so I'm anxious to see how the monitor helps.

My main question is how does it help in FPS games like AW? My buddy says huge difference and he can't explain. (SMH) It apparently it helps because how his KD is drastically improving on AW. My KD went from 1.03 to 1.08 in five days using Netduma so I'm anxious to see how the monitor helps.

Zennon is right, but I hope the article helps, Still going from 40MS on your TV to what is going to be a 10 with the BenQ will help. I will also state that the lack of head movement helps as I see everything quicker vs moving my head. Plus at my prestige (Master Lvl 3) upping your KD is not easliy done, 1 was 1.05 2 prestiges ago and now moved up to a true 1.08. I have way too much time in this Game, 10d, 8h, 26m with 27048 Kills and 25004 Deaths. I never got above 1 with any COD before the switch to a Monitor.

The RL2455HM Is one of those monitors I've reviewed before purchasing the VG248QE. For console gaming, I think the RL will do you justice. I'm a PC gamer as well, which is why I chose the Asus...I ended up doing the EDID Override Method to enable LightBoost, which is pretty awesome...On the other hand, I somehow felt that I should've went with a (G or Z series BenQ monitor)... I recently found out that by using the Blur Busters Strobe Utility on the G or Z series BenQs, that it allows you to have CRT quality while gaming at 60Hz on a console... To the average gamer none of this will make sense, but the geeks and nerds comprehend my lingo.  ;)  B) 

when i was loking for a gaming monitor i have asked here and i got lost of info from grate users here and i fnialy after their advice went with BenQ 

RL2455HM 

and it was fantasic choice.

here is the link to that topic info provided ther have helped me a lot

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/924-your-recommendation-for-gaming-monitor/?hl=%2Bgaming+%2Bmonitor

Zennon is right, but I hope the article helps, Still going from 40MS on your TV to what is going to be a 10 with the BenQ will help. I will also state that the lack of head movement helps as I see everything quicker vs moving my head. Plus at my prestige (Master Lvl 3) upping your KD is not easliy done, 1 was 1.05 2 prestiges ago and now moved up to a true 1.08. I have way too much time in this Game, 10d, 8h, 26m with 27048 Kills and 25004 Deaths. I never got above 1 with any COD before the switch to a Monitor.

i have the benq rl2455hm monitor its nice i used to play on a 32 inch flat screen i must say the response time on a monitor is great and playing on something smaller is better 

i have the benq rl2455hm monitor its nice i used to play on a 32 inch flat screen i must say the response time on a monitor is great and playing on something smaller is better

I was watching Cod Aw clips my friend posted and it seems like his kills register much faster and like it takes less bullets to kill. I guess it's the display lag from my tv that makes it seem like it takes forever to kill someone

I switched from a Samsung 42 inch plasma which I measured to have about 50ms input lag to the BenQ RL2460HT and it made a HUGE difference for me on AW... First the black equalizer alone is enough for anyone to switch. I can see so much more in dark areas of the game. If you take a look here you will see some of my comparison pictures.

The difference in input lag is very noticable once you make the switch. I used my BenQ for my PC for 2 days and when I went back to using my TV I could tell right away how slow and laggy the mouse felt just moving it around the screen.

For anyone who says a TV is just as good as a low ms input lag monitor is just crazy.

For anyone who says a TV is just as good as a low ms input lag monitor is just crazy.

I am crazy.

I say its just as good if not better sony 6ms input lag 42" Sitting 2 foot off.

I like to feel like I am part of the game not looking through a little window and feeling separated.

Archived