Ps4 Pro update 6.00 /netduma incompatible. buffer bloat dslresports issues

Dear Netduma Since the PlayStation update 6.00 I've not been able to play online games with out lag while playing PES 2019 friends of mine using the R1 have the exact same problem. 

We have also tested to use basic router without R1 being connected and we sad to say it plays alot better. Please give us some advice what could be the reason and what to do next.

Error message - browser failed to upload any data at all error:1

unable now to log into normal a router via browser also 

Will add a few photos so you can get a better picture 

My setup isp router connected to Netduma or modem then netduma

When testing speed we use dslresports

Many thanks in advance and best regards

IMG_20180915_144346.jpg

IMG_20180915_144059.jpg

IMG_20180915_144251.jpg

IMG_20180915_144238.jpg

IMG_20180915_144327.jpg

23 hours ago, Kingcomic7 said:

Dear Netduma Since the PlayStation update 6.00 I've not been able to play online games with out lag while playing PES 2019 friends of mine using the R1 have the exact same problem. 

We have also tested to use basic router without R1 being connected and we sad to say it plays alot better. Please give us some advice what could be the reason and what to do next.

Error message - browser failed to upload any data at all error:1

unable now to log into normal a router via browser also 

Will add a few photos so you can get a better picture 

My setup isp router connected to Netduma or modem then netduma

When testing speed we use dslresports

Many thanks in advance and best regards

IMG_20180915_144346.jpg

IMG_20180915_144059.jpg

IMG_20180915_144251.jpg

IMG_20180915_144238.jpg

IMG_20180915_144327.jpg

I got the same results when I did some speedtests on dslreports via playstation. I dont know which one to believe the ones made with the pc or the ps4. On the pc I get triple A+ from CC settings 80 down and 90up all the way down to 20 and 40. 18ms ping to the server but gameplays still suck and lag is everywhere.

Yes sure I done a line test from the pc laptop wired connection to netduma and modem

BBC.Co.Uk and twitter.Com

Also did a ping test from the netduma while being connected to ps4 Pro wired

And Joe feel free to add psn acc kingcomic7 to discuss or play a game  

Thanks and regards

IMG_20180916_173052.jpg

IMG_20180916_180400.jpg

IMG_20180916_181544.jpg

IMG_20180916_180342.jpg

IMG_20180916_181603.jpg

IMG_20180916_181606.jpg

Edited by Kingcomic7

I thought that was weird. I got online for the first time in a while since I'm waiting for my new ISP line to go live, and after randomly deciding to do a test it was like it ignored my CC sliders. Well, I got the loss of bandwidth but there was bloat all over the place lol. I wasn't considering the update because I was distracted while downloading that, so I forgot about it. 

Something else is weird. Normally you can use MTU as low as 1356 on the PS4 before getting a "router in use may not support ip packet fragmentation" warning. A Netalyzr test told me my line has path MTU issues and ever since then I've seen that warning come up on my PS4. My line type is FTTC (VDSL2) so the correct MTU is 1492, but the PS4 will only accept 1500 now and not anywhere between 1356 and 1499 as before. Interestingly when I remove the R1 from the equation, use 1492 on my TP Link modem (or set it up in bridge mode where you can't manually change the MTU) and type in 1492 on the PS4, the connection test completes quickly with no warning. 

I wonder if the R1 is struggling with MTU in general, both when set to auto and not. When I used to manually type in everything applicable to my network on the R1, setting 1492 MTU gave me 1484, and 1484 gave me 1476 etc. 🤔

Thank you mate for the post because I didn't no about the mtu situation also. Will look into this from my side I completely see what your saying. Something going on here. Also feel free to add me kingcomic7 psn 

Personally would recommend leaving MTU on auto in PS4 and setting it in router to what your ISP recommends. 

From what I understand, a device does not hold on to an MTU packet until it is full ( cite a content creator from Austria Battle(non)sense.

Regards DSLreports I would always trust your PC; the browser in a console came from a Christmas cracker. It is made for basic browsing. Online gaming needs such little bandwidth. 

