Denied Servers and Players

The New ones I’ve denied, Yes they appear with a slash through them. But the ones that are under my denied list and that I’ve blocked in the past I still connect to. Wondering if I should just clear out my entire list of Allow and Deny and just start fresh.

• Administrators

Okay that's interesting. So it may be that the fix is included as it seems to be denying new servers/IDs. The old ones may not be utilising the fixed denied system so yes as you have mentioned I would recommend clearing out all the old ones and denying as they come up in the future to see if they stay denied now.

Just an idea/suggestion for the next update, it would be nice to select multiple servers or players (like a check box in an email account) and delete them all at once. Just a suggestion for those with an Allow and Deny “Laundry List.” 😉

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Albo2001 said:

You could group all dedicated servers divided for region , and selected where you could connected..

That might be a difficult task, also just because you've allowed a server doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get connected to it

• 1 month later...

Thanks this is happening much more frequently now. The first few times it seemed odd, but even today I've connected to denied servers at least 4 times. I even deny them again and it seems to work for awhile, but then sure enough I'll connect to another.

I haven't connected to one good server this morning. Only servers I've denied! As you can see in the pics, they are denied and do not have the slash through them indicating its a denied server. However I highlighted it showing that I did deny the server. These pics are servers I've connected to 2 times in a row!! In other words, after each game I left the lobby, waited about 2- 3 mins, tried to get into another lobby and connected to another denied server. (It was actually 3 TIMES IN A ROW I didn't take the first picture before these two because I thought it was a random fluke) This is a serious problem that needs to be fixed. I've dealt with this issue since July of 2018, and you resolved the issue for a month with the latest update, and here we are again. This is getting frustrating and pretty ridiculous 

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 1.07.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 1.15.46 PM.png

• Administrators

We've tested Deny multiple times and it's working for us, so this is weird for sure. Is there a time gap between you denying and connecting to it again? It takes about 2 minutes to kick in (a deliberate anti-cheating method)

Also, not sure if you want to try this, but you could avoid these high ping servers if you used Ping Assist like a Ping Filter. See the bottom half of this guide here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

I'm seeing a similar issue in Destiny 2 (P2P game). I'll block a player because I don't want to match their team again, wait several minutes and start match making again. I'll have several games where I don't match this team, but then after a good 30-40 minutes we match them again. The below screenshot shows one of the IDs that I blocked but it doesn't show with a / through it. I'm fairly technical, so if you need logs from the router or packet captures from the network to help solve this issue let me know.

Duma.PNG

• Administrators

Thanks guys, this is helpful. Are you both using XR500s? Are you on the latest firmware (ends in .40)? You can check firmware version by clicking the 'i' icon in the top right corner of DumaOS.

Given you are both seeing similar results we will need to check this ourselves. 

Thanks.

I just realized something...(This is starting to become a pattern for me when playing) When I fire up my game and go into a lobby, it takes me through all my denied servers first before it connects me to a server I allowed. As soon as it connects me to a denied server, I leave the match and deny the server again. (While it's still showing on the map. It even shows the slash on the server indicating it's denied.) After that it connects me to my next denied server, and I repeat the process. At that point, it denies the servers for that day and I don't connect to them again ONLY for that day or gaming session. When I play the next day, it starts all over again. Connects me to all my denied servers first, I deny them as I connect to them, and then it connects me to a server I allowed. But none the less, I shouldn't have to do this every day during gaming sessions. Once the server is denied, I shouldn't connect to it..period.