In-Game Lag Compensation FIX for COD WWII Pc Gamers

[iN-GAME LAG COMPENSATION SOLUTION FOR COD WWII PC GAMERS]

Here are my settings that work for me in the UK. (I'm now back to 25-5 KDR ...yay!)

I cant verify this works for CONSOLE owners, but you can try it and see.....

[in-Game Lag Solution]

Okay.... So I found a much smoother COD WWII (Pc) game-play experience by changing my Gaming Pc from a Pc to an XBOX in device manager (this is Optional and not totally necessary - both ways work , Pc or as a console), and then adding that as a device in Geo Filter (and QoS at 70/70 sliders)

I noticed a significant improvement in game in terms of ping (40ms is the sweet spot as previously mentioned by another poster)

I have my Geo radius set to EXCLUDE the entire UK (where my IP is hosted) and set it centered to Mid-Europe. (This method should work for everyone , in your own area, as long as you check that your ping to game server is as close to 40ms as you can get (40ms is the "sweet-spot" for COD WWII on PC).

Previously i was connecting to UK servers with a low ping and getting destroyed every game. Low ping in this game is of no benefit, in fact quite the opposite.

So, here are the settings that work perfect for me....

[update]

perfected my WWII (Pc) gaming experience by using both a VPN and the XR500 Geo location system.

I use IPVanish VPN, connected to Nottingham servers. (I live in Northern Ireland UK)

I have my Geo location set to Mid-Europe and the circle set to just almost touch the English channel. (Thus excluding the entire UK!!)

This gives me a perfect ping around 35-40ms (this ping will give you best hit-rate in game) on European servers & P2P hosts.

I now have great game-play with this setting. 

Bare in mind, this is only for WWII and you should play around with your own settings for different games.

Note: While this works perfect for me, it may not for others!! Given that I live in N.Ireland, and my BT servers are London based, my base ping to BT is 18ms. This will come into play if you attempt to use my settings. You WILL have to play around with your own VPN connection location as that will affect your ping to European servers. I used Ping Plotter to determine the best ping . I.e. VPN on Nottingham and connecting to a German WWII server.  Basically, you want a ping of 38ms to a WWII server...

[Geo-Filter settings]

Pc Added as "Call of Duty" Device with [Filtering Mode ENABLED]

filtering_mode.jpg

[uPDATE] - I have now amended the information as the Amsterdam server must have been upgraded. It now pings at 24ms (used to be around 35+)

NOTE: However !!, By using my VPN settings (scroll back up a bit) I have since able to expand my radius slightly to now include the Amsterdam server. Using a VPN creates "virtual lag" , just enough to generate the perfect 38ms ping to the WWII Game servers in Europe.

servers.jpg

Additionally, I did use Port Triggering in my setup (im not sure this is totally necessary ... but because it gave me an OPEN NAT i just left it active)

I did notice occasionally that if i wasn't using Port Triggering and just relied on UPnP, I sometimes got a Moderate NAT... with Port Triggering, i get OPEN NAT 100% of the time)

Note: Not to be confused with Port Forwarding !, port triggering will only open the ports as and when requested.... therefore, more secure!  

[Port Triggering Setting] - Ports Enabled (see table further down for all WWII ports across each platform)

port_triggering.jpg

[Anti-Bufferfloat Setting] - Set to "When High Priority Traffic Detected". Sliders set to, 70% / 70%

antibufferfloat1.jpg

Ports Used by COD WWI are;

cod_ports.jpg

[Traffic Prioritization Setting] - Set to DumaOS Classified Games - Disabled. (Use ports defined for your Device from above table.

traffic-priority-_Pc.jpg

[bandwidth Allocation Setting]  (i gave my gaming rig 20% / 20% on BOTH Download and Upload)

bandwidth.jpg

bandwidth_UL.jpg

[My Broadband speeds tested as being 70Mbps DL and 12Mbps Upload - so i set these in the QoS Setting during the initial router setup]

My_Speeds.jpg

You can do you own speedtest anytime though - this can be done anytime within the router by going to Settings, Setup Wizard , choose Yes and follow prompts....

startup-wizard1.jpg

Thank you for spreading the word xlr8r.  If any of the Duma guys can answer this, I still have an issue with the Xbox one Teredo IP.  If I don't have those servers under my geo filter umbrella, party chat won't work.  The thing is, I'm forced to keep my geo filter much larger than I want it, which gave me some bad games last night.  I'd really appreciate a workaround for this issue.  Thanks as always, guys.

• Administrators

Thank you for spreading the word xlr8r.  If any of the Duma guys can answer this, I still have an issue with the Xbox one Teredo IP.  If I don't have those servers under my geo filter umbrella, party chat won't work.  The thing is, I'm forced to keep my geo filter much larger than I want it, which gave me some bad games last night.  I'd really appreciate a workaround for this issue.  Thanks as always, guys.

Party chat servers should all be whitelisted so that shouldn't be the case. If you can't get into party chat does anything appear as blocked on the Geo-Filter?