Make sure household are offline when you do it and avoid the early evening when the load at your ISP is naturally high.

Thanks generally speaking for myself my mtu is on auto usually don't have a issue with this 

As for dslresports on the PS4 we know pc is more stable we 

The fact is the connection in games is reflecting what the report says unfortunately mate so it's hard to ignore as something is not right

May I ask your setup and experience since the update 

Thanks for input most welcome

• Netduma Staff

This seems like a really strange issue. Have you tried a hard reset since the update? (Turn off your Console, Netduma and Modem. Wait 5 minutes then turn on your Modem. Wait a minute then turn on your Netduma. Wait another minute before turning on your console). 

I'm just glad DumaOS is so soon to be released - hopefully that new R1 upgrade will resolve this issue. This seems like it must be something to do with the back-end of the R1 firmware. DumaOS is a complete overhaul, so I'm hopeful that this issue will die with DumaOS!

Hi Jack thanks for thequick response 

I have tried to reset since the update and no joy . Hopefully the OS can resolve any issues 

At the minute I'm in limbo is there anything else which we could do 

How did my line results and pictures look?

• Netduma Staff

Your line looks perfect really, no complaints there. Your base ping is brilliant and you line seems stable and free of any issues.

I'm unconvinced that this has any bearing on the router itself - it still seems weird to me that these issues would only happen after a PS4 update. I'm convinced that PS4 will probably release an update to fix these issues on their end - after all, if their update broke it, it's probably on them. We'll see if DumaOS resolves the issue though.

How bad is your gameplay after the update? What's your ping to the game like?

Well that's sounds brilliant and a good start atleast to find the route of the problem.

All I want to do is play pes 2019 lag free when possible 

Is it possible for you guys to run some test on pes 2019 and maybe create a profile 

Tbh waiting for update could be a long time from now to see if that is the solution. 

The fact that others have got the same issue since update 6.00 is a worry and the lack of patch notes from Sony does make you think 

And on the same day pes had a update to 2019

Game play after the update is to point were I will not play at all online its so bad 

I'm not sure but feels my isp router is not connecting as it should with the R1 as it don't have modem mode as far as I'm aware. 

When using modem things don't seem to be much better with R1 

I wrote a post on lllrl which I feel I may have the same problems maybe you could take a look please 

Is it true that you should not use dslresports from the PS4 browser I told? 

Will the new Duma OS have a pes 2019 profile for online hehe or wait and see.. 

Thanks again for the speedy response too 

Hi Kingcomic7

I have re-read your posts and I am not sure I understand exactly what your issue is (aside from the lag point)

To follow up on my previous posts I am on Update 6.00 and I ran dslreports in the PS4 browser and it ran with no issues. You can run dslreports from the PS4 but to get the best analysis it should be done on a PC. For example, If I run from a PC or PS4 I will get the same upload and download speeds but the PS4 will report worse pings than on the PC. 

When i run dslreports on the PS4 I get the same dslreports messages "browser gives no upload progress". I think all that means that the PS4 isn't telling you it is running each upload stream and to what region. It still does an upload and gives you the final results.

So from my perspective all works as normal post the update.

The only thing I do not get is that second picture error message - but I think you are getting that because you don't have javascript enabled within your PS4 browser

Could be wrong but suspect you may want to look at the servers you are connecting to to play online - maybe that is what has changed

Ariiiiight...guys...

