Duma OS doesn't see Singapore servers in Black Ops 4

Chaiyoabc

I'm positive that when I install Duma OS and try to play Black Ops 4 in Thailand, it somehow connects me to Japan servers and bypass Singapore servers.

When I downgrade to older fw, it sees Singapore servers and can easily connect to Singapore servers

forget geo-filter, it doesn't work with bo4 (on both dumaOS and original) so there are no dots around like it appears in original fw

Please help me, I like duma OS but I don't wanna downgrade it just because I want Singapore servers 

• Administrators

Did you follow the instructions i.e. Hard turn off game/console. Setup Geo-Filter in Filtering Mode with Strict Enabled in the location and radius you want. Wait 2 minutes. Boot up the console and game, then search.

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you follow the instructions i.e. Hard turn off game/console. Setup Geo-Filter in Filtering Mode with Strict Enabled in the location and radius you want. Wait 2 minutes. Boot up the console and game, then search.

I did it, but it still doesn't see Singapore servers

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Theres definitely a Singapore server located in the correct place there. Do you see anything on the Geo-Filter when you boot up the game for the first time? You should see all the servers worldwide

I saw, but no sg servers in there. It usually come when i hit search in original netduma. 

It was working, not it is not again. I had to downgrade to previous version in order to be able to play on singapore server

• Administrators

Okay that's good, if you see all the other servers but not SG because that's where your radius is then that means it should then be allowed and should force you there. Theres no difference between the cloud versions but will chat with a dev tomorrow about it

• Netduma Staff
55 minutes ago, NoMoreMyFriend-S said:

I am still on original OS, thinking to upgrade.

I am close to Singapore and on the original OS I do not see a single server at all. No player circles either. I own the R1 since 2015 so I have quite some experience and don't think it is an 'operator' issue.

Any ideas?

Upgrading won't necessarily fix these issues - the issue is related to the game itself. We're still testing and we'll be releasing a cloud update first to address a few things.

Do you see any servers at all when you're zoomed out all the way? What if you follow Frasers advice above? "Hard turn off game/console. Setup Geo-Filter in Filtering Mode with Strict Enabled in the location and radius you want. Wait 2 minutes. Boot up the console and game, then search."

5 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Upgrading won't necessarily fix these issues - the issue is related to the game itself. We're still testing and we'll be releasing a cloud update first to address a few things.

Do you see any servers at all when you're zoomed out all the way? What if you follow Frasers advice above? "Hard turn off game/console. Setup Geo-Filter in Filtering Mode with Strict Enabled in the location and radius you want. Wait 2 minutes. Boot up the console and game, then search."

That doesn’t work. Tried it multiple time. Still connect to p2p. 

It’s funny that my friend who has normal router doesn’t have this problem. They keep connecting to singapore servers all the time

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Chaiyoabc said:

That doesn’t work. Tried it multiple time. Still connect to p2p. 

It’s funny that my friend who has normal router doesn’t have this problem. They keep connecting to singapore servers all the time

How do they know they are connecting to Singapore servers if they don't have the router to check?

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How do they know they are connecting to Singapore servers if they don't have the router to check?

There is option to check in-game

when u press option, go to network and there will be ping number in there

it is simple in this region, if ping is 2 digits then it is singapore server 

if it is 3 digit like around 120-140 then it is Japan

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, Chaiyoabc said:

There is option to check in-game

when u press option, go to network and there will be ping number in there

it is simple in this region, if ping is 2 digits then it is singapore server 

if it is 3 digit like around 120-140 then it is Japan

That's not necessarily an accurate way to tell. Your friend could have a lower base ping and better line quality, which would mean any server he / she connects to could have a 2 digit ping.

Either way, we're working on a cloud update and we're still thoroughly testing Black Ops 4. If you revert to a previous CoD game you'll find it'll play smoothly and all the servers will behave as usual. This is an issue with the game, and Treyarch recently acknowledged that there's network issues going on. Hopefully in a few weeks they'll have everything running properly!

12 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

That's not necessarily an accurate way to tell. Your friend could have a lower base ping and better line quality, which would mean any server he / she connects to could have a 2 digit ping.

Either way, we're working on a cloud update and we're still thoroughly testing Black Ops 4. If you revert to a previous CoD game you'll find it'll play smoothly and all the servers will behave as usual. This is an issue with the game, and Treyarch recently acknowledged that there's network issues going on. Hopefully in a few weeks they'll have everything running properly!

I think it is very easy to identify servers even without netduma in here, in this circumstance. 

I live in Thailand. There are two servers and only two server in 2 different location that we can ONLY connect to, that is Singapore and Japan. Which is the reason why we can differentiate the servers by just watching in-game ping 

singapore server always give us 60ms in bo4 

while Japan always give us 110-120 

that’s it. It is simple as that. 

For cod. It is always have been Japanese. And the newest one is Singapore. So that is my point to tell you how easy we can identify. 

As I mention about my friend’s routers which is normal router can easily pick up SG server. But for some reason my netduma can’t. 

And yes, i’m aware that you guys are updating cloud things and it will take times for netduma to work properly. I can wait, don’t worry, as long as you guys acknowledge this issue then i’m fine either wat

please make sure to update this issue whenever there is news or update about this

thanks

• Administrators

We are definitely onto it! Also, Ping Assist when it is launched will make a big difference to this, it will just allow the lowest ping server through if that's what you prefer.

2 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

We are definitely onto it! Also, Ping Assist when it is launched will make a big difference to this, it will just allow the lowest ping server through if that's what you prefer.

Good to hear. 

By the way, have you done something with cloud update today?

the reason why I ask because my netduma OS has picked up more SG server and I didn’t do anything. It just come

not sure if this placebo or you guys netduma team actually did something with the cloud

• Administrators

Not that I am aware of! It's probably not a placebo though, Treyarch will be making changes and improvements to their servers. I suspect they have started increasing the amount of games it can host. 

35 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Not that I am aware of! It's probably not a placebo though, Treyarch will be making changes and improvements to their servers. I suspect they have started increasing the amount of games it can host. 

Probably. But It still sometimes doesn’t connect to Singapore server and instead go to p2p. What I did when that happen is I restart the game. And it will give chance to connect to singapore servers. 

My friend has original r1 firmware and he can find Singapore server everytime. But I don’t want to downgrade because I really its dashboard and os 

• Administrators

Ok - we think this is likely to be on Treyarch's side. We hope to get Ping Assist out asap, this will really help you guys find low ping servers