I play on console PS4 Pro and can definitely tell you the higher ping is somewhat true. Yesterday I had a game with ping spikes of 40 and then went up to 80-110ms a few times and I was completely dominating. My score was somewhere around 21-4. I'm going to try this out and see if it helps. Do you completely dominate each game on pc now?

I think port forwarding is waste to me unless you cant get a open nat with upnp.

I didn't use Port Forwarding, i used Port triggering so required COD ports only open when needed. Better security....

as I said above, i wasn't getting an Open NAT by just using UPnP, but by using Port Triggering, it was open 100% of the time.

These are just my findings that worked for me, may be different settings for your setup.

I play on console PS4 Pro and can definitely tell you the higher ping is somewhat true. Yesterday I had a game with ping spikes of 40 and then went up to 80-110ms a few times and I was completely dominating. My score was somewhere around 21-4. I'm going to try this out and see if it helps. Do you completely dominate each game on pc now?

As long as my ping is around 40ms to the game server, yes i will dominate.

As long as my ping is around 40ms to the game server, yes i will dominate.

It may be placebo, then again thats all based on your ISP. If someone is playing on a fiber gigabit connection versus docsis cable you'll definitely notice a huge difference in hit detection as well as sub 5 millisecond pings to your local server which is definitely an advantage over the guy coming around a corner. ✌ Just speaking from experience.

It may be placebo, then again thats all based on your ISP. If someone is playing on a fiber gigabit connection versus docsis cable you'll definitely notice a huge difference in hit detection as well as sub 5 millisecond pings to your local server which is definitely an advantage over the guy coming around a corner. ✌ Just speaking from experience.

hi i have a fiber connection fttH 1gb an average ping of 9 ms on pingplotter and hit detection is very bad I thank xlr because ww2 on the best server is 30ms from home if I go on the server 11ms I feel a huge compensation lag this game is logic and the geofilter and the solution sorry for my english im french

that will account for my 25-5 KDR  LOL!!  ;) 

Playstation and Xbox Live , I imagine... operate different game servers from STEAM. Sorry this didnt work for you Console owners....  :unsure:

by the way, what pings where you guys getting from your Console game servers/peers ?

Console: PS4

Dedi's - Local 5-15ms | East Coast US 25-35ms

Peers - Range anywhere from 55-110ms

I notice everytime I session join a peer I'm running past his bullets

UK 6ms. Europe 11 to 40ms. Not tried US for a while now. TBH only way to get an element of fun on WW2 is to throttle hard. But the inconsistency drives me nuts.

First game usually ok even without throttling. Second game with same lobby awful rarely gets better after that.

Would love to know what the system is doing when you go from dedi to peer to dedi between games. Probably farms our connection over to Facebook so Zuckerberg can data rape our network.

UK 6ms. Europe 11 to 40ms. Not tried US for a while now. TBH only way to get an element of fun on WW2 is to throttle hard. But the inconsistency drives me nuts.

First game usually ok even without throttling. Second game with same lobby awful rarely gets better after that.

Would love to know what the system is doing when you go from dedi to peer to dedi between games. Probably farms our connection over to Facebook so Zuckerberg can data rape our network.

"....Probably farms our connection over to Facebook so Zuckerberg can data rape our network."

LOL !!!  Good One !!

for WWII (pc) . yep ... you have to connect to a Euro server to get a decent game at all (provided you live in UK)

I usually keep a second screen showing my XR500 Geo screen so i can see what server ive connected to. if 20ms i quit, if over 60ms i quit and retry again

The settings in my first post, work best for me..

Yeah I have the R1 running on the tablet the whole time I am gaming. On PS4 matchmaking will put me as close to home (UK) as the GEO filter will let it. Whatever you do two games on the same settings on the same dedi will play very differently.

Updated my original post as things have slightly changed with one of the Amsterdam COD servers.

see text in RED and new diagram for update, under [Geo-Filter settings]

also updated Traffic Prioritization Setting

cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OP Updated

perfected my WWII (Pc) gaming experience by using both a VPN and the XR500 Geo location system.

I use IPVanish VPN, connected to Nottingham servers. (I live in Northern Ireland UK)

I have my Geo location set to Mid-Europe and the circle set to just almost touch the English channel. (Thus excluding the entire UK!!)

This gives me a perfect ping around 35-40ms (this ping will give you best hit-rate in game) on European servers & P2P hosts.

I now have great game-play with this setting. 

Bare in mind, this is only for WWII and you should play around with your own settings for different games.

See OP for full info

in this strategy, are you trying to increase lag in one direction or another, as end result you would be short at with "rubber" bullets while doing damage to opponents? Otherwise I cannot explain VPN thing, VPN will utilize bandwidth to send data via the secure pipe technically it introduces latency, and reduces throughput via the pipe.

in this strategy, are you trying to increase lag in one direction or another, as end result you would be short at with "rubber" bullets while doing damage to opponents? Otherwise I cannot explain VPN thing, VPN will utilize bandwidth to send data via the secure pipe technically it introduces latency, and reduces throughput via the pipe.

as long as i end up with a positive KDR i dont really care how it works, as long as it does lol!!