First homie your problem is not your r1 it is directly your aio !!! I had the same problems when i was with Bell and them locked aio which was causing these same problems....change modem/aio or change isp but still on vdsl2 if you can't get ftth !!! (I even tautght that R1 wasn't compliant totally with vdsl...changed to cable...re change to Bell but after movin... got them latest aio (they don't have modems only aio) and boom no more pop up like that.... well it did happen once in a while but all the line was suffering...anyways i changed again for cable...moved again and got back on vdsl2 on the Bell lines but with another isp...way better connection...stability...ping...and not the same aio's so it result in...never got a problem pop up like that again !!! I then moved to an even faster isp and still no warning pop up like that on vdsl2 !!! I use an SR505N in bridge mode without being in bridge mode with the brand new 2.6.1.6 firmware which rocks even more !!! If i remember your ps4 speedtest also show a warning pop up saying the same... and if i remember harder i think that's when i found out that we on vdsl2 need to Enable DEEP PACKET PROCESSING in R1 misc tab !!! Thing that i didn't did first because we where told not to... with nobody explaining things properly so i learned by myself like i always do and found out that it fix our vdsl2...and so everybody learn... If on Cable line Do Not Enable Deep Packet Processing... if on dsl i think it should do the same as with vdsl 😝 and same for ftth so Enable Deep Packet Processing !!!!!!!!!!!!! Always restart aio/modem then R1 or router...followed by devices hooked to it after making changes so they really and properly apply those changes !!!

Second thing guys... Stop listening to those who pretend not to speedtest via ps4...they don't understand how things work !!! If you want to use 1 device to do some on internet...then it's with this device you should test not with another device since it makes no sens in testing with something different than what you use !!! Plus you gotta be kidding when you tell that ps4 browser suck...it just don't work exactly like a pc browser since there is less addons on ps4 than on pc which affect your results....less things may disturb your results with ps4 !!! Always test your connection via your console if you tryin to tune it for a better online experience...not via something else (like if ya want to buy an Audi R8...ya'll want to test it first... would ya test drive and Audi A6 then conclude that the R8 is awesome or nah then buying it or nah ??? NOOOO !!! You would tell that seller that you want to test that R8 that ya want to buy...not another Audi pretending that they all the same !!! GOT IT NOW GUYS ???!!!) 

Yes the 6.00 update did ruin visual quality and stability and performance of ps4 by 40% at least !!! It also mess my tv...and internet !!! My 2 months old God Of War Special Edition PS4 PRO was lookin like my day 1 edition that i changed for the pro...also my other ps4 suffered the same problems !!! I tried everything till the extreme...2 days ago i re installed (format + clean install) that 6.0 firmware directly took on sony's page and it helped a lot...now if i compare vs a day before that crap 6.0 it now affect it by 5 to 10 % max...which is much better than by 40% !!! Most people wouldn't see the differences but i do !!! It's now better for my ps4 but still my tv was messed up by that upgrade so yesterday i got on the advanced menu and deep factory reset it then i updated tcon and re do my setings... sweet i fixed my tv so she now back like what she was before that update... flawwwwless on all aspects !!! So now i've fix ps4...tv...time to fix that internet !!!

Now i found out new things yesterday... i did 5 firmware update on my aio and 2 factory reset (high number because it wasn't flawlessly operating and i had to find the perfect method to achieve that perfection) anywayz i succeeded as always...Steps are:  Powering off all devices hooked to internet except for the device you use to manage (pc or phone ect) backup settings from aio...get tha latest firmware aka download latest firmware for your aio and also the R1 firmware(same version that the 1 already running on R1 or a newer version)... factory reset aio...restart aio...wait 2 mins so all aio lights are on....unplug aio from power source...disconnect phone cable between wall and aio(that cable that bring internet) wait 3 mins...plug aio power back on but not internet yet...wait till aio lights are on...confirm that all settings have been cleared from aio then firmware update it...still with no internet yet... you have to look at your aio till you see it restart then you wait a lil bit more to be sure (mine restart 3 times in a row when updating firmware)...then you restart it !!! After all lights are fully on...remove aio power and wait 3 mins !!! Power aio on then wait till lights are on...then update settings(may be called restore settings)with the settings file you saved first before flashing firmware... wait till it's done and restart aio...confirm that your saved settings have been applied and restart aio... wait till aio lights are fully on then remove power for the last time and wait 3 mins...while this wait you can plug back the internet cable on the wall... Now your aio is ready but don't power it on yet... it's R1 repair time !!! 

