Remove the need for Username and Password

DanologyUK

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
24 minutes ago, MattyAu said:

Got to be about the only thing I hate about upgrading to the XR500/DumaOS. Since I use my laptop, every time it goes to sleep I need to re-sign in, rather annoying.

I'd suggest setting the username / password to only a few characters long and that will speed up the process until the time where we potentially allow disabling of the feature. Your browser may also be able to save the login information which would make this faster as well

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd suggest setting the username / password to only a few characters long and that will speed up the process until the time where we potentially allow disabling of the feature. Your browser may also be able to save the login information which would make this faster as well

Chrome saves the username / password, but sometime when open it back up, the fields are blank. Other times when I log back it it comes up with errors and won't load up properly and I need to close the browser down and open again.

• Administrators

Username: admin

Password: password

If that still doesn';t work, please see this thread: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/27016-cannot-access-ui-after-milestone-firmware-update/?do=findComment&comment=198498

On 11/14/2018 at 10:31 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

What errors are you getting? Can you provide a screenshot please

This was the second error. Unfortunately I neglected to capture the first one, but will do next time it pops up.

When I hit ok, the pages loads up, but come comes up with NA in most fields, will take a screenshot of that next time too.

Capture1.PNG

The only issue I had with the Duma OS is this Because I am not able to access my router page through Xbox one x' Microsoft Edge Browser. I hope they allow us to control whether we want have a logins or not . or just fix the problem tht occur to Xbox one browser.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Believerguy said:

The only issue I had with the Duma OS is this Because I am not able to access my router page through Xbox one x' Microsoft Edge Browser. I hope they allow us to control whether we want have a logins or not . or just fix the problem tht occur to Xbox one browser.

We're unlikely to optimise for a console browser specifically so once we disable the option to login that'll work for you but unsure how the interface will behave on that browser.

On 11/17/2018 at 1:05 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

We're unlikely to optimise for a console browser specifically so once we disable the option to login that'll work for you but unsure how the interface will behave on that browser.

Giving the users the option to disable or enable the logins is more than good for me. 

It's optimised on xbox one x except for three things 

1) login

2) Geo Filter zoom misses up the location if you try to change your location while its 2.5X zoom in. It will give you a different location than the one you selected 

3) After clicking on location label. You have to wait 5-8 sec before choosing your prefered location in the map. Otherwize it will give you a different location.

2 and 3 are minor things and can be solved. 

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Believerguy said:

Giving the users the option to disable or enable the logins is more than good for me. 

It's optimised on xbox one x except for three things 

1) login

2) Geo Filter zoom misses up the location if you try to change your location while its 2.5X zoom in. It will give you a different location than the one you selected 

3) After clicking on location label. You have to wait 5-8 sec before choosing your prefered location in the map. Otherwize it will give you a different location.

2 and 3 are minor things and can be solved. 

Probably to do with the big cursor that it has and on those options you need to be quite specific. Not sure when disabling login will be available but we'll let people know