R1 misc tab... Factory reset..apply...restart r1...confirm all R1 settings have been cleared...remove power to R1 and wait 3mins !!! Still aio off so no internet... Power on R1 and wait 3mins... get to update tab... choose your R1 firmware... Untick both options aka preserve settings and check version... then press Upgrade so it will flash firmware and restart the r1 so when you hear that R1 sound saying it reboot you then restart your device used to manage !!! Wait 2mins then get in R1 to set it... (PS: YESTERDAY I WASN'T ABLE TO ENTER MY R1 AFTER FLASHING FIRMWARE SO I SEARCHED HARD IN MY LIL HEAD AND FOUND THAT THE R1 HAD CHANGED 88.1 FOR 1.1 SO 192.168.1.1 INSTEAD OF IT USUAL 192.168.88.1... I JUST GOT IN LAN TAB AND CHANGED IT TO 88 THEN APPLY THEN RESTART DEVICE USED TO MANAGE AND BOOM R1 IS ACCESSIBLE VIA 192.168.88.1 AGAIN) misc tab first untick everything and just tick deep packet processing...allow cookies...turbo(i have only 50/10mbs)... and New setting from yesterday...enable Stealth mode(wasnt using it anymore but decided to test it again and wow even at 30ms on that crappiest dedis of them all near me Every bullets register and no over recoil at all) anyways will still test it deeper in the next hours so this one is optional for you guys. Refresh webpage to confirm every changes you made then wan tab...untick ipv6 and apply...nothing else...lan...i recommend to allow only the number of devices you have plus a couple more for people hooking to your internet... Like if you have 10 devices and have let say 10 friends and family members...ya'll want to allow 20...max 25 devices to hook...so in lan tab...allow range 20 to 45 so no more than 25 devices will be able to hook on your internet simultaneously... i set mine from 192.168.88 6 to 192.168.88 11 (i temporarily  open more when i need) !!! Then untick ipv6 and apply !!! Now set the wifi and apply !!! Now Geofilter... tick only auto ping host and strict...me also km but only a preference....untick ping peers and untick show dormant hosts and untick show legend ... now set your home location on the map... put ping assist at off aka at 0 !!! Set your radius (i suggest 500km then get higher lil by lil if you struggle to find people exemple at night) and now refresh webpage to confirm your changes !!! Now set QOS aka Anti flood... set your bandwith (real numbers like if you pay for 50/10 then enter 50 10) apply...a pop up will show asking to auto configure speed...click YES !!!!!!!!!!!! Refresh the webpage to confirm changes... at 50 10 should have changed to reactive algorythm...if not set it... get back to lan tab...re disable ipv6....wan tab re disable ipv6...misc tab redisable ipv6 then refresh webpage to confirm and restart R1 and managing device... Wait 1 min then last step... Misc tab dhcp lease tab... dhcp lease every devices hooking to your R1... at this time there is only the managing device so dhcp lease it and go in devices management to name it if ya want...you may dhcp lease a different ip number than the one it is hooked to right now... now start 1 device at time...name it and set it device genre aka phone pc console tablet ect...then dhcp lease it...do that with every devices that will hook to R1 !!! Once they all dhcp leased and named and categorized...you shut them all off except the managing device !!! Get in Congestion control tab aka Qos and add console to hyper traffic... now bring the sliders to 70/70 ...refresh webpage to confirm... Get on Geofilter tab and add console + service (ex: ps4 and playstation network service) add them all if you have more than one !!! Refresh page to confirm !!! Now misc tab... restart R1... wait 2mins... Remove power aka shut off R1... Now you will also shut off managing device...not restart...completely off !!!.... wait 3mins and now... First power on aio and wait till all lights are on then wait 2 more mins !!! Now power on R1 and wait 2mins !!! Start managing device only and go on misc tab....since internet is here now...you will untick bleeding edge cloud and then untick auto cloud(in that order cuz if not BE become un tickable) and now manual set 43-41-29 aka the latests .... apply cloud settings then restart R1 and managing device !!! Now you can power on your devices and enjoy internet !!!

Ps: On vdsl2 you should only set a ptm connection and no atm at all !!! The only place to set dns is in aio !!! Your isp give you 2 dns at least...one will be better so you'll have to test them both and then choose to use only the best one by setting the same dns ip in both dns setting in aio only !!! Always restart aio after these changes then restart r1 and devices...now good to test !!! For R1 i told 70 70 to start...while in a COD match look the host ping line ... If its straight...everything should be flawless in your match ... but if not straight line and or bullets not all registering.... Just bring those sliders from 70 70 to 85 85.... test couple of mins... it already is better but not flawless yet?...aright no stress...bring them sliders to 95 95...now should be flawless and every bullets should register as supposed to !!! If still not...try passive algorythm instead of reactiv but 4 real passive is worst in every scenarios.....can also try without turbo but it help getting ya full speed and ping consistently !!! I would just switch dns to see if its an isp problem or not !!! VDSL2 is extremely sensible so you need a twisted phone cable to bring internet from the wall to the aio...twited cables are round vs usual phone cables that are flat !!! If you guys want a better less restricted internet setup...you really need cat7 sftp cables on all your setup...!!! Don't be stupid complaining that cat7 change nothing when you have cat5 cables still hooked... It's exact same with pc ram...put a 2go 800mhz stick with a 2go 1200mhz stick and 2 x 4go 2400mhz sticks...you'll have 12go of memory yes but they all will work at the lowest max rate aka 800mhz even if 2 sticks can do 2400mhz !!! Also understand that there is also frequency in ethernet cables and bandwith differs so all cables really are not equals !!! 

Enough help and lessons for today.... Take care... Peeeaace !!! 👽🍻✌ DMC51450 everywhere

Forgot to mention... To those who want to have a flawless setup...yep ya need cat7 cables but also...and very game changing for a setup...go at an Apple store and buy a BELKIN HDMI 2.1 cable... at least for your console...but also for every components who hook via hdmi !!!  It really change everything !!! Your screen will become more clean...more deep...more precise...more fluid....more responsive....you will really see what you were supposed to see...i mean ya'll want to re watch some things since it's like day and night and you now see way more details you were missing (even with Monster black platinum hdmi cables that cost higher than 100$) and all that for 35$ canadian with Belkin at apple shit store !!! Games are now lookin much more deeper...like ya 1080p screen almost look like 4k... and speed wise it's soooo fluid like your gonna find that over sensible at both 4 sensitivity in COD WW2.... don't worry after some time practicing with extreme fluidity you become used to it just like when you get a better isp with a faster ping than your previous one...you need lil adjustments at first !!! It's so day and night change....that i stopped playing on my mlg 24" 1ms benq for playin on my premium samsung 55" 240hz 1080p since i have absolutely no lag at all now ( i play on this 55" instead of on my new premium 55" 4k samsung tv since it's better in every ways and my 240hz 1080p looks a lil bit better and much more clean and precise and fluid while moving since 240hz vs the 120hz 4k tv) tested both with the same belkin hdmi 2.1 cables !!! Even my lil 24" benq got an eye poping upgrade with the belkin 2.1 cable ...which is phenomenal since it's just 24" !!!

Anyways guys be bright and buy one to test by yourself...at least for the logic that spec wise it's 4 time the hdmi 2.0 bandwith and higher frequency... so even if ya still think i'm a noob so you don't trust my extreme knowledge...just understand that cables really matter...to this day it's the best 2.1 cable available worldwide...others are crap with lower frequencies and bandwith...it's around 30$ only at an apple store so it's not a big guess to test it yourself !!! Just knows that they have an hdmi 2.0 cable with the same packaging box visual than the new hdmi 2.1 cable...they differ only by them id numbers on their boxes !!! They bring them hdmi 2.1 cables to fully enjoy hdr and 4k since they was having lot of picture problems with them 4k apple tv device...!!! 

Only better thing than this Belkin 2.1 hdmi cable...now...on earth... only one technology surpass these cables and that's my next step...i just wait till they release the first 2.1 hdmi with that technology... since as of right now...on earth...they only have them in 2.0 version which is not good enough 4 me 👽... Optic Fiber HDMI cables !!!!!! Don't worry i'll share the word when that will come out...in the next weeks !!! Just knows that it's 100$ & + for a lil 3 feets 😋 so if money matter for you at least get a 35$ canadian Belkin hdmi 2.1 cable...not any other...the Belkin only !!! 

If you get 1 then tell me how you find that 😉 !!! 

Take care... Peeeaace !!! 👽🍻

I'm no longer convinced the issue is with the PS4. 

I just set my R1 CC to 70%, 30% and 1% to test my bandwidth with my new 80/20 VDSL2 line. I'm getting almost dead on 20Mb up every time on different devices, wired and wireless. Download is moving around randomly (like I got 43Mb with 30% preemptive, when the max I'm getting is just 54Mb total in the first place with fluctuations heading south) but upload stays put. I wasn't using device priority but I hit reset anyway - no difference. I rebooted the R1 - no difference. 

The bloat is coming from congestion control no longer working. It was fine up until this week 🤔

Hi @dan thanks for post

I'm response to your message basically unable to use R1 with ps4 because of the lag and unable to find a stable balance on the dslresports 

Can I ask do you have the R1? Which provider are you? 

Im getting a different experience it seems when running these test 

This browser no upload progress message has suddenly appeared since the update and its first time I've encountered this and I use the site  regular 

My ps4 is brand new and I have Java script enabled also 

Pes is a peer to peer game and I'm struggling to play the man down the road its that's bad 

Hi there @DMC_81 again thanks for messages could be vital 

I will try to answer your message 

Was unsure what you meant by aio? 

Will do as you say attempt to enable deep packet processing as I'm on vdsl2 also

Do you think I should I invest in this sr505n and is it compatible with talktalk? 

And I agree I thought that was normal to test from the device your using so its more accurate but I'm not expert tbh just learning as I go along so will try anything so. Even try that audio out lol 

So you believe that the update has changed things aswell. Knew it wasn't just me 

I have re installed the update 6.00 but made no difference my console is 1 month old if that 

Well I'm playing on BenQ monitor now as would be easy to run 

Glad u resolved the issue with TV tho goodtimes and thanks for showing the steps you had taken to get ur setup running smoothly and if I manage to get one of those 2.1 cable you speak will let you know mate 

I'm also using a cat 7 from R1 to ps4 but maybe I need a few more 

Also using HDMI 2.0 

Will look into the twisted phone cable 

Thanks again 

11 hours ago, lllRL said:

I'm no longer convinced the issue is with the PS4. 

I just set my R1 CC to 70%, 30% and 1% to test my bandwidth with my new 80/20 VDSL2 line. I'm getting almost dead on 20Mb up every time on different devices, wired and wireless. Download is moving around randomly (like I got 43Mb with 30% preemptive, when the max I'm getting is just 54Mb total in the first place with fluctuations heading south) but upload stays put. I wasn't using device priority but I hit reset anyway - no difference. I rebooted the R1 - no difference. 

The bloat is coming from congestion control no longer working. It was fine up until this week 🤔

Hey IIIRL

I think you are a long time user so you probably know this already.

Have you set your bandwidth figures or changed them recently? The sliders are fairly crude (sorry Netduma) so best to hone your bandwidth settings to get them to be accurate. 

That said, definitely an issue if 1% gets you a 20mb download.

I wouldn't recommend letting R1 make any automatic changes when changing bandwidth either. Especially if you are on PPPOE? 

Did you try a factory reset from the misc settings menu

4 hours ago, Kingcomic7 said:

Hi @dan thanks for post

I'm response to your message basically unable to use R1 with ps4 because of the lag and unable to find a stable balance on the dslresports 

Can I ask do you have the R1? Which provider are you? 

Im getting a different experience it seems when running these test 

This browser no upload progress message has suddenly appeared since the update and its first time I've encountered this and I use the site  regular 

My ps4 is brand new and I have Java script enabled also 

Pes is a peer to peer game and I'm struggling to play the man down the road its that's bad 

Hi. Yes I have the R1. Im using BT fibre. I have gamed alot post update with no noticeable difference.

I am playing on servers though rather P2P.

I do think the points on Dslreports are a red herring. An upload progress report isn't stopping the upload test.